Mesothelioma Lawyer, Sidney, NE
Need Help with an Asbestos Exposure Matter in Sidney, NE?
If you have been exposed to asbestos-containing products or worked in an industry in Nebraska that exposed people to deadly asbestos fibers our Mesothelioma lawyers can help you seek financial compensation for medical expenses resulting from asbestos exposure or a Mesothelioma cancer diagnosis.
We connect you with experienced Mesothelioma law firms that serve the Sidney, NE area.
Residents and workers in Sidney, NE were exposed to toxic asbestos dust and fibers with highest exposure years being between, 1930-1980. Mesothelioma and asbestos-related cancers are typically diagnosed 10-50 years after initial exposure.
Residential Asbestos Exposure in Nebraska County Homes
Residents and workers in Sidney, NE were exposed to toxic asbestos dust and fibers with highest exposure years being between, 1930-1980.
Asbestos exposure in Nebraska communities and residential homes is found in over 3,000 asbestos-containing products including; adhesives, caulking, cements, drywall, flooring, glues, insulation, plasters, tiles, roofing tiles, plumbing, shingles, and heating products. Almost 80 percent of houses built in the U. S. before 1980 contained asbestos products. Nebraska resident are exposed to toxic asbestos fibers during renovations of old homes, schools, hospital and county buildings.
|City Buildings||Jails||Shopping Centers|
|County Buildings||Manufacturing Plants||State Buildings|
|Fire Stations||Park Buildings||Towers|
Asbestos Exposure in Nebraska County Schools
Older county school buildings were built with hundreds of asbestos-containing products and materials pre-1980. Students, teachers, administrators and school employees were exposed to asbestos on a daily basis during remodeling and construction of Nebraska county schools.
|Catholic Schools||High Schools||Private Schools|
|City School||Middle Schools||Public Schools|
|Colleges||Military Schools||School District Buildings|
|Dental Schools||Trade Schools||State Schools|
|Elementary Schools||Prep Schools||Universities|
|Grammar School||Preschool||Vocational Schools|
Mesothelioma Cancer Nebraska
Over 27 million Americans are at risk for developing Mesothelioma from asbestos exposure and the state Nebraska ranks 31st in the U. S. for Mesothelioma and asbestos related deaths. Nebraska law allows people that develop asbestos diseases or Mesothelioma even from exposure in the remote past, to sue and receive compensation from the responsible asbestos companies.
Nebraska Mesothelioma Statistics (Asbestos-Related Deaths)
- The mortality rate from Mesothelioma in Nebraska is 11.5 per million.
- 210 Nebraska residents died from malignant Mesothelioma.
- 275 asbestos-related deaths were reported in Nebraska since 1979.
- Douglas County, NE has more than 113 asbestos-related deaths and more than 69 Mesothelioma Deaths.
*Statistics on Mesothelioma and asbestos related deaths were compiled from CDC (Center for Disease Control’s National Center for Health Statistics), and NIOSH (National Institute for Occupational Safety and Health) and other cancer reporting sources.
There were 1,312 asbestos related deaths in Nebraska (247 Mesothelioma) from 1999-2013 – EWG Action Fund 2015 Study.
Recent Mesothelioma Verdicts and Settlements
- $2.4 Million Mesothelioma Trial Verdict: For a Nebraska Trucking Driver diagnosed with Mesothelioma cancer.
- $1.7 Million Mesothelioma Settlement: For a Nebraska Naval Electrician for a Mesothelioma cancer diagnosis.
- $1.4 Million Mesothelioma Settlement: For a Nebraska Masonry Worker that developed malignant Mesothelioma.
- $1.1 Million Mesothelioma Verdict: For a Nebraska Construction Site Worker with a Mesothelioma cancer diagnosis.
- $1.75 Million Mesothelioma Settlement: For a Boilermaker that worked at a Pulp and paper Mill who died from Mesothelioma.
- $1.6 Million Mesothelioma Settlement: For a Puget Sound Navy Shipyard Worker that developed malignant Mesothelioma cancer.
- $1.6 Million Mesothelioma Verdict: For a Mechanic that worked around valves, boilers, and pumps developed Mesothelioma.
- $1.5 Million Mesothelioma Settlement: For an Aircraft Worker diagnosed with Mesothelioma working around insulators, tapers and drywallers.
- $2.1 Million Settlement: For a Navy Veteran and Insulation Installer suffering with malignant Mesothelioma Cancer.
Mesothelioma Cancer Has Been Linked to Workplace Asbestos Exposure in Nebraska
Nebraska Legal Rights and Remedies for Mesothelioma Victims
Mesothelioma victims can obtain substantial money compensation for their cancer under Nebraska law. There are multiple ways in which mesothelioma victims can collect money damages, including:
Civil Lawsuit: Can be filed against asbestos product manufacturers, distributors and suppliers. This is known as a products liability action. A civil lawsuit can also be filed for not preventing workers from the hazards of asbestos.
Workers Compensation: Mesothelioma victims have the right to file worker’s compensation claims under state law or under the Federal Worker’s Compensation Act.
Nebraska Mesothelioma Statute of Limitations (Sidney, NE)
In Nebraska, the Statute of Limitations for Mesothelioma and Asbestos Claims are;
- 4 years from date of diagnosis
- 2 years from the time a loved one passes away to file for wrongful death claims.
- N.H. Rev. Stat. Ann. § 508:1 et seq.
Asbestos Laws in Nebraska (Sidney, NE)
Nebraska Department of Health and Human Services (DHHS) is the governing body regarding asbestos removal and disposal.
Nebraska Asbestos Exposure Hot Spots
More than 131,000 tons of asbestos shipments were received in the state of Nebraska. High asbestos exposure was in Douglas County, Lancaster County, Sarpy County, Lincoln County and Cass County.
|Nebraska Asbestos Exposure Job Sites|
|Nebraska Asbestos Exposure Products|
|Nebraska Workers Mesothelioma Lawyer|
|Nebraska Mesothelioma Statute of Limitations|
|Nebraska Veterans Mesothelioma Lawyer|
Asbestos-containing products and materials were used throughout Nebraska included; asbestos ceiling & floor tiles, asbestos mixed in paints, asbestos mixed in cement, asbestos used in boilers, asbestos used electrical wiring, roofing materials, plumbing pipes & gaskets, attic insulation, heating and air-conditioning products, car and truck brakes, welding equipment, fire retardant clothing & gloves, drywall, fiberboard, wallboard, asbestos tape, vinyl flooring, fireproofing materials, fireplaces, ovens, etc.
Asbestos Cover up – Quotes from Asbestos Executives
Evidence in thousands of court documents have shown that asbestos companies hid and destroyed memos, documents and ignored doctor’s medical reports about the dangers of asbestos exposure. Despite all of the information about the deadly dangers of asbestos exposure available in the scientific and medical literature asbestos companies chose not take any action to protect workers.
They chose profit over the safety of their workers and then lied and covered it up. This is why U. S. Courts are making asbestos manufacturers and companies pay millions to asbestos victims for their asbestos cover up.
- In early 1940s, the president of Johns-Manville called the managers of another company “a bunch of fools for notifying employees who had asbestosis.” When asked by another company executive, “Do you mean to tell me you would let them work until they drop dead?” he responded, “Yes. We save a lot of money that way.”
Mesothelioma has been medically linked to workplace asbestos exposure.
Mesothelioma Facts and Statistics
- More than 20 million American workers have been exposed to asbestos.
- Mesothelioma cases are found in 9 out of every 1 million people.
- 3,000 new cases of Mesothelioma are diagnosed each year in the U. S.
- Each year in U. S 15,000 Americans will die from an asbestos related disease.
- 1 in 125 U. S. males who live over the age of 50 will die from an asbestos-related disease.
- Experts believe 60,000 Malignant Mesothelioma deaths will occur between 2010 and 2030.
Nebraska Veterans and Asbestos Exposure
- Mesothelioma primarily occurs in Veterans between the ages of 55-75.
- 30% of U. S. Veterans will develop an asbestos-related disease in their life time.
- Asbestos was listed as the top contaminant at 32 U.S. Army base closures during the 1990s.
- A recent study showed that as many as 30-40% of Mesothelioma victims is U. S. Veterans.
Nebraska Workers and Residents Have the Right to Sue Manufacturers that exposed them to Asbestos in Sidney, NE
Nebraska City Workers Asbestos Exposure
Asbestos Exposure Nebraska Workers – Job Duties
Nebraska Workers and Residents Have the Right to Sue Manufacturers that exposed them to Asbestos.
We Connect You with Personal Mesothelioma Claims Lawyers in all Nebraska Cities
We Connect You with Personal Mesothelioma Claims Lawyers in all 50 States
Malignant Mesothelioma Cancer
Diagnosed With Mesothelioma?
Family Member Died From Mesothelioma?
If you have a family member that has died from Mesothelioma cancer in Nebraska you should immediately consult with an experienced Mesothelioma diagnosis lawyer about what compensation may be available to you from asbestos trust funds that total more than 30 billion dollars.
Experienced Asbestos Settlement Lawyers
Mesothelioma Damages Nebraska
Mesothelioma Latency Period
Need a Mesothelioma Lawyer in Nebraska?
Call our Mesothelioma Toll Free Helpline at 888.640.0914 and get help today!
24 Hour Live Chat Available >>> See Chat button on right side of page.
If you have a legal question about a Mesothelioma lawsuit, you don t have to come into our office. Call us, and you will speak directly to a lawyer, and if a lawyer is not available, your call will be returned as quickly as possible. Call today and get help with Sidney, NE Mesothelioma Claims and Lawsuits.
Mesothelioma Settlement Attorneys