Boone County, IA Mesothelioma Lawsuits
We Help Mesothelioma Victims Get Fair and Just Compensation For Asbestos Exposure Cancers!
Asbestos Exposure in Iowa Counties
Residents and workers in Boone County, IA were exposed to toxic asbestos dust and fibers with highest exposure years being between, 1930-1980.
It can take 10-50 years after initial asbestos exposure before symptoms of Mesothelioma may appear.
If you have been exposed to asbestos-containing products or worked in an industry in Iowa that exposed people to deadly asbestos fibers our Mesothelioma lawyers can help you seek financial compensation for medical expenses resulting from asbestos exposure or a Mesothelioma cancer diagnosis.
We connect you with experienced Mesothelioma law firms that serve the Boone County, IA area.
Photo Credit: https://www.ctpost.com/local/article/Breaking-free-of-industrial-wastelands-5909811.php
Residential Asbestos Exposure in Iowa Counties
Residents and workers in Boone County, IA were exposed to toxic asbestos dust and fibers in power plants, steel mills, iron mills, oil refineries, and construction sites in Iowa.
Asbestos exposure in Iowa communities and residential homes is found in over 3,000 asbestos-containing products including adhesives, caulking, cements, drywall, flooring, glues, insulation, plasters, tiles, roofing tiles, plumbing, shingles, and heating products. Almost 80 percent of houses built in the U. S. before 1980 contained asbestos products. Iowa resident are exposed to toxic asbestos fibers during renovations of old homes, schools, hospital, and county buildings.
|City Buildings||Jails||Shopping Centers|
|County Buildings||Manufacturing Plants||State Buildings|
|Fire Stations||Park Buildings||Towers|
Asbestos Exposure in Iowa County Schools
Older county school buildings were built with hundreds of asbestos-containing products and materials pre-1980. Students, teachers, administrators, and school employees were exposed to asbestos on a daily basis during remodeling and construction of Iowa county schools.
|Catholic Schools||High Schools||Private Schools|
|City School||Middle Schools||Public Schools|
|Colleges||Military Schools||School District Buildings|
|Dental Schools||Trade Schools||State Schools|
|Elementary Schools||Prep Schools||Universities|
|Grammar School||Preschool||Vocational Schools|
Mesothelioma Cancer Iowa
Mesothelioma is rare cancer that affects the lining of the major organs in the body that includes the lungs, abdomen, and heart. Asbestos exposure has been known to cause life-threatening illnesses, such as Mesothelioma, lung cancer and asbestosis.
Over 27 million Americans are at risk for developing Mesothelioma from asbestos exposure in the U. S. for Mesothelioma and asbestos related deaths. Iowa law allows people that develop asbestos diseases or Mesothelioma even from exposure in the remote past, to sue and receive compensation from the responsible asbestos companies.
Iowa Mesothelioma Statistics (Asbestos-Related Deaths)
- Iowa ranks 24th in the U. S. for deaths from malignant Mesothelioma.
- The mortality rate from Mesothelioma in Iowa is 9.2 per million.
- 670 Iowa residents died from malignant Mesothelioma.
- 758 asbestos-related deaths were reported in Iowa since 1979.
- Polk County, IA has more than 108 asbestos-related deaths and more than 88 Mesothelioma Deaths.
*Statistics on Mesothelioma and asbestos related deaths were compiled from CDC (Center for Disease Control’s National Center for Health Statistics), and NIOSH (National Institute for Occupational Safety and Health) and other cancer reporting sources.
There were 2,765 asbestos related deaths in Iowa (525 Mesothelioma) from 1999-2017 – EWG Action Fund 2017 Study.
Mesothelioma Facts and Statistics
- More than 20 million American workers have been exposed to asbestos.
- Mesothelioma cases are found in 9 out of every 1 million people.
- 3,000 new cases of Mesothelioma are diagnosed each year in the U. S.
- Each year in U. S 10,000 Americans will die from an asbestos related disease.
- 30% of U. S. Veterans will develop an asbestos-related disease in their lifetime.
- 1 in 125 U. S. males who live over the age of 50 will die from an asbestos-related disease.
- Experts believe 60,000 Malignant Mesothelioma deaths will occur between 2010 and 2030.
Iowa Plants and Factories
Iowa plants and factories used large amounts of asbestos because it is a good conductor of electricity and resists heat and fire. Asbestos products were used widely in Iowa because of their fire-resistant and insulating Materials.
Asbestos-Containing Products Were Commonly Used in Iowa;
- Auto Plants
- Brewing Plants
- Chemical Plants
- Construction Sites
- Energy Plants
- Government Buildings
- Industrial Sites
- Manufacturing Plants
- Mining Operations
- Oil Refineries
- Paper Plants
- Petrochemical Plants
- Power Plants
- Pulp Mills
- Iowa Military Bases
- Power Plants
- State Facilities
- Steel Plants
Iowa workers and laborers that were exposed to asbestos are at higher risk than the general population for being diagnosed with Mesothelioma or an asbestos-related disease in their lifetime.
Iowa Legal Rights and Remedies for Mesothelioma Victims
Mesothelioma victims can obtain substantial money compensation for their cancer under Iowa law. There are multiple ways in which mesothelioma victims can collect money damages, including:
Civil Lawsuit: Can be filed against asbestos product manufacturers, distributors and suppliers. This is known as a products liability action. A civil lawsuit can also be filed for not preventing workers from the hazards of asbestos.
Asbestos Trust Funds: Asbestos companies who have filed for bankruptcy have set up trust funds for asbestos victims. There are more than 50 asbestos trust funds totaling more than 30 billion dollars.
Workers Compensation: Mesothelioma victims have the right to file worker s compensation claims under state law or under the Federal Worker s Compensation Act.
Iowa Mesothelioma Statute of Limitations (Boone County, IA)
In Iowa, the Statute of Limitations for Mesothelioma and Asbestos Claims are;
- 6 years from date of diagnosis
- 2 years from the time a loved one passes away to file for wrongful death claims.
Asbestos Laws in Iowa (Boone County, IA)
In Iowa the state’s Waste Management Department is the governing body regarding asbestos removal and disposal. NESHAP and OSHA regulations are used. Specific asbestos management regulations are in Chapter 425 of the Iowa Waste Management Rules.
Iowa Asbestos Exposure Hot Spots
Tons of asbestos shipments were received in the state of New Hampshire. High asbestos exposure was in Hillsborough County, Rockingham County, Stafford County and Merrimack County.
Iowa Mesothelioma Asbestos Exposure Information
Top 200 Most Mentioned Asbestos Products in Lawsuits
Many of these asbestos-containing products were used in building trades with the heaviest use pre-1980 in the U. S. The latency period for an asbestos-related disease to show up in a person s body is 10-50 years.
Asbestos-containing products and materials were used throughout Iowa included; asbestos ceiling & floor tiles, asbestos mixed in paints, asbestos mixed in cement, asbestos used in boilers, asbestos used electrical wiring, roofing materials, plumbing pipes & gaskets, attic insulation, heating and air-conditioning products, car and truck brakes, welding equipment, fire retardant clothing & gloves, drywall, fiberboard, wallboard, asbestos tape, vinyl flooring, fireproofing materials, fireplaces, ovens, etc.
Iowa Mesothelioma Verdicts and Settlements
A Mesothelioma claim is a lawsuit filed on behalf of a victim or surviving family members because of hazardous exposure to asbestos. Here is a list of some noteworthy Iowa Mesothelioma Settlements and Verdicts.
List of Iowa Mesothelioma settlements and verdicts listed in asbestos lawsuits, court documents, and news sources.
A Mesothelioma claim is a lawsuit filed on behalf of a victim or surviving family members as a result of hazardous exposure to asbestos.
- $2.5 Million Mesothelioma Verdict: For an Iowa Plastics Factory Worker diagnosed with Mesothelioma cancer.
- $2.9 Million Mesothelioma Settlement: For an Iowa Industrial Plant Worker for a Mesothelioma cancer diagnosis.
- $1.8 Million Mesothelioma Settlement: For an Iowa School Teacher that developed malignant Mesothelioma.
- $1.5 Million Mesothelioma Verdict: For an Iowa Instrument Repairman with on-the-job asbestos exposure with a Mesothelioma cancer diagnosis.
- $1.75 Million Mesothelioma Settlement: For a Boilermaker that worked at a Pulp and paper Mill who died from Mesothelioma.
- $1.6 Million Mesothelioma Settlement: For a Puget Sound Navy Shipyard Worker that developed malignant Mesothelioma cancer.
- $1.6 Million Mesothelioma Verdict: For a Mechanic that worked around valves, boilers, and pumps developed Mesothelioma.
- $1.5 Million Mesothelioma Settlement: For an Aircraft Worker diagnosed with Mesothelioma working around insulators, tapers and drywallers.
- $2.1 Million Settlement: For a Navy Veteran and Insulation Installer suffering with malignant Mesothelioma Cancer.
Mesothelioma Cancer Has Been Linked to Workplace Asbestos Exposure in Iowa
Mesothelioma Verdicts & Settlements Nationwide
- $10.2 Million Mesothelioma Verdict: For a Paper Mill worker suffering from pleural Mesothelioma.
- $8 Million Mesothelioma Award: For a man diagnosed with Mesothelioma. Noneconomic damages and $1.5 Million for Loss of Life.
- $7.5Million Mesothelioma Verdict: For a woman that developed peritoneal Mesothelioma from laundering her husband s work clothes.
- $5 Million Navy Veteran Mesothelioma Verdict: For a Navy Boilerman who developed Mesothelioma during his service.
- $4.8 Million was awarded to a 65-year-old former plant worker who was exposed to asbestos in the household and at work.
- $4.6 Million Mesothelioma Settlement: For a union insulator that developed malignant Mesothelioma from asbestos exposure.
- $3.2 Million was awarded to a 61-year-old retired maintenance worker.
- $2.5 Million Mesothelioma Settlement: For a union pipefitter man who died from malignant Mesothelioma.
- $2.6 Million Shipyard Worker Mesothelioma Settlement: For the family of a 72-year-old shipyard worker with Mesothelioma who suffered secondhand exposure.
- $2.1 Million was awarded to a 73-year-old Navy veteran and former pipefitter.
- $1.8Million Mesothelioma Settlement: For a carpenter that developed malignant Mesothelioma at age 68.
- $1.8 Million was awarded to a 75-year-old Navy veteran and retired warehouse worker.
- $1.5 Million was awarded to a 60-year-old insulator and plant worker who fell victim to mesothelioma.
- $1.5 Million was awarded to an 85-year-old former maintenance worker and electrician exposed to asbestos on the job.
- $1.4 Million was awarded to a 57-year-old furnace operator and plant worker.
- $1.4 Million was awarded to an 81-year-old former Marine and HVAC affected by mesothelioma.
- $1.2 Million Mesothelioma Settlement: For a 76-year-old carpenter that developed malignant Mesothelioma.
- $1.1 Million was awarded to a 75-year-old Army veteran and retired Laborer.
- $1.1 Million was awarded to an 82-year-old Navy veteran and former engineer exposed to asbestos on the job.
- $1 Million Veteran Mesothelioma Settlement: For a Navy veteran machinist that developed malignant Mesothelioma at age 71.
Iowa workers, military veterans, and residents have the right to sue asbestos manufacturers and companies that exposed them to Asbestos. There is more than 30 billion in 60+ asbestos trust funds for people diagnosed with mesothelioma, lung cancer and other asbestos-related diseases.
Malignant Mesothelioma has been linked to workplace asbestos exposure.
Asbestos Trust Funds and Mesothelioma Claims
U. S. Asbestos Bankruptcy Trusts Funds have paid out nearly 21 billion to more than 600,000 asbestos claimants. There are about 60 active Asbestos Trust Funds with an estimated $32 billion in remaining assets.
Asbestos Settlement Trusts were established to help compensate workers and their families for asbestos exposure causing Mesothelioma and other asbestos-related diseases. When an Asbestos company establishes a Trust Fund all settlements are managed by trustees that decide the compensation amounts paid to Mesothelioma claimants. U. S. Courts allow Asbestos defendants to file for protection under a legal process known as bankruptcy reorganization. This allows the company to pay claims and stay in business.
Asbestos Trust Fund settlements typically do not come with an admission of guilt by the asbestos company that set up the trust.
If you have a history of asbestos exposure you should be checked each year by a qualified doctor.
We have been helping victims of asbestos exposure and their families for more than 20 years.
If you or a family member has been diagnosed with Malignant Mesothelioma or an Asbestos-related disease, we are here to help you file a claim with an experience Mesothelioma lawyer that will fight for you!
Asbestos Cover up – Quotes from Asbestos Executives
Evidence in thousands of court documents have shown that asbestos companies hid and destroyed memos, documents and ignored doctor’s medical reports about the dangers of asbestos exposure. Despite all of the information about the deadly dangers of asbestos exposure available in the scientific and medical literature asbestos companies chose not to take any action to protect workers.
They chose profit over the safety of their workers and then lied and covered it up. This is why U. S. Courts are making asbestos manufacturers and companies pay millions to asbestos victims for their asbestos cover up.
- “…if you have enjoyed a good life while working with asbestos products, why not die from it.” 1966 memo from an executive of the Bendix Corporation (now part of Honeywell)
- In early 1940s, the president of Johns-Manville called the managers of another company “a bunch of fools for notifying employees who had asbestosis.” When asked by another company executive, “Do you mean to tell me you would let them work until they drop dead?” he responded, “Yes. We save a lot of money that way.”
Mesothelioma has been medically linked to workplace asbestos exposure.
Iowa Veterans and Asbestos Exposure
Military Veterans have a 1 in 3 chance of developing an asbestos related disease in their lifetime. Veterans have the right to bring lawsuits against negligent asbestos companies for exposing them to toxic asbestos-containing products and materials.
There are 21.5 million current living Veterans according to the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs. Veterans who served between 1940 and 1970 have the greatest risk of developing Mesothelioma or an asbestos-related cancer. Navy Veterans who served during World War II and the Korean War have the highest incidence of Asbestos-related diseases.
The U.S. Military used thousands of asbestos-containing products in their ships between the 1920-late 1970’s. 14 in every 1,000 WW II shipyard workers died of an asbestos-related disease compared to 18 in every 1,000 combat related deaths.
- Mesothelioma primarily occurs in Veterans between the ages of 55-75.
- 30% of U. S. Veterans will develop an asbestos-related disease in their lifetime.
- Asbestos was listed as the top contaminant at 32 U.S. Army base closures during the 1990s.
- A recent study showed that as many as 30-40% of Mesothelioma victims is U. S. Veterans.
U. S. Branches of Service and Asbestos Exposure
Air Force Veterans
Army Corps of Engineers
Korean War Veterans
U. S. Marine Veterans
Vietnam War Veterans
WW 2 Veterans
VA Recommended Scans
Legal Rights for Veterans
Veteran’s at Risk
Mesothelioma 24/7 Helpline
Iowa Workers Asbestos Exposure
Asbestos Exposure Iowa Workers – Job Duties
We Connect You with Mesothelioma Lawyers in all Iowa Counties
TO GET HELP – Our Nationwide Toll Free Mesothelioma Helpline Number is 888.640.0914
Malignant Mesothelioma Cancer
Malignant Mesothelioma is rare form of cancer that affects lining of the lungs, abdomen, heart, and major organs in the body. Mesothelioma is a disease in which malignant cancer cells are found in the sac lining the chest (pleura) or the abdomen (peritoneum). There are about 3,000 new malignant Mesothelioma cases diagnosed each year in the U. S. If you are experiencing any Mesothelioma symptoms you should contact a doctor immediately.
Diagnosed With Mesothelioma?
If you or a family member has been diagnosed with malignant Mesothelioma you are going to have a lot of questions about living with Mesothelioma and what legal options, you have against asbestos manufacturers and asbestos companies for your asbestos exposure. Mesothelioma is a seriously deadly disease. According to the American Cancer Society with the average survival time for people with Mesothelioma is 4-18 months.
Call TOLL FREE 888.640.0914 right now to talk with a live Mesothelioma Counselor that can answer many of your questions and give you the peace of mind that you need.
Family Member Died From Mesothelioma?
If you have a family member that has died from Mesothelioma cancer in Iowa, you should immediately consult with an experienced Mesothelioma diagnosis lawyer about what compensation may be available to you from asbestos trust funds that total more than 30 billion dollars.
It is VERY IMPORTANT that you file your Mesothelioma claim within your states Statute of Limitations.
We have seen many families lose their right to file a lawsuit because their Statute of Limitations had expired while they were grieving. We know it is a tough time to grieve the loss of a loved one, but please do not let your Statute of Limitations expire for filing your Mesothelioma lawsuit.
Experienced Iowa Asbestos Settlement Lawyers
Our Experienced Asbestos lawyers are here to help you with questions you have regarding filing an asbestos claim. An Asbestos lawsuit can help with the financial burden that comes with a Mesothelioma cancer diagnosis. Our Asbestos Attorneys are qualified to file with Asbestos Trust Funds and understand what families go through when a loved one is diagnosed or dies from toxic asbestos exposure and will work hard on your behalf for financial compensation.
Mesothelioma Lawsuit Damages Iowa
Mesothelioma Latency Period
Mesothelioma has a long latency period of 10-50 years. Many Veterans, Shipyard Workers, Construction Workers, Power Plant Workers, Mill Workers, Steel Workers, Railroad Workers, Pipefitters, Insulators, Electricians, Carpenters, Welders, Auto Mechanics, Veterans, Factory Workers, and laborers are living in the early stages of a variety of asbestos related diseases. Many Mesothelioma lawyers will not accept asbestosis, asbestos lung cancer, pleural plaques, pleural thickening, colon cancer and esophageal cancer cases.
There is More Than 30 Billion Dollars Set Aside for Mesothelioma and Asbestos Victims in Asbestos Bankruptcy Trusts
Need a Mesothelioma Lawyer in Iowa?
If you or a family member has been diagnosed with Mesothelioma or an asbestos related disease, we can help you start a Mesothelioma lawsuit against asbestos companies responsible for your injuries. Our experienced nationwide Mesothelioma lawyers will come to you.
Call our Mesothelioma Toll Free Helpline at 888.640.0914 and get help today!
24 Hour Live Chat Available >>> See Chat button on right side of page.
We can usually tell within a few minutes whether we can help you, and if we cannot, maybe direct you to someone who can. We are always accessible by phone, email and online chat.
We are always available to answer your questions with a phone call and will always keep you informed. We will do everything we can to ensure that you receive the highest compensation for your injuries.
If you have a legal question about a Mesothelioma lawsuit, you don t have to come into our office. Call us, and you will speak directly to a lawyer, and if a lawyer is not available, your call will be returned as quickly as possible. Call today and get help with Boone County, IA Mesothelioma Claims and Lawsuits.
24 Hour Call Back Guarantee!
Fill out our free Mesothelioma case evaluation form and an experienced mesothelioma lawyer will call you to immediately start processing your claim at no cost to you.
To get started is easy…
Fill out our form located at the right of your page or call us toll-free at 1-888-640-0914 for a Free Case Analysis.
An Intake Specialist will guide you through the process of providing us the information needed to see if you or your loved one qualifies for any of the more than 65 Asbestos Trust Funds.
THERE IS NO CHARGE FOR YOUR CALL FOR THE CONSULTATION
TO GET HELP – Our nationwide toll-free Mesothelioma Helpline number is 888.640.0914
Asbestos Exposure in Iowa
Asbestos was used heavily in U. S. building trades between 1930-1980. More than 3,000 commonly used products in Iowa contained toxic asbestos fibers and materials.
Iowa Workers and Residents that were exposed to asbestos are at higher risk (7 times) than the general population for being diagnosed with Mesothelioma or an asbestos-related disease in their lifetime.
It can take 10-50 years after initial asbestos exposure before symptoms of Mesothelioma may appear. People that were exposed to asbestos in Iowa decades ago are walking time bombs. There is no clear way of knowing if a person will develop Mesothelioma, but most people diagnosed are around 70 years of age.
If you worked in an industry in Iowa that exposed, you to deadly asbestos fibers a Mesothelioma lawyer can help you seek compensation for medical expenses resulting from a Mesothelioma cancer diagnosis.
When asbestos is disturbed, broken apart, cut, decayed, or damaged, it releases tiny asbestos microscopic fibrous particles that can cling to the skin, hair and clothing. These asbestos fibers are easily transferred to others where they can accumulate in the lining of lungs that cause Mesothelioma lung cancer.