Asbestos Exposure: Mesothelioma
Also See: Environmental Asbestos Exposure
Asbestos Exposure in the U. S.
- More than 30 million tons of toxic asbestos was used in U. S. manufacturing and products during the 20th century.
- It is estimated that 27.5 Million Americans were exposed to toxic asbestos between the years 1940-1979.
- More than 1.3 million U. S. construction workers are exposed to asbestos in the workplace each year.
- U. S. Courts are holding asbestos manufacturers liable for Mesothelioma caused by asbestos exposure.
- Signs of asbestos exposure can take 10 to 50 years to manifest in the body after the initial asbestos exposure.
- Low levels of asbestos exposure do not pose a major threat to the general population.
Higher numbers of asbestos exposure cases are reported in places where people lived near oil refineries, construction sites, power plants, factories, shipyards, steel mills, military bases, aluminum plants, railroad yards, asbestos mines, and building demolition sites.
Factor Determining How Asbestos Exposure Affects People:
- Exposure Concentration: Concentration of asbestos fibers in the exposure area.
- Exposure Duration: Amount of time a person is exposed to asbestos.
- Exposure Frequency: How frequently the person was exposed to asbestos.
- Size and Compound: Shape and makeup of the asbestos fibers.
Second Hand Asbestos Exposure
- Second hand asbestos exposure has been well documented from first-hand asbestos exposure by a family member bringing it home from the workplace.
- Family members doing laundry containing asbestos dust or fibers in clothing have been diagnosed with Mesothelioma and other asbestos-related diseases.
- Second hand asbestos exposure is now recognized as a direct cause of Mesothelioma, lung cancer, asbestosis and other types of deadly asbestos-related illnesses.
- In California, a 61 year-old woman dying from Mesothelioma was awarded $6.5 Million attributed to Second Hand Asbestos Exposure at ages 4 to 7 from her parents who worked at a shipyard.
- Medical studies in the 1960s reported that significant portions of Mesothelioma cases among women and children were likely caused by secondary asbestos exposure.
- Australia, England and Japan have begun to recognize and compensate asbestos exposure victims of secondary exposure.
- Libby, MT is the nation’s worst case of Second Hand Asbestos Exposure with thousands of Libby residents becoming sick after being exposed to asbestos from the town’s vermiculite mine.
- Higher numbers of second hand asbestos exposure cases are reported in places where people lived near oil refineries, power plants, factories, shipyards, steel mills, and asbestos mines.
- Like firsthand asbestos exposure, the symptoms related to second hand asbestos exposure may not surface for 10 to 50 years after the initial asbestos exposure.
Malignant Mesothelioma has been linked to workplace asbestos exposure.
TO GET HELP – Our Nationwide Toll Free Mesothelioma Helpline Number is 888.640.0914
Malignant Mesothelioma is rare form of cancer that affects lining of the lungs, abdomen, heart, and major organs in the body. Mesothelioma is a disease in which malignant cancer cells are found in the sac lining the chest (pleura) or the abdomen (peritoneum). There are about 3,000 new malignant Mesothelioma cases diagnosed each year in the U. S. If you are experiencing any Mesothelioma symptoms you should contact a doctor immediately.
Diagnosed With Mesothelioma?
If you or a family member has been diagnosed with malignant Mesothelioma you are going to have a lot of questions about living with Mesothelioma and what legal options you have against asbestos manufacturers and asbestos companies for your asbestos exposure. Mesothelioma is a seriously deadly disease. According to the American Cancer Society with the average survival time for people with Mesothelioma is 4-18 months.
Call TOLL FREE 888.640.0914 right now to talk with a live Mesothelioma Counselor that can answer many of your questions and give you the peace of mind that you need.
Family Member Died From Mesothelioma?
If you have a family member that has died from Mesothelioma cancer you should immediately consult with an experienced Mesothelioma diagnosis lawyer about what compensation may be available to you from asbestos trust funds that total more than 30 billion dollars.
It is VERY IMPORTANT that you file your Mesothelioma claim within your states Statute of Limitations.
We have seen many families lose their right to file a lawsuit because their Statute of Limitations had expired while they were grieving. We know it is a tough time to grieve the loss of a loved one, but please do not let your Statute of Limitations expire for filing your Mesothelioma lawsuit. In most states the Statute of Limitations is 2-3 years. Some states have 6 year Statute of Limitations.
Mesothelioma Latency Period
Mesothelioma has a long latency period of 10-50 years. Many Veterans, Shipyard Workers, Construction Workers, Power Plant Workers, Mill Workers, Steel Workers, Railroad Workers, Pipefitters, Insulators, Electricians, Carpenters, Welders, Auto Mechanics, Veterans, Factory Workers, and laborers are living in the early stages of a variety of asbestos related diseases. Many Mesothelioma lawyers will not accept asbestosis, asbestos lung cancer, asbestosis, pleural plaques, pleural thickening, colon cancer and esophageal cancer cases.
There is More Than 30 Billion Dollars Set Aside for Mesothelioma and Asbestos Victims in Asbestos Bankruptcy Trusts
Need a Mesothelioma Lawyer?
If you or a family member has been diagnosed with Mesothelioma or an asbestos related disease, we can help you start a Mesothelioma lawsuit against asbestos companies responsible for your injuries. Our experienced nationwide Mesothelioma lawyers will come to you.
Call our Mesothelioma Toll Free Helpline at 888.640.0914 and get help today!
24 Hour Live Chat Available >>> See Chat button on right side of page.
We can usually tell within a few minutes whether we can help you, and if we can’t, maybe direct you to someone who can. We are always accessible by phone, email and online chat.
We are always available to answer your questions with a phone call and will always keep you informed. We will do everything we can to ensure that you receive the highest compensation for your injuries.
If you have a legal question about a Mesothelioma lawsuit, you don’t have to come into our office. Call us, and you’ll speak directly to a lawyer, and if a lawyer is not available, your call will be returned as quickly as possible.
Fill out our free Mesothelioma case evaluation form and an experienced mesothelioma lawyer will call you to immediately start processing your claim at no cost to you.