Mesothelioma Lawyer, South Burlington, VT
Need Help with an Asbestos Exposure Matter in South Burlington, VT?
You’ve come to the right place. It can take 10-50 years after initial asbestos exposure before symptoms of Mesothelioma may appear.
If you have been exposed to asbestos-containing products or worked in an industry in Vermont that exposed people to deadly asbestos fibers our Mesothelioma lawyers can help you seek financial compensation for medical expenses resulting from asbestos exposure or a Mesothelioma cancer diagnosis.
We connect you with experienced Mesothelioma law firms that serve the South Burlington, VT area.
Residents and workers in South Burlington, VT were exposed to toxic asbestos dust and fibers with highest exposure years being between, 1930-1980. Mesothelioma and asbestos-related cancers are typically diagnosed 10-50 years after initial exposure.
Residential Asbestos Exposure in Vermont County Homes
Residents and workers in South Burlington, VT were exposed to toxic asbestos dust and fibers with highest exposure years being between, 1930-1980.
Asbestos exposure in Vermont communities and residential homes is found in over 3,000 asbestos-containing products including; adhesives, caulking, cements, drywall, flooring, glues, insulation, plasters, tiles, roofing tiles, plumbing, shingles, and heating products. Almost 80 percent of houses built in the U. S. before 1980 contained asbestos products. Vermont resident are exposed to toxic asbestos fibers during renovations of old homes, schools, hospital and county buildings.
|City Buildings||Jails||Shopping Centers|
|County Buildings||Manufacturing Plants||State Buildings|
|Fire Stations||Park Buildings||Towers|
Asbestos Exposure in Vermont County Schools
Older county school buildings were built with hundreds of asbestos-containing products and materials pre-1980. Students, teachers, administrators and school employees were exposed to asbestos on a daily basis during remodeling and construction of Vermont county schools.
|Catholic Schools||High Schools||Private Schools|
|City School||Middle Schools||Public Schools|
|Colleges||Military Schools||School District Buildings|
|Dental Schools||Trade Schools||State Schools|
|Elementary Schools||Prep Schools||Universities|
|Grammar School||Preschool||Vocational Schools|
Recent Mesothelioma Verdicts and Settlements
A Mesothelioma claim is a lawsuit filed on behalf of a victim or surviving family members as a result of hazardous exposure to asbestos.
- $2.1 Million Vermont Mesothelioma Settlement: Vermont woman developed Mesothelioma from her husband’s work clothes.
- $2.7 Million Vermont Mesothelioma Settlement: Vermont bricklayer developed Mesothelioma from asbestos exposure on the job.
- $4.6 Million Mesothelioma Settlement: For a Union Insulator that developed malignant Mesothelioma from asbestos exposure.
- $10.2 Million Mesothelioma Verdict: For a Paper Mill worker suffering from pleural Mesothelioma.
- $8 Million Mesothelioma Award: For a man diagnosed with Mesothelioma. Noneconomic damages and $1.5 Million for loss of consortium.
- $4.9 Million Settlement: For a man diagnosed with Pleural Mesothelioma from asbestos exposure in workplace in Montana.
- $3.9 Million Settlement: For an Engineer exposed to asbestos on Missouri jobsites.
- $2.9 Million Settlement: For an Engineer and Shipyard worker exposed to asbestos in Nevada.
- $1.2 Million Mesothelioma Settlement: For a 76-year-old Carpenter that developed malignant Mesothelioma.
- $1.1 Million Veteran Mesothelioma Settlement: For a Navy Veteran Machinist that developed malignant Mesothelioma at age 71.
- $245,000 Asbestosis Settlement: For a Paper Mill worker suffering from Asbestosis.
- $2.5 Million Mesothelioma Settlement: For a Union Pipefitter man who died from malignant Mesothelioma.
- $2.6 Million Shipyard Worker Mesothelioma Settlement: For the family of a 72-year old Shipyard worker with Mesothelioma who suffered second hand exposure.
- $1.8 Million Mesothelioma Settlement: For a carpenter that developed malignant Mesothelioma at age 68.
- $7.5 Million Mesothelioma Verdict: For a woman that developed peritoneal Mesothelioma from laundering her husband’s work clothes.
Mesothelioma Cancer Has Been Linked to Workplace Asbestos Exposure in Vermont
Over 27 million Americans are at risk for developing Mesothelioma from asbestos exposure. Vermont law allows people that develop asbestos diseases or Mesothelioma even from exposure in the remote past, to sue and receive compensation from the responsible asbestos companies.
Vermont Mesothelioma Statistics (Asbestos-Related Deaths)
- Vermont ranks 25th in the U. S. for deaths from malignant Mesothelioma.
- Vermont ranks 20 in the nation for Mesothelioma cases.
- The mortality rate from Mesothelioma in Vermont is 9.46 per million.
- 192 Vermont residents died from malignant Mesothelioma from 1999-2004 according the National Center for Health Statistics.
- 741 asbestos-related deaths were reported in Vermont since 1979. (507 from Asbestosis and 248 from malignant Mesothelioma).
- 608 Vermont residents died from Mesothelioma and asbestosis between 1999 and 2005.
- 221 Vermont residents died from Mesothelioma in 2002-2006 to cancer according to statistics of the National Cancer Institute.
- Vermont has a crude mortality rank of 34th in the U. S.
*Statistics on Mesothelioma and asbestos related deaths were compiled from CDC (Center for Disease Control s National Center for Health Statistics), and NIOSH (National Institute for Occupational Safety and Health) and other cancer reporting sources.
There were 3,137 asbestos related deaths in Vermont (496 Mesothelioma) from 1999-2013 – EWG Action Fund 2015 Study.
Vermont Mesothelioma Statue of Limitations
The State of Vermont allows a certain amount of time called a Statute of Limitations for you to file your Mesothelioma lawsuit. The clock starts on the day a person is diagnosed Mesothelioma or dies from Mesothelioma cancer.
Vermont Statute of Limitations and Legal Requirements:
- Documented exposure to asbestos and/or asbestos-containing products or materials.
- Diagnosed with an asbestos-related disease from a doctor.
- Case must be filed within 2 years from diagnosis.
- Case must be filed 2 years from death.
There are strict deadlines for filing asbestos claims or lawsuits in Vermont after becoming aware that you have been diagnosed with an asbestos-related disease or after a loved one dies from an asbestos related disease.
Asbestos-containing products and materials were used throughout Vermont included; asbestos ceiling & floor tiles, asbestos mixed in paints, asbestos mixed in cement, asbestos used in boilers, asbestos used electrical wiring, roofing materials, plumbing pipes & gaskets, attic insulation, heating and air-conditioning products, car and truck brakes, welding equipment, fire retardant clothing & gloves, drywall, fiberboard, wallboard, asbestos tape, vinyl flooring, fireproofing materials, fireplaces, ovens, etc.
Asbestos Cover up – Quotes from Asbestos Executives
Evidence in thousands of court documents have shown that asbestos companies hid and destroyed memos, documents and ignored doctor’s medical reports about the dangers of asbestos exposure. Despite all of the information about the deadly dangers of asbestos exposure available in the scientific and medical literature asbestos companies chose not take any action to protect workers.
They chose profit over the safety of their workers and then lied and covered it up. This is why U. S. Courts are making asbestos manufacturers and companies pay millions to asbestos victims for their asbestos cover up.
- “…if you have enjoyed a good life while working with asbestos products, why not die from it.” 1966 memo from an executive of the Bendix Corporation (now part of Honeywell)
- In early 1940s, the president of Johns-Manville called the managers of another company “a bunch of fools for notifying employees who had asbestosis.” When asked by another company executive, “Do you mean to tell me you would let them work until they drop dead?” he responded, “Yes. We save a lot of money that way.”
Mesothelioma has been medically linked to workplace asbestos exposure.
Mesothelioma Facts and Statistics
- More than 20 million American workers have been exposed to asbestos.
- Mesothelioma cases are found in 9 out of every 1 million people.
- 3,000 new cases of Mesothelioma are diagnosed each year in the U. S.
- Each year in U. S 15,000 Americans will die from an asbestos related disease.
- 1 in 125 U. S. males who live over the age of 50 will die from an asbestos-related disease.
- Experts believe 60,000 Malignant Mesothelioma deaths will occur between 2010 and 2030.
Vermont Veterans and Asbestos Exposure
Military Veterans have a 1 in 3 chance of developing an asbestos related disease in their lifetime. Veterans have the right to bring lawsuits against negligent asbestos companies for exposing them to toxic asbestos-containing products and materials.
There are 21.5 million current living Veterans according to the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs. Veterans who served between 1940 and 1970 have the greatest risk of developing Mesothelioma or an asbestos-related cancer. Navy Veterans who served during World War II and the Korean War have the highest incidence of Asbestos-related diseases.
The U.S. Military used thousands of asbestos-containing products in their ships between the 1920-late 1970’s. 14 in every 1,000 WW II shipyard workers died of an asbestos-related disease compared to 18 in every 1,000 combat related deaths.
- Mesothelioma primarily occurs in Veterans between the ages of 55-75.
- 30% of U. S. Veterans will develop an asbestos-related disease in their life time.
- Asbestos was listed as the top contaminant at 32 U.S. Army base closures during the 1990s.
- A recent study showed that as many as 30-40% of Mesothelioma victims is U. S. Veterans.
Vermont Workers and Residents Have the Right to Sue Manufacturers that exposed them to deadly Asbestos dust & fibers.
Vermont City Workers Asbestos Exposure
Asbestos Exposure Vermont Workers – Job Duties
Vermont Workers and Residents Have the Right to Sue Manufacturers that exposed them to Asbestos.
We Connect You with Personal Mesothelioma Claims Lawyers in all 50 States
Malignant Mesothelioma Cancer
Malignant Mesothelioma is rare form of cancer that affects lining of the lungs, abdomen, heart, and major organs in the body. Mesothelioma is a disease in which malignant cancer cells are found in the sac lining the chest (pleura) or the abdomen (peritoneum). There are about 3,000 new malignant Mesothelioma cases diagnosed each year in the U. S. If you are experiencing any Mesothelioma symptoms you should contact a doctor immediately.
Diagnosed With Mesothelioma?
If you or a family member has been diagnosed with malignant Mesothelioma you are going to have a lot of questions about living with Mesothelioma and what legal options you have against asbestos manufacturers and asbestos companies for your asbestos exposure. Mesothelioma is a seriously deadly disease. According to the American Cancer Society with the average survival time for people with Mesothelioma is 4-18 months.
Call TOLL FREE 888.640.0914 right now to talk with a live Mesothelioma Counselor that can answer many of your questions and give you the peace of mind that you need.
Family Member Died From Mesothelioma?
If you have a family member that has died from Mesothelioma cancer in Vermont you should immediately consult with an experienced Mesothelioma diagnosis lawyer about what compensation may be available to you from asbestos trust funds that total more than 30 billion dollars.
It is VERY IMPORTANT that you file your Mesothelioma claim within your states Statute of Limitations.
We have seen many families lose their right to file a lawsuit because their Statute of Limitations had expired while they were grieving. We know it is a tough time to grieve the loss of a loved one, but please do not let your Statute of Limitations expire for filing your Mesothelioma lawsuit.
Experienced Asbestos Settlement Lawyers
Our Experienced Asbestos lawyers are here to help you with questions you have regarding filing an asbestos claim. An Asbestos lawsuit can help with the financial burden that comes with a Mesothelioma cancer diagnosis. Our Asbestos Attorneys are qualified to file with Asbestos Trust Funds and understand what families go through when a loved one is diagnosed or dies from toxic asbestos exposure and will work hard on your behalf for financial compensation.
We Connect You with Mesothelioma Claims Lawyers in all Vermont Cities
Mesothelioma Damages Vermont
Mesothelioma Latency Period
Mesothelioma has a long latency period of 10-50 years. Many Veterans, Shipyard Workers, Construction Workers, Power Plant Workers, Mill Workers, Steel Workers, Railroad Workers, Pipefitters, Insulators, Electricians, Carpenters, Welders, Auto Mechanics, Veterans, Factory Workers, and laborers are living in the early stages of a variety of asbestos related diseases. Many Mesothelioma lawyers will not accept asbestosis, asbestos lung cancer, pleural plaques, pleural thickening, colon cancer and esophageal cancer cases.
There is More Than 30 Billion Dollars Set Aside for Mesothelioma and Asbestos Victims in Asbestos Bankruptcy Trusts
Need a Mesothelioma Lawyer in Vermont?
If you or a family member has been diagnosed with Mesothelioma or an asbestos related disease, we can help you start a Mesothelioma lawsuit against asbestos companies responsible for your injuries. Our experienced nationwide Mesothelioma lawyers will come to you.
Call our Mesothelioma Toll Free Helpline at 888.640.0914 and get help today!
24 Hour Live Chat Available >>> See Chat button on right side of page.
We can usually tell within a few minutes whether we can help you, and if we cannot, maybe direct you to someone who can. We are always accessible by phone, email and online chat.
We are always available to answer your questions with a phone call and will always keep you informed. We will do everything we can to ensure that you receive the highest compensation for your injuries.
If you have a legal question about a Mesothelioma lawsuit, you don t have to come into our office. Call us, and you will speak directly to a lawyer, and if a lawyer is not available, your call will be returned as quickly as possible. Call today and get help with South Burlington, VT Mesothelioma Claims and Lawsuits.
Mesothelioma Settlement Attorneys
24 Hour Call Back Guarantee!
Fill out our free Mesothelioma case evaluation form and an experienced mesothelioma lawyer will call you to immediately start processing your claim at no cost to you.