Prattville, AL Mesothelioma Lawyer
Prattville, AL : Asbestos Exposure
People that lived and worked in Prattville, AL during 1930-1980 (the heaviest exposure years), may have been exposed to toxic asbestos products and materials. More than 3,000 asbestos-containing products and materials were shipped and used throughout the state of Alabama.
Asbestos is most dangerous when inhaled or ingested. Many Alabama workers were daily exposed to toxic asbestos dust and fibers where they inhaled and ingested them without any protection in their workplace.
If you have been exposed to asbestos in your workplace, military service, home, lived near buildings or companies that manufactured and distributed asbestos-containing products please contact one of our Alabama Mesothelioma lawyers for a free case evaluation.
Alabama has a specific set of laws that could impact your ability to file an asbestos claim. Alabama has Statute of Limitation laws that limit the amount of time in which Mesothelioma victims and family members can file a lawsuit.
Asbestos Exposure in Alabama
- More than 143,000 tons of asbestos shipments were received in the state of Alabama.
- Mesothelioma cases are found in 9 out of every 1 million people.
- 1 in every 125 males over 55 will be diagnosed with an asbestos related cancer in their lifetime.
- 1 in 3 U. S. Veterans will develop an asbestos related disease in their lifetime.
- In the last 40 years more than 6,000 asbestos companies have been named in Mesothelioma and Asbestos claims.
- There have been more than 600,000 Mesothelioma and asbestos-related claims with an estimated value of 275 billion.
- More than 10,000 Americans are diagnosed with Mesothelioma and other asbestos-related cancers each year.
If You Lived in Prattville, AL : Asbestos Exposure
Prattville, AL residents that worked with and around toxic asbestos products that exposed them to toxic asbestos dust and fibers are at a higher risk of developing an asbestos related cancer in their lifetime. Mesothelioma and other asbestos-related cancers can lay dormant in people for 10-50 years.
Asbestos exposure is responsible for approximately 10,000 deaths each year in the United States. Many asbestos-containing products were used during construction between 1930-1980 in city buildings, libraries, museums, courthouses, industrial buildings, machine shops, manufacturing plants, factories, shipyards, oil refineries, stadiums and homes throughout Prattville, AL .
There is 2,500-3,000 Malignant Mesothelioma cancer cases diagnosed each year in the U. S.
If You Worked in Prattville, AL : Asbestos Exposure
People that worked in Prattville, AL around toxic asbestos containing products that exposed them to toxic asbestos dust and fibers are at a higher risk of developing an asbestos related cancer in their lifetime. More than 20 million American workers have been exposed to asbestos with the heaviest usage in the U. S. during 1930-1980.
Prattville, AL List of Asbestos Exposure Companies
If you worked for any of these Prattville, AL companies listed below know that malignant Mesothelioma symptoms may not show up for 10-50 years after the initial exposure. If you are experiencing Mesothelioma symptoms call today for a free case consultation from an experienced Mesothelioma lawyer.
- International Paper Co.
- Prattville Paper Mill
- Union Bag Camp Paper Corp.
- Union Camp Corp.
- Union Camp Paper Mill
- Union Camp Plywood Plant
If you or a family member has been diagnosed with Mesothelioma or an Asbestos-related disease, we are here to help you file a claim.
Alabama workers diagnosed with Mesothelioma have complained that they were not given any warning, training or respiratory protective gear when handling, installing, loading, repairing, or removing asbestos-containing products.
Alabama Mesothelioma Statue of Limitations
The State of Alabama allows a certain amount of time called a Statute of Limitations for you to file your Mesothelioma lawsuit. The clock starts on the day a person is diagnosed Mesothelioma or dies from Mesothelioma cancer.
Alabama Statute of Limitations and Legal Requirements:
- Documented exposure to asbestos and/or asbestos-containing products or materials.
- Diagnosed with an asbestos-related disease from a doctor.
- Case must be filed within 2 years from diagnosis.
- Case must be filed 2 years from death.
There are strict deadlines for filing asbestos claims or lawsuits in Alabama after becoming aware that you have been diagnosed with an asbestos-related disease or after a loved one dies from an asbestos related disease.
Asbestos Cover up
Evidence in thousands of court documents have shown that asbestos companies hid and destroyed memos, documents and ignored doctor’s medical reports about the dangers of asbestos exposure. Despite all of the information about the deadly dangers of asbestos exposure available in the scientific and medical literature asbestos companies chose not take any action to protect workers.
They chose profit over the safety of their workers and then lied and covered it up. This is why U. S. Courts are making asbestos manufacturers and companies pay millions to asbestos victims for their asbestos cover up.
Asbestos Cover up – Quotes from Asbestos Executives
- “…if you have enjoyed a good life while working with asbestos products, why not die from it.” 1966 memo from an executive of the Bendix Corporation (now part of Honeywell)
- In early 1940s, the president of Johns-Manville called the managers of another company “a bunch of fools for notifying employees who had asbestosis.” When asked by another company executive, “Do you mean to tell me you would let them work until they drop dead?” he responded, “Yes. We save a lot of money that way.”
Mesothelioma has been medically linked to workplace asbestos exposure.
Asbestos Containing Products used in Prattville, AL
There is no charge for your initial phone consultation.
Median Survival Rate for Mesothelioma Patients by Stage
- Stage 1 – 21 months
- Stage 2 – 19 months
- Stage 3 – 16 months
- Stage 4 – under 12 months
Recent Mesothelioma Verdicts
- $4.6 Million Mesothelioma Settlement: For a union insulator that developed malignant Mesothelioma from asbestos exposure.
- $10.2 Million Mesothelioma Verdict: For a Paper Mill worker suffering from pleural Mesothelioma.
- $1.1 Million Veteran Mesothelioma Settlement: For a Navy veteran machinist that developed malignant mesothelioma at age 71.
- $245,000 Asbestosis Settlement: For a Paper mill worker suffering from Asbestosis.
- $2.6 Million Shipyard Worker Mesothelioma Settlement: For the family of a 72-year old shipyard worker with mesothelioma who suffered second hand exposure.
- $5 Million Navy Veteran Mesothelioma Verdict: For a Navy Boilerman who developed Mesothelioma during his service.
- $7.5 Million Mesothelioma Verdict: For a woman that developed peritoneal mesothelioma from laundering her husband’s work clothes.
Malignant Mesothelioma has been linked to workplace asbestos exposure. TO GET HELP – Our Nationwide Toll Free Mesothelioma Helpline Number is 888.640.0914
Diagnosed With Mesothelioma?
If you or a family member has been diagnosed with malignant Mesothelioma you are going to have a lot of questions about living with Mesothelioma and what legal options you have against asbestos manufacturers and asbestos companies for your asbestos exposure. Mesothelioma is a seriously deadly disease.
According to the American Cancer Society with the average survival time for people with Mesothelioma is 4-18 months.
Call TOLL FREE 888.640.0914 right now to talk with a live Mesothelioma Counselor that can answer many of your questions and give you the peace of mind that you need.
Family Member Died From Mesothelioma?
If you have a family member that has died from Mesothelioma cancer you should immediately consult with an experienced Mesothelioma diagnosis lawyer about what compensation may be available to you from asbestos trust funds that total more than 30 billion dollars.
It is VERY IMPORTANT that you file your Mesothelioma claim within your states Statute of Limitations.
We have seen many families lose their right to file a lawsuit because their Statute of Limitations had expired while they were grieving. We know it is a tough time to grieve the loss of a loved one, but please do not let your Statute of Limitations expire for filing your Mesothelioma lawsuit. In most states the Statute of Limitations is 2-3 years. Some states have 6 year Statute of Limitations.
Need an Experienced Alabama Mesothelioma Lawyer?
If you or a family member has been diagnosed with Mesothelioma or an asbestos related disease, we can help you start a Mesothelioma lawsuit against asbestos companies responsible for your injuries. Our experienced nationwide Mesothelioma lawyers will come to you.
TO GET HELP – Our Nationwide Toll Free Mesothelioma Helpline Number is 888.640.0914 24 Hour Live Chat Available (see chat button on right side of page). We can usually tell within a few minutes whether we can help you, and if we can’t, maybe direct you to someone who can. We are always accessible by phone, email and online chat. We are always available to answer your questions with a phone call and will always keep you informed. We will do everything we can to ensure that you receive the highest compensation for your injuries. If you have a legal question about a Mesothelioma lawsuit, you don’t have to come into our office. Call us, and you’ll speak directly to a lawyer, and if a lawyer is not available, your call will be returned as quickly as possible.
24 Hour Call Back Guarantee! Fill out our free Mesothelioma case evaluation form and an experienced mesothelioma lawyer will call you to immediately start processing your claim at no cost to you.