Billings Oil Refinery : Asbestos Exposure
People that worked for Billings Oil Refinery may have been exposed to high levels of toxic asbestos from a list of over 3,000 asbestos-containing products. Tradesman that worked at Billings Oil Refinery installing, repairing and replacing products and materials are also at risk of developing an asbestos-related disease in their lifetime.
How Oil Refinery Workers Were Exposed to Asbestos
Asbestos fibers are very tiny as small as .03 microns. The human eye can see particles to about 40 microns. These microscopic particles are very dangerous and when inhaled or ingested and can lay dormant in a human body for 10-50 years. These asbestos particles can weaken the human immune system and may lead to malignant Mesothelioma and other asbestos-related cancers.
Oil refineries produce crude oil from unprocessed oil that comes out of the ground. The oil is also processed to create petroleum, gasoline, heating oil, kerosene and diesel fuel.
People that worked in Billings Oil Refinery buildings that contained asbestos containing products are at higher risk for developing Mesothelioma in their lifetime.
Asbestos-containing products were used in oil refineries, oil rigs, oil pipelines, and steam pipes. Oil Refinery workers were also exposed to asbestos when drilling, rigging, refining, and when wearing asbestos work clothes lined with asbestos.
Workers that helped build and repair Billings Oil Refinery buildings that contained toxic asbestos products are also at a higher risk of developing an asbestos related cancer.
If you have been diagnosed with malignant Mesothelioma or an Asbestos related cancer you may be eligible to receive compensation from responsible asbestos manufacturers for your asbestos exposure.
- Asbestos exposure is responsible for approximately 10,000 deaths each year in the United States.
- 1 in every 125 males over 55 will be diagnosed with an asbestos related cancer in their lifetime.
- More than 20 million American workers have been exposed to asbestos with the heaviest usage in the U. S. during 1930-1980.
Our Nationwide Toll Free Mesothelioma Helpline Number is 888.640.0914
Mesothelioma and Asbestos Exposure
- Malignant Mesothelioma is commonly diagnosed in people between the ages of 50 and 75 years old.
- There are 2,500-3,000 malignant Mesothelioma cases diagnosed each year in the United States.
- 1 in 3 U. S. military veterans will develop an asbestos related disease in their lifetime.
- Men are 4 times more likely to be diagnosed with malignant Mesothelioma than females.
- 70-80% of all diagnosed Malignant Mesothelioma cases reported had workplace experience.
Oil Refinery workers diagnosed with Mesothelioma have complained that they were not given any warning, training or respiratory protective gear when handling, installing, loading, repairing, or removing asbestos-containing products.
Workers worked in Oil Refineries were daily exposed to toxic asbestos dust and fibers in their workplace where they inhaled and ingested them without any protection.
Veterans and Asbestos Exposure
Veterans that worked around Oil Refineries or who held certain trade related jobs were exposed to asbestos. Many military jobs involved working in confined spaces with bad ventilation, operating machinery and equipment that had asbestos-containing products.
Asbestos was also used extensively as fireproofing and insulation in Navy ship engine rooms, decking, sleeping quarters, hulls of ships and boiler rooms because of its resistance to heat.
1 in 3 veterans Veterans will develop an asbestos related disease in their lifetime and are at greater risk of developing malignant Mesothelioma, an aggressive form of cancer.
Malignant Mesothelioma has been medically linked to asbestos exposure from working at Oil Refineries.
Asbestos Related Products used by Oil Refinery Workers
- Access panels
- Acoustic tiles
- Acoustical insulation
- Asbestos boards
- Asbestos cement sheets
- Asbestos coated steam pipeline
- Asbestos concrete
- Asphalt plastic cement
- Block insulation
- Boiler insulation
- Boiler room equipment
- Ceiling tiles
- Cement chalk boards
- Cement covered flues
- Cement mixtures
- Cement pipes
- Concrete additives
- Concrete foundations
- Cork Board
- Drywall Ducts
- Electrical insulation
- Electrical wiring
- Fire bricks
- Fire doors
- Firewall seals
- Flexible duct connectors
- Flooring materials
- Foundation cement
- Heating systems
- Hot water pipes
- Instrument paneling
- Insulating materials
- Insulation cement
- Insulation felts
- Joint compound
- Pipe coverings
- Pipe insulation
- Pipe wrap
- Plumbing systems
- Roofing materials
- Sound dampening materials
- Steam pipes
- Steam valves
- Structural fireproofing
- Surfacing materials
- Torque valves
- Vinyl flooring
- Wall insulation
There is no charge for your initial phone consultation.
Median Survival Rate for Mesothelioma Patients by Stage
- Stage 1 – 21 months
- Stage 2 – 19 months
- Stage 3 – 16 months
- Stage 4 – under 12 months
According to the American Cancer Society with the average survival time for people with Mesothelioma is 4-18 months.
Mesothelioma Symptoms Include:
- Chest pain
- Chronic cough
- Difficulty breathing
- Difficulty swallowing
- Fever or night sweats
- Fluid build-up in lungs
- Heart palpitations
- Heart murmurs
- Irregular heartbeat (arrhythmia)
- Orthopnea (dyspnea when lying down)
- Shortness of breath
- Thickening of Pericardial Layers
Recent Mesothelioma Verdicts
- $4.6 Million Mesothelioma Settlement: For a union insulator that developed malignant Mesothelioma from asbestos exposure.
- $10.2 Million Mesothelioma Verdict: For a Paper Mill worker suffering from pleural Mesothelioma.
- $3.45 Million Mesothelioma Award: For a Truck Mechanic that developed malignant Mesothelioma from working on brakes.
- $2.9 Million Mesothelioma Award: For a lifetime Navy veterans that developed malignant Mesothelioma from exposure during his military service.
- $8.5 Million Mesothelioma Award: For a Painter diagnosed with terminal Mesothelioma from exposure to asbestos-containing products.
- $2.7 Million Mesothelioma Award: For a Pipefitter diagnosed with malignant Mesothelioma from exposure at a chemical plant.
- $2.6 Million Mesothelioma Settlement: For the family of a 72-year old shipyard worker with mesothelioma who suffered second hand exposure.
- $3 Million Mesothelioma Settlement: For a Union Boilermaker who developed malignant Mesothelioma from workplace exposure.
- $7.5 Million Mesothelioma Award: For a woman that developed malignant Mesothelioma from washing her husband’s work clothes.
Malignant Mesothelioma has been linked to workplace asbestos exposure.
Diagnosed With Malignant Mesothelioma?
If you or a family member has been diagnosed with malignant Mesothelioma you are going to have a lot of questions about living with Mesothelioma and what legal options you have against asbestos manufacturers and asbestos companies for your asbestos exposure. Malignant Mesothelioma is a deadly disease.
If you are experiencing Mesothelioma symptoms you should consult with your doctor immediately and get tested for malignant Mesothelioma.
Call TOLL FREE 888.640.0914 right now to talk with an experienced Mesothelioma Counselor that can answer many of your questions and give you the peace of mind that you need.
Family Member Died From Mesothelioma?
If you have a family member that has died from malignant Mesothelioma cancer you should immediately consult with an experienced Mesothelioma lawyer about what compensation may be available to you from asbestos trust funds that total more than 30 billion dollars.
It is VERY IMPORTANT that you file your Mesothelioma claim within your states Statute of Limitations.
We have seen many families lose their right to file a lawsuit because their Statute of Limitations had expired while they were grieving. We know it is a tough time to grieve the loss of a loved one, but please do not let your Statute of Limitations expire for filing your Mesothelioma lawsuit. In most states the Statute of Limitations is 2-3 years. Some states have 6 year Statute of Limitations.
Need an Experienced Oil Refinery Mesothelioma Lawyer?
If you or a family member has been diagnosed with Mesothelioma or an asbestos related disease, we can help you start a Mesothelioma lawsuit against asbestos companies responsible for your injuries. Our experienced nationwide Mesothelioma lawyers will come to you.
Call our Mesothelioma Toll Free Helpline at 888.640.0914 and get help today!
24 Hour Live Chat Available >>> See Chat button on right side of page.
We can usually tell within a few minutes whether we can help you, and if we can’t, maybe direct you to someone who can. We are always accessible by phone, email and online chat.
We are always available to answer your questions with a phone call and will always keep you informed. We will do everything we can to ensure that you receive the highest compensation for your injuries.
If you have a question about a Mesothelioma, you don’t have to come into our office. Call us, and will connect you directly to an experienced Mesothelioma lawyer, and if a lawyer is not available, your call will be returned as quickly as possible.
Fill out our free Mesothelioma case evaluation form and an experienced mesothelioma lawyer will call you to immediately start processing your claim at no cost to you.