Mesothelioma Death Rates
More than 30 million tons of toxic asbestos was used in U. S. manufacturing and products during the 20th century. It is estimated that 27.5 Million Americans were exposed to toxic asbestos between the years 1940-1979. U. S. Courts are holding asbestos manufacturers liable for Mesothelioma caused deaths from asbestos exposure.
Higher numbers of Mesothelioma cancer from asbestos exposure are reported in places where people lived near oil refineries, construction sites, power plants, factories, shipyards, steel mills, military bases, aluminum plants, railroad yards, asbestos mines, and building demolition sites.
Mesothelioma Death Rates and Statistics
- According to the Center for Disease Control study the national Mesothelioma death rate is 13.8 per one million people per year.
- The 2nd highest death rate from malignant Mesothelioma is among industrial chemicals workers.
- The 3rd highest death rate from malignant Mesothelioma is among construction industry workers.
- Higher rates of Mesothelioma deaths were reported among female school teachers.
- Mesothelioma death rates are highest in patients who were 75 years of age or older.
- Six states had a Mesothelioma death rate that was greater than 20 per 1 million people, per year.
- Shipyard workers and the shipbuilders industry have the highest proportionate death rates for malignant Mesothelioma cancer.
- The World Health Organization in 2012 estimated that nearly 120 million people are exposed to harmful asbestos in the workplace.
- According to the Internal labor Organization recent statistics estimate that nearly 100,000 workers die each year because of over exposure to asbestos.
- Age influenced the Mesothelioma mortality deaths rates with those 75 years old and older totaling comprised 8,858 total Mesothelioma deaths.
- Studies suggest that some of the women who died from Mesothelioma may have been exposed to asbestos from second hand asbestos exposure.
- A recent asbestos study showed that 1 in 125 U. S. males will die of Mesothelioma or an asbestos-related disease that live older than age 50.
- Men are diagnosed with Mesothelioma more often than women with males comprising of more than 80% of Mesothelioma deaths totaling total of 14,591 in years 1999-2005.
- Asbestos manufactures knew of the long term dangers of asbestos exposure but chose to ignore or downplay the role asbestos played in many reported illnesses.
Malignant Mesothelioma has been linked to workplace asbestos exposure.
TO GET HELP – Our Nationwide Toll Free Mesothelioma Helpline Number is 888.640.0914
Malignant Mesothelioma is rare form of cancer that affects lining of the lungs, abdomen, heart, and major organs in the body. Mesothelioma is a disease in which malignant cancer cells are found in the sac lining the chest (pleura) or the abdomen (peritoneum). There are about 3,000 new malignant Mesothelioma cases diagnosed each year in the U. S. If you are experiencing any Mesothelioma symptoms you should contact a doctor immediately.
Diagnosed With Mesothelioma?
If you or a family member has been diagnosed with malignant Mesothelioma you are going to have a lot of questions about living with Mesothelioma and what legal options you have against asbestos manufacturers and asbestos companies for your asbestos exposure. Mesothelioma is a seriously deadly disease. According to the American Cancer Society with the average survival time for people with Mesothelioma is 4-18 months.
Call TOLL FREE 888.640.0914 right now to talk with a live Mesothelioma Counselor that can answer many of your questions and give you the peace of mind that you need.
Family Member Died From Mesothelioma?
If you have a family member that has died from Mesothelioma cancer you should immediately consult with an experienced Mesothelioma diagnosis lawyer about what compensation may be available to you from asbestos trust funds that total more than 30 billion dollars.
It is VERY IMPORTANT that you file your Mesothelioma claim within your states Statute of Limitations.
We have seen many families lose their right to file a lawsuit because their Statute of Limitations had expired while they were grieving. We know it is a tough time to grieve the loss of a loved one, but please do not let your Statute of Limitations expire for filing your Mesothelioma lawsuit. In most states the Statute of Limitations is 2-3 years. Some states have 6 year Statute of Limitations.
Mesothelioma Latency Period
Mesothelioma has a long latency period of 10-50 years. Many Veterans, Shipyard Workers, Construction Workers, Power Plant Workers, Mill Workers, Steel Workers, Railroad Workers, Pipefitters, Insulators, Electricians, Carpenters, Welders, Auto Mechanics, Veterans, Factory Workers, and laborers are living in the early stages of a variety of asbestos related diseases. Many Mesothelioma lawyers will not accept asbestosis, asbestos lung cancer, asbestosis, pleural plaques, pleural thickening, colon cancer and esophageal cancer cases.
There is More Than 30 Billion Dollars Set Aside for Mesothelioma and Asbestos Victims in Asbestos Bankruptcy Trusts
Need a Mesothelioma Lawyer?
If you or a family member has been diagnosed with Mesothelioma or an asbestos related disease, we can help you start a Mesothelioma lawsuit against asbestos companies responsible for your injuries. Our experienced nationwide Mesothelioma lawyers will come to you.
Call our Mesothelioma Toll Free Helpline at 888.640.0914 and get help today!
24 Hour Live Chat Available >>> See Chat button on right side of page.
We can usually tell within a few minutes whether we can help you, and if we can’t, maybe direct you to someone who can. We are always accessible by phone, email and online chat.
We are always available to answer your questions with a phone call and will always keep you informed. We will do everything we can to ensure that you receive the highest compensation for your injuries.
If you have a legal question about a Mesothelioma lawsuit, you don’t have to come into our office. Call us, and you’ll speak directly to a lawyer, and if a lawyer is not available, your call will be returned as quickly as possible.
Fill out our free Mesothelioma case evaluation form and an experienced mesothelioma lawyer will call you to immediately start processing your claim at no cost to you.