Abdominal Mesothelioma Cancer
Mesothelioma Medical Terms:
Abdominal Mesothelioma is also known as Peritoneal Mesothelioma. Abdominal Mesothelioma is a rare asbestos cancer that develops in the lower part of the mesothelium located in the abdominal cavity of the chest. Abdominal Mesothelioma is classified as either “dry’ or “wet”.” Wet Abdominal mesothelioma produces an abundance of nodules in the abdominal area and has ascites present. Dry Abdominal mesothelioma produces masses of cancerous cells, yet no ascites.
Abdominal Mesothelioma Cancer
- There about 400-500 cases of Abdominal Mesothelioma diagnosed each year in the U. S. and it has a very high mortality rate.
- 80% of all Abdominal Mesothelioma cases are in men ages 50-70.
- 20% of all abdominal Mesothelioma cases are diagnosed in women.
- Diagnosing Abdominal Mesothelioma can be a process of elimination.
- Abdominal Mesothelioma develops in the abdomen and is also called peritoneal Mesothelioma.
- Abdominal Mesothelioma originates in the lower part of the mesothelium, in the abdominal cavity of the chest.
- Diagnosing abdominal Mesothelioma can be a process of elimination.
- A variation of Abdominal Mesothelioma can develop in the peritoneum.
- The major symptom of Abdominal Mesothelioma is the swelling of the abdomen due to the buildup peritoneal fluid.
- Abdominal Mesothelioma develops in the peritoneum and small malignancies spread over the surface of the tissue.
- The main symptom of Abdominal Mesothelioma is the swelling of the abdomen from the large amounts of the peritoneal fluid.
- Abdominal Mesothelioma cancer cells develop in the peritoneum and create small malignancies that spread over the surface of the tissues.
- These malignant cells cause the development of excess fluid which acts as a means for the malignant cells to spread into adjoining tissues and nearby organs in the abdominal cavity.
- A CT scan or X-ray will show signs that a patient may have abdominal Mesothelioma.
- A biopsy is required to diagnose Abdominal Mesothelioma performed through the naval with a laparoscope.
- Abdominal Mesothelioma treatment will be determined by the doctor and patient, taking into account the patients age, health, location and size of the tumors.
- To diagnose Abdominal Mesothelioma a sample of the abdominal fluid is withdrawn using a procedure called paracentesis.
- There are variations of Abdominal Mesothelioma where there is no development or buildup of fluid.
TO GET HELP – Our Nationwide Toll-Free Mesothelioma Helpline Number is 888.640.0914
Median Survival Rate for Mesothelioma Patients by Stage
Mesothelioma Symptoms Include:
- Chest Pain
- Chronic Cough
- Difficulty Breathing
- Difficulty Swallowing
- Fluid Build-up in Lungs
- Heart Palpitations
- Heart Murmurs
- Irregular Heartbeat (arrhythmia)
- Night Sweats
- Orthopnea (Dyspnea When Lying Down)
- Shortness of Breath
- Thickening of Pericardial Layers
This website is for informational purposes only. This website is not a substitute for professional medical advice, examination, diagnosis, or medical treatment.
This site should not be used for diagnosing or treating a health problem or disease and is not a substitute for professional medical care. You should always seek medical advice from your doctor or other qualified health professionals before starting any new treatment or making any changes to an existing treatment.
PLEASE CONSULT YOUR PHYSICIAN OR MEDICAL PROVIDER PRIOR TO FOLLOWING OR USING ANY INFORMATION ON THIS SITE.
The information is not guaranteed to be correct, complete, or current. There is no warranty, expressed or implied, about the accuracy or reliability of the information at this website or at any other website to which this site is linked.
Asbestos Exposure and Mesothelioma Lawsuits
Asbestos manufacturers knew as far back as the early 1920’s that asbestos caused asbestosis and the first case of malignant Mesothelioma was definitively linked to asbestos exposure in workers and laborers in 1964.
More than 600,000 asbestos and Mesothelioma cases have been brought against asbestos manufacturers and distributors, claiming the companies failed to protect workers and laborers from harmful asbestos contamination, and failed to warn workers about health risks.
The World Health Organization reported that there have been 92,253 mesothelioma deaths (and counting) reported by 83 countries.
Thousands of asbestos-containing products and materials were used throughout construction buildings trades, industrial plants, residential buildings, factories, power plants, chemical plants, refineries, shipyards and manufacturing plants exposing workers and laborers to deadly asbestos dust and fibers.
Mesothelioma cancer has 4 stages and rarely diagnosed in stages 1 and 2 because it looks like many other diseases like COPD, a chronic cough, the flu and pneumonia. If you have a history of work-related asbestos exposure you should be checked each year by a qualified doctor.
Global Asbestos Disaster Study Estimates More than 39,000 USA Deaths Annually from Asbestos-Related Diseases.
Specifically, asbestos contributes to 34,270 lung cancer deaths, 3,161 mesothelioma deaths, 787 ovarian cancer deaths, 443 Abdominal deaths and 613 chronic asbestosis death. Source: www.adao.us
Malignant Mesothelioma is rare form of cancer that affects lining of the lungs, abdomen, heart, and major organs in the body. Mesothelioma is a disease in which malignant cancer cells are found in the sac lining the chest (pleura) or the abdomen (peritoneum). There are about 3,000 new malignant Mesothelioma cases diagnosed each year in the U. S. If you are experiencing any Mesothelioma symptoms you should contact a doctor immediately.
Diagnosed With Mesothelioma?
If you or a family member has been diagnosed with malignant Mesothelioma you are going to have a lot of questions about living with Mesothelioma and what legal options you have against asbestos manufacturers and asbestos companies for your asbestos exposure. Mesothelioma is a seriously deadly disease. According to the American Cancer Society with the average survival time for people with Mesothelioma is 4-18 months.
Call TOLL FREE 800.291.0963 right now to talk with a live Mesothelioma Counselor that can answer many of your questions and give you the peace of mind that you need.
Family Member Died From Mesothelioma?
If you have a family member that has died from Mesothelioma cancer you should immediately consult with an experienced Mesothelioma diagnosis lawyer about what compensation may be available to you from asbestos trust funds that total more than 30 billion dollars.
It is VERY IMPORTANT that you file your Mesothelioma claim within your states Statute of Limitations.
We have seen many families lose their right to file a lawsuit because their Statute of Limitations had expired while they were grieving. We know it is a tough time to grieve the loss of a loved one, but please do not let your Statute of Limitations expire for filing your Mesothelioma lawsuit. In most states the Statute of Limitations is 2-3 years. Some states have 6 year Statute of Limitations.
Mesothelioma Latency Period
Mesothelioma has a long latency period of 10-50 years. Many Veterans, Shipyard Workers, Construction Workers, Power Plant Workers, Mill Workers, Steel Workers, Railroad Workers, Pipefitters, Insulators, Electricians, Carpenters, Welders, Auto Mechanics, Veterans, Factory Workers, and laborers are living in the early stages of a variety of asbestos related diseases. Many Mesothelioma lawyers will not accept asbestosis, asbestos lung cancer, pleural plaques, pleural thickening, colon cancer and esophageal cancer cases.
There is More Than 30 Billion Dollars Set Aside for Mesothelioma and Asbestos Victims in Asbestos Bankruptcy Trusts
Need a Mesothelioma Lawyer?
If you or a family member has been diagnosed with Mesothelioma or an asbestos related disease, we can help you start a Mesothelioma lawsuit against asbestos companies responsible for your injuries. Our experienced nationwide Mesothelioma lawyers will come to you.
Call our Mesothelioma Toll Free Helpline at 888.640.0914 and get help today!
A person diagnosed with Mesothelioma may be entitled to recover compensation for the following:
24 Hour Live Chat Available >>> See Chat button on right side of page.
We can usually tell within a few minutes whether we can help you, and if we can’t, maybe direct you to someone who can. We are always accessible by phone, email and online chat.
We are always available to answer your questions with a phone call and will always keep you informed. We will do everything we can to ensure that you receive the highest compensation for your injuries.
If you have a legal question about a Mesothelioma lawsuit, you don’t have to come into our office. Call us, and you’ll speak directly to a lawyer, and if a lawyer is not available, your call will be returned as quickly as possible.
24 Hour Call Back Guarantee!
Fill out our free Mesothelioma case evaluation form and an experienced mesothelioma lawyer will call you to immediately start processing your claim at no cost to you.
Mesothelioma Medical Lawsuits