A. T. Callas Co.
Asbestos Manufacturers and Distributors
A. T. Callas Co. is a defendant in Asbestos and Mesothelioma lawsuits where claimants allege that their health problems, including death were a direct result from exposure to asbestos-containing products manufactured or distributed by A. T. Callas Co..
Asbestos is a naturally occurring fibrous mineral used throughout the U. S. in industrial plants, factories, mills shipyards, and refineries prior to the 1980s because of its low cost ability to resists heat and corrosion.
If you or someone you know was employed by a company where asbestos-containing products were used it is important to be aware how asbestos exposure may impact your future health. Main risk factors for developing Mesothelioma include age, gender, exposure history, exposure duration, and chemical makeup of asbestos fibers (breathed in or ingested). If you have been diagnosed with Mesothelioma time is of the essence to file a Mesothelioma lawsuit.
Asbestos manufacturers knew as far back as the early 1920’s that asbestos caused asbestosis and the first case of Malignant Mesothelioma was definitively linked to asbestos exposure in 1964.
The World health Organization reported that there were 92,253 mesothelioma deaths (and counting) reported by 83 countries. Today, more than 20 million Americans are at risk of developing malignant Mesothelioma in their lifetime due to asbestos exposure.
Quotes From Asbestos Executives About Their Workers
“…if you have enjoyed a good life while working with asbestos products, why not die from it.” 1966 memo from an executive of the Bendix Corporation (now part of Honeywell)
In early 1940s, the president of Johns-Manville called the managers of another company “a bunch of fools for notifying employees who had asbestosis.” When asked by another corporation’s representative, “Do you mean to tell me you would let them work until they drop dead?” he responded, “Yes. We save a lot of money that way.”
Have A Question About Mesothelioma Compensation?
Our Mesothelioma Patient Advocates can answer questions about trust funds, treatments, settlements and other types of Mesothelioma compensation.
Chat Now – Click Chat Banner to Start a Live Chat!
Call Now – Our Nationwide Toll Free Mesothelioma Helpline Number is 888.640.0914
Products Manufactured by A. T. Callas Co.
Asbestos Settlement Trust Information
Asbestos Settlement Trusts were established to help compensate workers and their families for asbestos exposure which causes Mesothelioma and other asbestos-related diseases. When an Asbestos company establishes a Trust Fund all settlements are managed by trustees that decide the compensation amounts paid to Mesothelioma claimants. U. S. Courts allow Asbestos defendants to file for protection under a legal process known as bankruptcy reorganization. This allows the company to pay claims and stay in business.
- There are close to 60 Asbestos Trust Funds set up by U. S. Courts.
- Asbestos bankruptcy reorganization can be a lengthy process that can span several years.
- Asbestos Trusts publish additional information about their Trust guidelines, qualifications and rules.
- Representatives of current and future Mesothelioma claimants must consent to any significant changes to these trusts.
- Since 1988, Asbestos trusts have paid out about $17.5 billion representing more than 3 million claims.
- Since 2011, Asbestos Trust Funds have combined assets of $36.8 billion.
- Since 2010, the average percentage paid per asbestos victim is 25 percent of a claim.
- Asbestos Trust Funds set Statutes of Limitations that only allow a certain amount of time to file an Asbestos claim.
- Mesothelioma Claimants can sometimes file both Asbestos Trust lawsuits and Asbestos claims.
- S. Court must approve the amount that is set aside before the Asbestos Company will be granted bankruptcy protection.
It is very important to contact a Mesothelioma lawyer soon after you have been diagnosed with Mesothelioma. The only known cause of this Mesothelioma is exposure to asbestos. Mesothelioma is a progressive disease, with a 10-50 year latency period developing over years or even decades in many patients. Therefore, your statute of limitations does not begin with the time of exposure. Rather, it begins with your diagnosis that you have Mesothelioma.
If you have been diagnosed with Mesothelioma, you have legal rights. But you need to act quickly, because the statute of limitations in most states is 1-3 years.
Mesothelioma and Asbestos Exposure
- Malignant Mesothelioma is commonly diagnosed in people between the ages of 50 and 75 years old.
- There are 2,500-3,000 malignant Mesothelioma cases diagnosed each year in the United States.
- 1 in 3 U. S. military veterans will develop an asbestos related disease in their lifetime.
Malignant Mesothelioma has been linked to workplace asbestos exposure.
Evidence Required to File for an Asbestos claim may Include:
Diagnosis – Medical documentation (pathology reports).
Physician Statement – From a qualified physician regarding Mesothelioma diagnosis.
Exposure Evidence – Product information, witness affidavits, employment records, invoices.
A. T. Callas Co. and Mesothelioma Claims
A person diagnosed with Mesothelioma may be entitled to recover compensation for the following:
Other Factors that May Affect the Value of Your Mesothelioma case Include:
- Age, Gender, Location, and Work History
- History of Military Service
- Pain and Suffering
- Where Asbestos Exposure Occurred
- How Many Asbestos Products are involved with Your Exposure
There Are 4 Primary Types of Mesothelioma Claims:
- Product Liability – Can be filed against companies that manufactured and distributed asbestos products.
- Medical Malpractice – Can be filed against doctors or hospitals if they misdiagnose, or delay your diagnosis of Mesothelioma.
- Workers Compensation – Can be filed against an employer if you were exposed to asbestos while on the job.
- Wrongful Death – Can be filed against asbestos manufacturers, asbestos distributors, or an employer of a product containing asbestos that directly caused a person’s death if their actions constituted gross negligence for a deceased worker s safety.
How a Mesothelioma Attorney Can Help
An Experienced Mesothelioma attorney will take the following steps to ensure that you receive just and fair compensation for your injuries:
- A Mesothelioma lawyer will help you recover costly mesothelioma medical expenses.
- A Mesothelioma lawyer will help you recover loss of income.
- A Mesothelioma lawyer will help you get diagnosed with proper medical testing.
- A Mesothelioma lawyer will help you sort out which asbestos companies are liable in your Mesothelioma claim.
- A Mesothelioma lawyer will help you obtain old records, legal documents and work records that are important to your case.
- A Mesothelioma lawyer will help you identify asbestos-containing products used in your workplace or home.
- A Mesothelioma Lawyer will guide you through each step of the legal process and answer any questions you may have.
- A Mesothelioma lawyer will provide expert witnesses that have testified in other Mesothelioma cases.
- A Mesothelioma lawyer will make sure that your claim is filed within your states statute of limitations.
- A Mesothelioma will check your eligibility to see if you qualify for asbestos bankruptcy trust funds.
An experienced Mesothelioma lawyer will help you to file a Mesothelioma lawsuit to hold negligent asbestos manufacturers and asbestos companies accountable for the severe pain and suffering that comes with a Mesothelioma cancer diagnosis.
Recent Mesothelioma Verdicts
- $4.6 Million Mesothelioma Settlement: For a union insulator that developed malignant Mesothelioma from asbestos exposure.
- $10.2 Million Mesothelioma Verdict: For a Paper Mill worker suffering from pleural Mesothelioma.
- $8 Million Mesothelioma Award: For a man diagnosed with Mesothelioma. Non Asbestos Trust Funds and $1.5 Million for Asbestos Trust Funds.
- $1.2 Million Mesothelioma Settlement: For a 76 year old carpenter that developed malignant Mesothelioma.
- $1.1 Million Veteran Mesothelioma Settlement: For a Navy veteran machinist that developed malignant Mesothelioma at age 71.
- $245,000 Asbestosis Settlement: For a Paper mill worker suffering from Asbestosis.
- $2.5 Million Mesothelioma Settlement: For a union pipefitter man who died from malignant Mesothelioma.
- $2.6 Million Shipyard Worker Mesothelioma Settlement: For the family of a 72-year old shipyard worker with Mesothelioma who suffered second hand exposure.
- $5 Million Navy Veteran Mesothelioma Verdict: For a Navy Boilerman who developed Mesothelioma during his service.
- $1.8 Million Mesothelioma Settlement: For a carpenter that developed malignant Mesothelioma at age 68.
- $7.5 Million Mesothelioma Verdict: For a woman that developed peritoneal Mesothelioma from laundering her husband s work clothes.
Malignant Mesothelioma has been linked to workplace asbestos exposure.
TO GET HELP – Our Nationwide Toll Free Mesothelioma Helpline Number is 888.640.0914
Malignant Mesothelioma is rare form of cancer that affects lining of the lungs, abdomen, heart, and major organs in the body. Mesothelioma is a disease in which malignant cancer cells are found in the sac lining the chest (pleura) or the abdomen (peritoneum). There are about 3,000 new malignant Mesothelioma cases diagnosed each year in the U. S. If you are experiencing any Mesothelioma symptoms you should contact a doctor immediately.
Diagnosed With Mesothelioma?
If you or a family member has been diagnosed with malignant Mesothelioma you are going to have a lot of questions about living with Mesothelioma and what legal options you have against asbestos manufacturers and asbestos companies for your asbestos exposure. Mesothelioma is a seriously deadly disease. According to the American Cancer Society with the average survival time for people with Mesothelioma is 4-18 months.
Call TOLL FREE 888.640.0914 right now to talk with a live Mesothelioma Counselor that can answer many of your questions and give you the peace of mind that you need.
Family Member Died From Mesothelioma?
If you have a family member that has died from Mesothelioma cancer you should immediately consult with an experienced Mesothelioma diagnosis lawyer about what compensation may be available to you from asbestos trust funds that total more than 30 billion dollars.
It is VERY IMPORTANT that you file your Mesothelioma claim within your states Statute of Limitations.
We have seen many families lose their right to file a lawsuit because their Statute of Limitations had expired while they were grieving. We know it is a tough time to grieve the loss of a loved one, but please do not let your Statute of Limitations expire for filing your Mesothelioma lawsuit. In most states the Statute of Limitations is 2-3 years. Some states have 6 year Statute of Limitations.
Mesothelioma Latency Period
Mesothelioma has a long latency period of 10-50 years. Many Veterans, Shipyard Workers, Construction Workers, Power Plant Workers, Mill Workers, Steel Workers, Railroad Workers, Pipefitters, Insulators, Electricians, Carpenters, Welders, Auto Mechanics, Veterans, Factory Workers, and laborers are living in the early stages of a variety of asbestos related diseases. Many Mesothelioma lawyers will not accept asbestosis, asbestos lung cancer, pleural plaques, pleural thickening, colon cancer and esophageal cancer cases.
There is More Than 30 Billion Dollars Set Aside for Mesothelioma and Asbestos Victims in Asbestos Bankruptcy Trusts
Need a Mesothelioma Lawyer?
If you or a family member has been diagnosed with Mesothelioma or an asbestos related disease, we can help you start a Mesothelioma lawsuit against asbestos companies responsible for your injuries. Our experienced nationwide Mesothelioma lawyers will come to you.
Call our Mesothelioma Toll Free Helpline at 888.640.0914 and get help today!
24 Hour Live Chat Available >>> See Chat button on right side of page.
We can usually tell within a few minutes whether we can help you, and if we can t, maybe direct you to someone who can. We are always accessible by phone, email and online chat.
We are always available to answer your questions with a phone call and will always keep you informed. We will do everything we can to ensure that you receive the highest compensation for your injuries.
If you have a legal question about a Mesothelioma lawsuit, you don t have to come into our office. Call us, and you ll speak directly to a lawyer, and if a lawyer is not available, your call will be returned as quickly as possible.
Asbestos Trust Funds and Mesothelioma
24 Hour Call Back Guarantee!
Fill out our free Mesothelioma case evaluation form and an experienced Mesothelioma lawyer will call you to immediately start processing your claim at no cost to you.