MESOTHELIOMA STATUTE OF LIMITATIONS: Massachusetts
The State of Massachusetts allows a certain amount of time called Statute of Limitations for you to file your Mesothelioma lawsuit.
The clock starts on the day a person is diagnosed Mesothelioma or dies from Mesothelioma cancer.
It is VERY IMPORTANT that you file your Mesothelioma claim within your states Statute of Limitations.
Asbestos exposure is responsible for approximately 12,000-15,000 deaths each year in the United States.
Massachusetts Statute of Limitations and Requirements
- Documented exposure to asbestos and/or asbestos-containing products or materials.
- Diagnosed with an asbestos-related disease from a doctor.
- Case must be filed within 3 years from diagnosis.
- Case must be filed 3 years from death.
Evidence Required to File an Asbestos Trust Fund Claim
Diagnosis: Medical Documentation, Pathology Report, showing claimant diagnosed with an asbestos-related disease.
Physician Statement: Statement from a qualified doctor regarding the diagnosis.
Exposure Evidence: Witness affidavits, employment records, company invoices linking a company product or facility to asbestos exposure.
The Statute of Limitations varies from state to state and can be more complex when there are multiple state asbestos exposures.
There are strict deadlines for filing asbestos claims or lawsuits in Massachusetts after becoming aware that you have been diagnosed with an asbestos-related disease or after a loved one dies from an asbestos related disease.
Your rights can vary depending on many factors such as Victim’s residence, where they were exposed to asbestos, and the location of the responsible asbestos manufacturers or distributors.
An experienced Mesothelioma lawyer who specializes in asbestos law can protect your right to file a Mesothelioma lawsuit against negligent asbestos companies.
Alert: We have seen many families lose their right to file a lawsuit because their Statute of Limitations had expired while they were grieving. We know it is a tough time to grieve the loss of a loved one, but please do not let your Statute of Limitations expire for filing your Mesothelioma lawsuit. Get help today.
Malignant Mesothelioma has been linked to workplace asbestos exposure.
Massachusetts Mesothelioma and Asbestos Statistics
- Massachusetts ranks 11th in the U. S. for deaths from malignant Mesothelioma.
- The mortality rate from Mesothelioma in Massachusetts is 15.4 per million.
- 973 Massachusetts residents died from malignant Mesothelioma.
- 1,715 asbestos-related deaths were reported in Massachusetts since 1979.
- Middlesex County, MA has more than 411 asbestos-related deaths and more than 240 Mesothelioma Deaths.
*Statistics on Mesothelioma and asbestos related deaths were compiled from CDC (Center for Disease Control’s National Center for Health Statistics), and NIOSH (National Institute for Occupational Safety and Health) and other cancer reporting sources.
Massachusetts Resident Asbestos Exposure
Massachusetts residents that worked with and lived around toxic asbestos products that exposed them to toxic asbestos dust and fibers are at a higher risk of developing Mesothelioma and asbestos related cancer in their lifetime. Mesothelioma and other asbestos-related cancers can lay dormant in people for 10-50 years.
Asbestos exposure is responsible for 12,000-15,000 deaths each year in the United States. Many asbestos-containing products were used during construction between 1930-1980 in federal buildings, city buildings, libraries, museums, courthouses, industrial buildings, machine shops, manufacturing plants, factories, shipyards, oil refineries, stadiums and homes throughout Massachusetts.
There is 2,500-3,000 Malignant Mesothelioma cancer cases diagnosed each year in the U. S.
Massachusetts Workplace Asbestos Exposure
People that worked in Massachusetts around toxic asbestos containing products that exposed them to toxic asbestos dust and fibers are at a higher risk of developing an asbestos related cancer in their lifetime. More than 20 million American workers have been exposed to asbestos with the heaviest usage in the U. S. during 1930-1980.
Massachusetts workers diagnosed with Mesothelioma have complained that they were not given any warning, training or respiratory protective gear when handling, installing, loading, repairing, or removing asbestos-containing products.
Massachusetts Counties with Mesothelioma and Asbestos Deaths
|Barnstable County, MA – 330 Asbestos Related Deaths (1999-2013)|
|Berkshire County, MA – 147 Asbestos Related Deaths (1999-2013)|
|Bristol County, MA – 435 Asbestos Related Deaths (1999-2013)|
|Dukes County, MA – 15 Asbestos Related Deaths (1999-2013)|
|Essex County, MA – 674 Asbestos Related Deaths (1999-2013)|
|Franklin County, MA – 59 Asbestos Related Deaths (1999-2013)|
|Hampden County, MA – 410 Asbestos Related Deaths (1999-2013)|
|Hampshire County, MA – 135 Asbestos Related Deaths (1999-2013)|
|Middlesex County, MA – 1,499 Asbestos Related Deaths (1999-2013)|
|Nantucket County, MA – 10 Asbestos Related Deaths (1999-2013)|
|Norfolk County, MA – 991 Asbestos Related Deaths (1999-2013)|
|Plymouth County, MA – 695 Asbestos Related Deaths (1999-2013)|
|Suffolk County, MA – 473 Asbestos Related Deaths (1999-2013)|
|Worcester County, MA – 515 Asbestos Related Deaths (1999-2013)|
|Source: EWG Working Group 2015 Study|
Asbestos Cover up – Quotes from Asbestos Executives
Evidence in thousands of court documents have shown that asbestos companies hid and destroyed memos, documents and ignored doctor’s medical reports about the dangers of asbestos exposure. Despite all of the information about the deadly dangers of asbestos exposure available in the scientific and medical literature asbestos companies chose not take any action to protect workers.
They chose profit over the safety of their workers and then lied and covered it up. This is why U. S. Courts are making asbestos manufacturers and companies pay millions to asbestos victims for their asbestos cover up.
- “…if you have enjoyed a good life while working with asbestos products, why not die from it.” 1966 memo from an executive of the Bendix Corporation (now part of Honeywell)
- In early 1940s, the president of Johns-Manville called the managers of another company “a bunch of fools for notifying employees who had asbestosis.” When asked by another company executive, “Do you mean to tell me you would let them work until they drop dead?” he responded, “Yes. We save a lot of money that way.”
Mesothelioma has been medically linked to workplace asbestos exposure.
Mesothelioma Facts and Statistics
- More than 20 million American workers have been exposed to asbestos.
- Mesothelioma cases are found in 9 out of every 1 million people.
- 3,000 new cases of Mesothelioma are diagnosed each year in the U. S.
- Each year in U. S 10,000 Americans will die from an asbestos related disease.
- 30% of U. S. Veterans will develop an asbestos-related disease in their life time.
- 1 in 125 U. S. males who live over the age of 50 will die from an asbestos-related disease.
- Experts believe 60,000 Malignant Mesothelioma deaths will occur between 2010 and 2030.
Massachusetts Veterans and Asbestos Exposure
Military Veterans that have a 1 in 3 chance of developing an asbestos related disease in their lifetime. Veterans have the right to bring lawsuits against negligent asbestos companies for exposing them to toxic asbestos-containing products and materials.
There are 21.5 million current living Veterans according to the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs. Veterans who served between 1940 and 1970 have the greatest risk of developing Mesothelioma or an asbestos-related cancer. Navy Veterans who served during World War II and the Korean War have the highest incidence of Asbestos-related diseases.
The U.S. Military used thousands of asbestos-containing products in their ships between the 1920-late 1970’s. 14 in every 1,000 WW II shipyard workers died of an asbestos-related disease compared to 18 in every 1,000 combat related deaths.
- Mesothelioma primarily occurs in Veterans between the ages of 55-75.
- Asbestos was listed as the top contaminant at 32 U.S. Army base closures during the 1990s.
- A recent study showed that as many as 30-40% of Mesothelioma victims is U. S. Veterans.
Recent Mesothelioma Verdicts and Settlements
A Mesothelioma claim is a lawsuit filed on behalf of a victim or surviving family members as a result of hazardous exposure to asbestos.
- $3.6 Million Mesothelioma Verdict: For a Massachusetts Factory Worker that developed Mesothelioma cancer with Job site asbestos exposure.
- $2 Million Mesothelioma Verdict: For a Massachusetts Air Force Electrician diagnosed with mesothelioma cancer.
- $2.3 Million Settlement: For a Massachusetts Welding Contractor that developed Mesothelioma from asbestos job site exposure.
- $1.7 Million Settlement: For a Massachusetts Insulation Worker Diagnosed with Mesothelioma from asbestos exposure in workplace.
- $3.9 Million Settlement: For an Engineer diagnosed with mesothelioma exposed to asbestos on Construction jobsites.
- $1.1 Million Veteran Mesothelioma Settlement: For a Navy Veteran Machinist that developed malignant Mesothelioma at age 71.
- $2.5 Million Mesothelioma Settlement: For a Union Pipefitter man who died from malignant Mesothelioma.
- $1.8 Million Mesothelioma Settlement: For a carpenter that developed malignant Mesothelioma at age 68.
- $7.5 Million Mesothelioma Verdict: For a woman that developed peritoneal Mesothelioma from laundering her husband’s work clothes.
- $2.6 Million Shipyard Worker Mesothelioma Settlement: For the family of a 72-year old Shipyard worker with Mesothelioma who suffered second hand exposure.
Mesothelioma Cancer Has Been Linked to Workplace Asbestos Exposure in Massachusetts.
Malignant Mesothelioma is rare form of cancer that affects lining of the lungs, abdomen, heart, and major organs in the body. Mesothelioma is a disease in which malignant cancer cells are found in the sac lining the chest (pleura) or the abdomen (peritoneum). There are about 3,000 new malignant Mesothelioma cases diagnosed each year in the U. S. If you are experiencing any Mesothelioma symptoms you should contact a doctor immediately.
Diagnosed With Mesothelioma?
If you or a family member has been diagnosed with malignant Mesothelioma you are going to have a lot of questions about living with Mesothelioma and what legal options you have against asbestos manufacturers and asbestos companies for your asbestos exposure. Mesothelioma is a seriously deadly disease. According to the American Cancer Society with the average survival time for people with Mesothelioma is 4-18 months.
Call TOLL FREE 888.640.0914 right now to talk with a live Mesothelioma Counselor that can answer many of your questions and give you the peace of mind that you need.
Family Member Died From Mesothelioma?
If you have a family member that has died from Mesothelioma cancer you should immediately consult with an experienced Mesothelioma diagnosis lawyer about what compensation may be available to you from asbestos trust funds that total more than 30 billion dollars.
Mesothelioma Damages in Massachusetts
It is VERY IMPORTANT that you file your Mesothelioma claim within your states Statute of Limitations.
We have seen many families lose their right to file a lawsuit because their Statute of Limitations had expired while they were grieving. We know it is a tough time to grieve the loss of a loved one, but please do not let your Statute of Limitations expire for filing your Mesothelioma lawsuit. In most states the Statute of Limitations is 2-3 years. Some states have 6 year Statute of Limitations.
Mesothelioma Latency Period
Mesothelioma has a long latency period of 10-50 years. Many Veterans, Shipyard Workers, Construction Workers, Power Plant Workers, Mill Workers, Steel Workers, Railroad Workers, Pipefitters, Insulators, Electricians, Carpenters, Welders, Auto Mechanics, Veterans, Factory Workers, and laborers are living in the early stages of a variety of asbestos related diseases. Many Mesothelioma lawyers will not accept asbestosis, asbestos lung cancer, pleural plaques, pleural thickening, colon cancer and esophageal cancer cases.
There is More Than 30 Billion Dollars Set Aside for Mesothelioma and Asbestos Victims in Asbestos Bankruptcy Trusts
Need a Mesothelioma Lawyer in Massachusetts?
If you or a family member has been diagnosed with Mesothelioma or an asbestos related disease, we can help you start a Mesothelioma lawsuit against asbestos companies responsible for your injuries. Our experienced nationwide Mesothelioma lawyers will come to you.
Call our Mesothelioma Toll Free Helpline at 888.640.0914 and get help today!
24 Hour Live Chat Available >>> See Chat button on right side of page.
We can usually tell within a few minutes whether we can help you, and if we can’t, maybe direct you to someone who can. We are always accessible by phone, email and online chat.
We are always available to answer your questions with a phone call and will always keep you informed. We will do everything we can to ensure that you receive the highest compensation for your injuries.
If you have a legal question about a Mesothelioma lawsuit, you don’t have to come into our office. Call us, and you’ll speak directly to a lawyer, and if a lawyer is not available, your call will be returned as quickly as possible.
24 Hour Call Back Guarantee!
Fill out our free Mesothelioma case evaluation form and an experienced mesothelioma lawyer will call you to immediately start processing your claim at no cost to you.