What Is Asbestosis Disease?
Asbestosis is a chronic lung disease caused by inhaling asbestos fibers. Prolonged exposure to asbestos fibers can cause lung tissue scarring and shortness of breath.
- Asbestosis is a chronic inflammation of the lungs from asbestos exposure.
- Asbestosis is a breathing condition where scarring or “fibrosis” of the lungs occurs from inhaling microscopic asbestos fibers.
- When asbestos fibers are inhaled into the lungs they become embedded in the lung tissue and cause persistent inflammation and irritation.
- The severity of asbestosis will depend on the length of time of asbestos exposure and on the amount of exposure.
- Asbestosis is a progressive disease with no known cure with scarring of lung tissue caused by the inhalation of asbestos fibers.
- When Interstitial Lung Disease is diagnosed it as a result of exposure of asbestos, it is called asbestosis.
- Physicians will treat some asbestosis symptoms of with auxiliary oxygen.
- Death from asbestosis occurs by respiratory failure of the patient.
- Chest x-ray or a pulmonary function tests is used to diagnose Asbestosis.
- Some medical studies show asbestosis develops after prolonged exposures of 10 to 40 years
- Asbestosis has been diagnosed in short term intense exposures to asbestos from months to 1 year or more.
- As asbestosis gets worse it can lead to other medical complications that have their own symptoms.
- Asbestosis can continue undetected for decades causing no pain or breathing symptoms.
Asbestosis Symptoms Can Include:
Symptoms of Asbestosis may not appear for 10-50 years after first asbestos exposure.
- Blood in sputum
- Chest pain
- Chronic coughing
- Crackling sound when breathing
- Decreased tolerance for physical activity
- Difficulty breathing
- Dry cough
- Finger clubbing
- High blood pressure
- Scar tissue buildup in lungs
- Shortness of breath
- Swelling in face
- Swelling in neck
- Thickening of the ends of the fingers
- Unexplained weight loss
Asbestosis Can Also Develop Into:
- Enlargement of the heart’s right ventricle
- Heart failure
- High blood pressure in the lungs
- Lung cancer
- Pleural Mesothelioma
- Pulmonary hypertension
Medical research has shown that most people that are diagnosed with asbestosis were exposed to asbestos in the workplace.
Malignant Mesothelioma has been linked to workplace asbestos exposure.
TO GET HELP – Our Nationwide Toll Free Mesothelioma Helpline Number is 888.640.0914
The American Cancer Society shows approximately 3,000 new Mesothelioma cases each year in the U. S.
Global Asbestos Disaster Study Estimates More than 39,000 USA Deaths Annually from Asbestos-Related Diseases.
Specifically, asbestos contributes to 34,270 lung cancer deaths, 3,161 mesothelioma deaths, 787 ovarian cancer deaths, 443 Asbestos Cancer deaths and 613 chronic asbestosis death. Source: www.adao.us
TO GET HELP – Our Nationwide Toll-Free Mesothelioma Helpline Number is 888.640.0914
This website is for informational purposes only. This website is not a substitute for professional medical advice, examination, diagnosis, or medical treatment.
This site should not be used for diagnosing or treating a health problem or disease and is not a substitute for professional medical care. You should always seek medical advice from your doctor or other qualified health professionals before starting any new treatment or making any changes to an existing treatment.
PLEASE CONSULT YOUR PHYSICIAN OR MEDICAL PROVIDER PRIOR TO FOLLOWING OR USING ANY INFORMATION ON THIS SITE.
Asbestos Trust Funds Claims and Mesothelioma
U. S. Asbestos Bankruptcy Trusts Funds have paid out nearly 21 billion to more than 600,000 asbestos claimants. There are about 60 active Asbestos Trust Funds with an estimated $32 billion in remaining assets.
Asbestos Settlement Trusts were established to help compensate workers and their families for asbestos exposure causing Mesothelioma and other asbestos-related diseases. When an Asbestos company establishes a Trust Fund all settlements are managed by trustees that decide the compensation amounts paid to Mesothelioma claimants. U. S. Courts allow Asbestos defendants to file for protection under a legal process known as bankruptcy reorganization. This allows the company to pay claims and stay in business.
Asbestos Trust Fund settlements typically do not come with an admission of guilt by the asbestos company that set up the trust.
If you have a history of asbestos exposure you should be checked each year by a qualified doctor.
We have been helping victims of asbestos exposure and their families for more than 20 years.
If you or a family member has been diagnosed with Malignant Mesothelioma or an Asbestos-related disease, we are here to help you file a claim with an experience Mesothelioma lawyer that will fight for you!
Asbestos Cover up – Quotes from Asbestos Executives
Evidence in thousands of court documents have shown that asbestos companies hid and destroyed memos, documents and ignored doctor’s medical reports about the dangers of asbestos exposure. Despite all the information about the deadly dangers of asbestos exposure available in the scientific and medical literature asbestos companies chose not to take any action to protect workers.
They chose profit over the safety of their workers and then lied and covered it up. This is why U. S. Courts are making asbestos manufacturers and companies pay millions to asbestos victims for their asbestos cover up.
- “…if you have enjoyed a good life while working with asbestos products, why not die from it.”1966 memo from an executive of the Bendix Corporation (now part of Honeywell)
- In early 1940s, the president of Johns-Manville called the managers of another company “a bunch of fools for notifying employees who had asbestosis.” When asked by another company executive, “Do you mean to tell me you would let them work until they drop dead?” he responded, “Yes. We save a lot of money that way.”
Mesothelioma has been medically linked to workplace asbestos exposure.
Malignant Mesothelioma is rare form of cancer that affects lining of the lungs, abdomen, heart, and major organs in the body. Mesothelioma is a disease in which malignant cancer cells are found in the sac lining the chest (pleura) or the abdomen (peritoneum). There are about 3,000 new malignant Mesothelioma cases diagnosed each year in the U. S. If you are experiencing any Mesothelioma symptoms you should contact a doctor immediately.
Diagnosed with Mesothelioma?
If you or a family member has been diagnosed with malignant Mesothelioma you are going to have a lot of questions about living with Mesothelioma and what legal options you have against asbestos manufacturers and asbestos companies for your asbestos exposure. Mesothelioma is a seriously deadly disease. According to the American Cancer Society with the average survival time for people with Mesothelioma is 4-18 months.
Call TOLL FREE 800.291.0963 right now to talk with a live Mesothelioma Counselor that can answer many of your questions and give you the peace of mind that you need.
Family Member Died from Mesothelioma?
If you have a family member that has died from Mesothelioma cancer you should immediately consult with an experienced Mesothelioma diagnosis lawyer about what compensation may be available to you from asbestos trust funds that total more than 30 billion dollars.
It is VERY IMPORTANT that you file your Mesothelioma claim within your states Statute of Limitations.
We have seen many families lose their right to file a lawsuit because their Statute of Limitations had expired while they were grieving. We know it is a tough time to grieve the loss of a loved one, but please do not let your Statute of Limitations expire for filing your Mesothelioma lawsuit. In most states the Statute of Limitations is 2-3 years. Some states have 6 year Statute of Limitations.
Mesothelioma Latency Period
Mesothelioma has a long latency period of 10-50 years. Many Veterans, Shipyard Workers, Construction Workers, Power Plant Workers, Mill Workers, Steel Workers, Railroad Workers, Pipefitters, Insulators, Electricians, Carpenters, Welders, Auto Mechanics, Veterans, Factory Workers, and laborers are living in the early stages of a variety of asbestos related diseases. Many Mesothelioma lawyers will not accept asbestosis, asbestos lung cancer, pleural plaques, pleural thickening, colon cancer and esophageal cancer cases.
There is More Than 30 Billion Dollars Set Aside for Mesothelioma and Asbestos Victims in Asbestos Bankruptcy Trusts
Need a Mesothelioma Lawyer?
If you or a family member has been diagnosed with Mesothelioma or an asbestos related disease, we can help you start a Mesothelioma lawsuit against asbestos companies responsible for your injuries. Our experienced nationwide Mesothelioma lawyers will come to you.
Call our Mesothelioma Toll Free Helpline at 888.640.0914 and get help today!
Mesothelioma Lawsuit Damages
A person diagnosed with Mesothelioma may be entitled to recover compensation for the following:
24 Hour Live Chat Available >>> See Chat button on right side of page.
We can usually tell within a few minutes whether we can help you, and if we cannot, maybe direct you to someone who can. We are always accessible by phone, email, and online chat.
We are always available to answer your questions with a phone call and will always keep you informed. We will do everything we can to ensure that you receive the highest compensation for your injuries.
If you have a legal question about a Mesothelioma lawsuit, you don’t have to come into our office. Call us, and you will speak directly to a lawyer, and if a lawyer is not available, your call will be returned as quickly as possible.
24 Hour Call Back Guarantee!
Fill out our free Mesothelioma case evaluation form and an experienced mesothelioma lawyer will call you to immediately start processing your claim at no cost to you.