Mesothelioma Lawyer, Ross County, OH
Need Help with an Asbestos Exposure Matter in Ross County, OH?
You ve come to the right place. It can take 10-50 years after initial asbestos exposure before symptoms of Mesothelioma may appear.
If you have been exposed to asbestos-containing products or worked in an industry in Maryland that exposed people to deadly asbestos fibers our Mesothelioma lawyers can help you seek financial compensation for medical expenses resulting from asbestos exposure or a Mesothelioma cancer diagnosis.
We connect you with experienced Mesothelioma law firms that serve the Ross County, OH area.
Residents and workers in Ross County, OH were exposed to toxic asbestos dust and fibers with highest exposure years being between, 1930-1980. Mesothelioma and asbestos-related cancers are typically diagnosed 10-50 years after initial exposure.
Residential Asbestos Exposure in Maryland County Homes
Residents and workers in Ross County, OH were exposed to toxic asbestos dust and fibers with highest exposure years being between, 1930-1980.
Asbestos exposure in Maryland communities and residential homes is found in over 3,000 asbestos-containing products including; adhesives, caulking, cements, drywall, flooring, glues, insulation, plasters, tiles, roofing tiles, plumbing, shingles, and heating products. Almost 80 percent of houses built in the U. S. before 1980 contained asbestos products. Maryland resident are exposed to toxic asbestos fibers during renovations of old homes, schools, hospital and county buildings.
|City Buildings||Jails||Shopping Centers|
|County Buildings||Manufacturing Plants||State Buildings|
|Fire Stations||Park Buildings||Towers|
Asbestos Exposure in Maryland County Schools
Older county school buildings were built with hundreds of asbestos-containing products and materials pre-1980. Students, teachers, administrators and school employees were exposed to asbestos on a daily basis during remodeling and construction of Maryland county schools.
|Catholic Schools||High Schools||Private Schools|
|City School||Middle Schools||Public Schools|
|Colleges||Military Schools||School District Buildings|
|Dental Schools||Trade Schools||State Schools|
|Elementary Schools||Prep Schools||Universities|
|Grammar School||Preschool||Vocational Schools|
Mesothelioma Cancer Maryland
Over 27 million Americans are at risk for developing Mesothelioma from asbestos exposure and the state Maryland ranks 31st in the U. S. for Mesothelioma and asbestos related deaths. Maryland law allows people that develop asbestos diseases or Mesothelioma even from exposure in the remote past, to sue and receive compensation from the responsible asbestos companies.
Recent Mesothelioma Verdicts and Settlements
- $15.3 Million Mesothelioma Verdict: For a Baltimore, Maryland Shipyard Worker that developed Mesothelioma.
- $6 Million Mesothelioma Verdict: For a Maryland Navy veterans iron Worker for Mesothelioma Diagnosis.
- $4.1 Million Settlement: For a Coast Guard Shipyard Worker that developed Mesothelioma from asbestos exposure.
- $3.8 Million Mesothelioma Settlement: awarded to a Maryland Shipyard Merchant Marine diagnosed with Mesothelioma.
- $2.4 Million Settlement: For a Plumbing Maintenance Worker diagnosed with Pleural Mesothelioma from asbestos exposure in workplace.
- $1.4 Million Settlement: For a Maryland Ferry Workers exposed to asbestos on job sites.
- $1.1 Million Veteran Mesothelioma Settlement: For a Navy Veteran Machinist that developed malignant Mesothelioma at age 71.
- $2.5 Million Mesothelioma Settlement: For a Union Pipefitter man who died from malignant Mesothelioma.
- $1.8 Million Mesothelioma Settlement: For a carpenter that developed malignant Mesothelioma at age 68.
- $7.5 Million Mesothelioma Verdict: For a woman that developed peritoneal Mesothelioma from laundering her husband’s work clothes.
- $2.6 Million Shipyard Worker Mesothelioma Settlement: For the family of a 72-year old Shipyard worker with Mesothelioma who suffered second hand exposure.
Maryland Mesothelioma Statistics (Asbestos-Related Deaths)
- Maryland ranks 16th in the U. S. for deaths from malignant Mesothelioma.
- The mortality rate from Mesothelioma in Maryland is 12.52 per million.
- 747 Maryland residents died from malignant Mesothelioma.
- 1,378 asbestos-related deaths were reported in Maryland since 1979.
- Baltimore County, MD has more than 378 asbestos-related deaths and more than 186 Mesothelioma Deaths.
*Statistics on Mesothelioma and asbestos related deaths were compiled from CDC (Center for Disease Control s National Center for Health Statistics), and NIOSH (National Institute for Occupational Safety and Health) and other cancer reporting
There were 4,298 asbestos related deaths in Maryland (745 Mesothelioma) from 1999-2013 – EWG Action Fund 2015 Study.
Maryland Plants and Factories (Ross County, OH)
Maryland plants and factories used large amounts of asbestos because it is a good conductor of electricity and resists heat and fire. Asbestos products were used widely in Maryland because of their fire-resistant and insulating Materials.
Asbestos-Containing Products Were Commonly Used in Maryland;
- Auto Plants
- Brewing Plants
- Chemical Plants
- Construction Sites
- Energy Plants
- Government Buildings
- Industrial Sites
- Manufacturing Plants
- Mining Operations
- Oil Refineries
- Paper Plants
- Petrochemical Plants
- Power Plants
- Pulp Mills
- Maryland Military Bases
- Power Plants
- State Facilities
- Steel Plants
Maryland workers and laborers that were exposed to asbestos are at higher risk than the general population for being diagnosed with Mesothelioma or an asbestos-related disease in their lifetime.
Maryland Legal Rights and Remedies for Mesothelioma Victims
Mesothelioma victims can obtain substantial money compensation for their cancer under Maryland law. There are multiple ways in which mesothelioma victims can collect money damages, including:
Civil Lawsuit: Can be filed against asbestos product manufacturers, distributers and suppliers. This is known as a products liability action. A civil lawsuit can also be filed for not preventing workers from the hazards of asbestos.
Maryland Mesothelioma Statute of Limitations (Ross County, OH)
In Maryland, the Statute of Limitations for Mesothelioma and Asbestos Claims are;
- 3 years from date of diagnosis
- 3 years from the time a loved one passes away to file for wrongful death claims.
Maryland Statute of Limitations on Mesothelioma and Asbestos Lawsuits
Maryland Code Ann. § 5-101 et seq.
Asbestos Laws in Maryland (Ross County, OH)
The Maryland Department of the Environment is in charge of handling and removing asbestos and follows the guidelines of the EPA.
Maryland Asbestos Exposure Hot Spots
More than 69,000 tons of asbestos shipments were received in the state of Maryland. High asbestos exposure was in in Baltimore County, Anne Arundel County, Montgomery County, and Prince George’s County.
Asbestos-containing products and materials were used throughout Maryland included; asbestos ceiling & floor tiles, asbestos mixed in paints, asbestos mixed in cement, asbestos used in boilers, asbestos used electrical wiring, roofing materials, plumbing pipes & gaskets, attic insulation, heating and air-conditioning products, car and truck brakes, welding equipment, fire retardant clothing & gloves, drywall, fiberboard, wallboard, asbestos tape, vinyl flooring, fireproofing materials, fireplaces, ovens, etc.
|Maryland Asbestos Job Sites|
|Maryland Asbestos Exposure Products|
|Maryland Workers Mesothelioma Lawyer|
|Maryland Mesothelioma Statute of Limitations|
|Maryland Veterans Mesothelioma Claims|
Asbestos Cover up – Quotes from Asbestos Executives
Evidence in thousands of court documents have shown that asbestos companies hid and destroyed memos, documents and ignored doctor’s medical reports about the dangers of asbestos exposure. Despite all of the information about the deadly dangers of asbestos exposure available in the scientific and medical literature asbestos companies chose not take any action to protect workers.
They chose profit over the safety of their workers and then lied and covered it up. This is why U. S. Courts are making asbestos manufacturers and companies pay millions to asbestos victims for their asbestos cover up.
- In early 1940s, the president of Johns-Manville called the managers of another company “a bunch of fools for notifying employees who had asbestosis.” When asked by another company executive, “Do you mean to tell me you would let them work until they drop dead?” he responded, “Yes. We save a lot of money that way.”
Mesothelioma has been medically linked to workplace asbestos exposure.
Mesothelioma Facts and Statistics
- More than 20 million American workers have been exposed to asbestos.
- Mesothelioma cases are found in 9 out of every 1 million people.
- 3,000 new cases of Mesothelioma are diagnosed each year in the U. S.
- Each year in U. S 10,000 Americans will die from an asbestos related disease.
- 1 in 125 U. S. males who live over the age of 50 will die from an asbestos-related disease.
- Experts believe 60,000 Malignant Mesothelioma deaths will occur between 2010 and 2030.
Maryland Veterans and Asbestos Exposure
- Mesothelioma primarily occurs in Veterans between the ages of 55-75.
- 30% of U. S. Veterans will develop an asbestos-related disease in their life time.
- Asbestos was listed as the top contaminant at 32 U.S. Army base closures during the 1990s.
- A recent study showed that as many as 30-40% of Mesothelioma victims is U. S. Veterans.
Maryland Workers and Residents Have the Right to Sue Manufacturers that exposed them to Asbestos in Ross County, OH
Maryland City Workers Asbestos Exposure
Asbestos Exposure Maryland Workers – Job Duties
We Connect You with Mesothelioma Lawyers in all Maryland Cities
We Connect You with Personal Mesothelioma Claims Lawyers in all 50 States
Malignant Mesothelioma Cancer
Diagnosed With Mesothelioma?
Family Member Died From Mesothelioma?
If you have a family member that has died from Mesothelioma cancer in Maryland you should immediately consult with an experienced Mesothelioma diagnosis lawyer about what compensation may be available to you from asbestos trust funds that total more than 30 billion dollars.
Experienced Asbestos Settlement Lawyers
Mesothelioma Damages Maryland
Mesothelioma Latency Period
Need a Mesothelioma Lawyer in Maryland?
Call our Mesothelioma Toll Free Helpline at 888.640.0914 and get help today!
24 Hour Live Chat Available >>> See Chat button on right side of page.
If you have a legal question about a Mesothelioma lawsuit, you don t have to come into our office. Call us, and you will speak directly to a lawyer, and if a lawyer is not available, your call will be returned as quickly as possible. Call today and get help with Ross County, OH Mesothelioma Claims and Lawsuits.
Mesothelioma Settlement Attorneys
Mesothelioma Settlement Attorneys