Nutrition for Mesothelioma
Mesothelioma patients undergoing cancer treatments of various kinds should build up their immune system, energy and strength through a healthy eating diet and a good nutritional program.
Mesothelioma patients need larger amounts of protein, vitamins, carbohydrates, monosaturated fats, minerals, and healthy fats to help them recover faster from aggressive treatment. Nutrients found in healthy foods will build up the immune system, help fight against infection and support healthy cell growth. Foods such as leafy green vegetables, fruits, chicken, and whole-milk dairy products should be included in a Mesothelioma patient’s nutritional program. Remember to avoid fast foods, processed foods, GMO foods, white bread and other foods loaded with empty calories.
There is More Than 30 Billion Dollars Set Aside for Mesothelioma and Asbestos Victims in Asbestos Bankruptcy Trusts
Need a Mesothelioma Lawyer?
If you or a family member has been diagnosed with Mesothelioma or an asbestos related disease, we can help you start a Mesothelioma lawsuit against asbestos companies responsible for your injuries. Our experienced nationwide Mesothelioma lawyers will come to you.
Call our Mesothelioma Toll Free Helpline at 888.640.0914 and get help today!
24 Hour Live Chat Available >>> See Chat button on right side of page.
We can usually tell within a few minutes whether we can help you, and if we can’t, maybe direct you to someone who can. We are always accessible by phone, email and online chat.
We are always available to answer your questions with a phone call and will always keep you informed. We will do everything we can to ensure that you receive the highest compensation for your injuries.
If you have a legal question about a Mesothelioma lawsuit, you don’t have to come into our office. Call us, and you’ll speak directly to a lawyer, and if a lawyer is not available, your call will be returned as quickly as possible.
Fill out our free Mesothelioma case evaluation form and an experienced mesothelioma lawyer will call you to immediately start processing your claim at no cost to you.
Consult with a dietitian about the best nutritional foods that will help build your immune system counteract the side effects Mesothelioma treatments.
5 Essential Eating Guidelines for Mesothelioma Patients
Protein: Protein helps ensure muscle growth, increases the body’s resistance to infection, will help repair body tissues damaged by surgery, chemotherapy and radiation. Good sources of protein include poultry, fish, seafood, lean meat, eggs, dairy products, beans, and soy foods.
Carbohydrates: Will help the body’s main energy. Fats and carbohydrates help supply the body with the majority of its daily caloric intake. Good food sources rich in carbohydrates include non GMO corn, rice, potatoes, whole wheat bread, pasta and cereals, fruits, and vegetables.
Vitamins and Minerals: Will help ensure healthy cell growth and allows the body to use the calories supplied by the foods eaten.
Water: Mesothelioma patients will need to keep themselves hydrated during treatments. Water is essential for life.
Monosaturated and Polyunsaturated Fats: These healthy fats are a source of energy and will help the body metabolize some types of vitamins more efficiently. Good sources of Monounsaturated fats are found in olive oil, peanut oil, olives, avocados, nuts, and pecans. Good sources of polyunsaturated fats are pumpkin seeds, soybean oil, herring, salmon, mackerel, tofu, soy milk and walnuts.
Mesothelioma Survivor Nutrition Tips
- Mesothelioma patients should keep up their daily fluid intake and exercise to the degree your physical condition allows.
- Mesothelioma patients are known to lose their appetites during cancer treatments.
- Try not to eat if you are feeling nauseous because you may not be able to keep food down.
- Avoid dehydration. Drink clear, non-carbonated, unsweetened beverages, such as grape and juice.
- Milk, butter, milk, honey, cheese, and sugars will boost your calorie intake and avoid excessive weight loss.
- Mesothelioma patients should ingest liquids and soft foods when they feel nausea or have difficulty swallowing.
- The body will need plenty of nutrition when undergoing Mesothelioma chemotherapy and radiation therapy treatments.
- Vitamin E may be effective in inducing apoptosis cell death), and suppressing cancer growth in malignant mesothelioma.
- On days when feeling better, try to consume foods that are high in the vitamins to keep your body strong, include plenty of protein.
- Mesothelioma patients should eat smaller portions of nutrient-based foods at regular intervals each day instead of 3 meals per day.
- Blended drinks such as fruit smoothies full of diet supplements may also be easier for Mesothelioma patients to digest than solid foods.
- Mesothelioma patients can maintain strength and body functions through nutrition and exercise to help improve the quality of life.
- Doctors recommend Mesothelioma cancer patients have an intake of 50% more protein and 25% more calories during chemotherapy treatment.
- Drink plenty of water and other fluids to keep the body hydrated and this will also flush out the toxins produced by Mesothelioma treatments.
- In a July 2011 study researchers found that tumor cells require more glucose to grow and reproduce than normal cells. Reducing carbs may slow the growth of mesothelioma tumors.
- A study at the University of Chicago Medical Center showed that drinking an 8 ounce glass of grapefruit juice each day boosted the effect of a chemo drugs given to patients suffering from incurable cancers.
- Researchers in South Korea have found that quercetin (Qu), found in the skin of many vegetables and fruits, including red onions, has been found to induce apoptosis, or kill, malignant mesothelioma cancer cells.
Note: Always consult with your doctor before taking any supplements, talk with your doctor. Medical studies have shown that Mesothelioma cancer patients who followed specific diets prescribed by their doctors responded better to treatments.
Mesothelioma Patients Should Avoid These Foods
- Avoid coffee and other caffeinated beverages.
- Avoid foods that are hard to digest, such as fried foods, sweets and high content fatty foods.
- Avoid trans-fatty acids and saturated fat or keep them to a minimum.
Nutrition Therapy Goals – Benefits of Nutrition for Mesothelioma Patient
The primary goal of nutrition therapy is to help Mesothelioma patients get the nutrients they need necessary to maintain a healthy weight and be able adjust to body stress brought on by aggressive treatment or malignant Mesothelioma cancer.
- Build a healthy immune system
- Correct malnutrition
- Help patients to better tolerate aggressive treatments
- Improve quality of life
- Maintain a healthy immune system
- Maintain the ability to fight infection
- Maintain energy
- Maintain strength
- Maintain or improve quality of life
- Prevent loss of bone mass
- Prevent loss of muscle mass
- Prevent loss other lean body mass
- Prevent malnutrition
Mesothelioma Nutrition Tips
National Cancer Institute Recommendation for Cancer Patients; Increase protein in their nutrition diet with;
- Ice cream
- Peanut butter
Foods with high calories intake Include:
Anti-Cancer Foods (should be organic) Include:
- Brussels sprouts
- Citrus fruits
- Green tea
- Rice bran
- Shiitake mushrooms
- Wheat bran
Multi-Vitamins and Multi-Minerals
- Co-enzyme Q10
- Shark cartilage
- Fish Oil
- Evening primrose oil
- Vitamin B (all B types)
- Vitamin E
- Vitamin A
- Vitamin C
- Vitamin D
- Vitamin K
Malignant Mesothelioma has been linked to workplace asbestos exposure.
TO GET HELP – Our Nationwide Toll Free Mesothelioma Helpline Number is 888.640.0914
Malignant Mesothelioma is rare form of cancer that affects lining of the lungs, abdomen, heart, and major organs in the body. Mesothelioma is a disease in which malignant cancer cells are found in the sac lining the chest (pleura) or the abdomen (peritoneum). There are about 3,000 new malignant Mesothelioma cases diagnosed each year in the U. S. If you are experiencing any Mesothelioma symptoms you should contact a doctor immediately.
Diagnosed With Mesothelioma?
If you or a family member has been diagnosed with malignant Mesothelioma you are going to have a lot of questions about living with Mesothelioma and what legal options you have against asbestos manufacturers and asbestos companies for your asbestos exposure. Mesothelioma is a seriously deadly disease. According to the American Cancer Society with the average survival time for people with Mesothelioma is 4-18 months.
Call TOLL FREE 888.640.0914 right now to talk with a live Mesothelioma Counselor that can answer many of your questions and give you the peace of mind that you need.
Family Member Died From Mesothelioma?
If you have a family member that has died from Mesothelioma cancer you should immediately consult with an experienced Mesothelioma diagnosis lawyer about what compensation may be available to you from asbestos trust funds that total more than 30 billion dollars.
It is VERY IMPORTANT that you file your Mesothelioma claim within your states Statute of Limitations.
We have seen many families lose their right to file a lawsuit because their Statute of Limitations had expired while they were grieving. We know it is a tough time to grieve the loss of a loved one, but please do not let your Statute of Limitations expire for filing your Mesothelioma lawsuit. In most states the Statute of Limitations is 2-3 years. Some states have 6 year Statute of Limitations.
Mesothelioma Latency Period
Mesothelioma has a long latency period of 10-50 years. Many Veterans, Shipyard Workers, Construction Workers, Power Plant Workers, Mill Workers, Steel Workers, Railroad Workers, Pipefitters, Insulators, Electricians, Carpenters, Welders, Auto Mechanics, Veterans, Factory Workers, and laborers are living in the early stages of a variety of asbestos related diseases. Many Mesothelioma lawyers will not accept asbestosis, asbestos lung cancer, pleural plaques, pleural thickening, colon cancer and esophageal cancer cases.