Santee, CA Mesothelioma Lawsuits
We Help Mesothelioma Victims Get Fair and Just Compensation For Asbestos Exposure Cancers!
Asbestos Exposure in California Cities
Residents and workers in Santee, CA were exposed to toxic asbestos dust and fibers with highest exposure years being between, 1930-1980.
It can take 10-50 years after initial asbestos exposure before symptoms of Mesothelioma may appear.
If you have been exposed to asbestos-containing products or worked in an industry in California that exposed people to deadly asbestos fibers our Mesothelioma lawyers can help you seek financial compensation for medical expenses resulting from asbestos exposure or a Mesothelioma cancer diagnosis.
We connect you with experienced Mesothelioma law firms that serve the Santee, CA area.
Photo Credit: https://www.ctpost.com/local/article/Breaking-free-of-industrial-wastelands-5909811.php
Residential Asbestos Exposure in California Cities
More than 1,104,000 tons of asbestos shipments were received in the state of California. High asbestos exposure was in shipyards, power plants, steel mills, iron mills, oil refineries, and construction sites in California.
Residents and workers in Santee, California were exposed to toxic asbestos dust and fibers with highest exposure years being between, 1930-1980.
Asbestos exposure in California communities and residential homes is found in over 3,000 asbestos-containing products including adhesives, caulking, cements, drywall, flooring, glues, insulation, plasters, tiles, roofing tiles, plumbing, shingles, and heating products. Almost 80 percent of houses built in the U. S. before 1980 contained asbestos products. California resident are exposed to toxic asbestos fibers during renovations of old homes, schools, hospital, and county buildings.
|City Buildings||Jails||Shopping Centers|
|County Buildings||Manufacturing Plants||State Buildings|
|Fire Stations||Park Buildings||Towers|
Asbestos Exposure in California City Schools
Older county school buildings were built with hundreds of asbestos-containing products and materials pre-1980. Students, teachers, administrators and school employees were exposed to asbestos on a daily basis during remodeling and construction of California county schools.
|Catholic Schools||High Schools||Private Schools|
|City School||Middle Schools||Public Schools|
|Colleges||Military Schools||School District Buildings|
|Dental Schools||Trade Schools||State Schools|
|Elementary Schools||Prep Schools||Universities|
|Grammar School||Preschool||Vocational Schools|
Mesothelioma Cancer California
Mesothelioma is rare cancer that affects the lining of the major organs in the body that includes the lungs, abdomen, and heart. Asbestos exposure has been known to cause life-threatening illnesses, such as Mesothelioma, lung cancer and asbestosis.
Over 27 million Americans are at risk for developing Mesothelioma from asbestos exposure and the state California ranks 31st in the U. S. for Mesothelioma and asbestos related deaths. California law allows people that develop asbestos diseases or Mesothelioma even from exposure in the remote past, to sue and receive compensation from the responsible asbestos companies.
California Mesothelioma Statistics (Asbestos-Related Deaths)
- California ranks 1st in the U. S. for deaths from malignant Mesothelioma.
- The mortality rate from Mesothelioma in California is 10.2 per million.
- 3,795 California residents died from malignant Mesothelioma.
- 5,792 asbestos-related deaths were reported in California since 1979.
- Los Angeles, CA has more than 1200 asbestos-related deaths and more than 900 Mesothelioma Deaths.
- California has a crude mortality rank of 5th in the U. S.
*Statistics on Mesothelioma and asbestos related deaths were compiled from CDC (Center for Disease Control’s National Center for Health Statistics), and NIOSH (National Institute for Occupational Safety and Health) and other cancer reporting sources.
There were 27,080 asbestos related deaths in California (5,100 Mesothelioma) from 1999-2017 – EWG Action Fund 2017 Study.
Mesothelioma Facts and Statistics
- More than 20 million American workers have been exposed to asbestos.
- Mesothelioma cases are found in 9 out of every 1 million people.
- 3,000 new cases of Mesothelioma are diagnosed each year in the U. S.
- Each year in U. S 10,000 Americans will die from an asbestos related disease.
- 30% of U. S. Veterans will develop an asbestos-related disease in their life time.
- 1 in 125 U. S. males who live over the age of 50 will die from an asbestos-related disease.
- Experts believe 60,000 Malignant Mesothelioma deaths will occur between 2010 and 2030.
California Plants and Factories
California plants and factories used large amounts of asbestos because it is a good conductor of electricity and resists heat and fire. Asbestos products were used widely in California because of their fire-resistant and insulating Materials.
Asbestos-Containing Products Were Commonly Used in California;
- Auto Plants
- Brewing Plants
- Chemical Plants
- Construction Sites
- Energy Plants
- Government Buildings
- Industrial Sites
- Manufacturing Plants
- Mining Operations
- Oil Refineries
- Paper Plants
- Petrochemical Plants
- Power Plants
- Pulp Mills
- California Military Bases
- Power Plants
- State Facilities
- Steel Plants
California workers and laborers that were exposed to asbestos are at higher risk than the general population for being diagnosed with Mesothelioma or an asbestos-related disease in their lifetime.
Asbestos Trust Funds and Mesothelioma Claims
U. S. Asbestos Bankruptcy Trusts Funds have paid out nearly 21 billion to more than 600,000 asbestos claimants. There are about 60 active Asbestos Trust Funds with an estimated $32 billion in remaining assets.
Asbestos Settlement Trusts were established to help compensate workers and their families for asbestos exposure causing Mesothelioma and other asbestos-related diseases. When an Asbestos company establishes a Trust Fund all settlements are managed by trustees that decide the compensation amounts paid to Mesothelioma claimants. U. S. Courts allow Asbestos defendants to file for protection under a legal process known as bankruptcy reorganization. This allows the company to pay claims and stay in business.
Asbestos Trust Fund settlements typically do not come with an admission of guilt by the asbestos company that set up the trust.
If you have a history of asbestos exposure you should be checked each year by a qualified doctor.
We have been helping victims of asbestos exposure and their families for more than 20 years.
If you or a family member has been diagnosed with Malignant Mesothelioma or an Asbestos-related disease, we are here to help you file a claim with an experience
California Legal Rights and Remedies for Mesothelioma Victims
Mesothelioma victims can obtain substantial money compensation for their cancer under California law. There are multiple ways in which mesothelioma victims can collect money damages, including:
Civil Lawsuit: Can be filed against asbestos product manufacturers, distributors and suppliers. This is known as a products liability action. A civil lawsuit can also be filed for not preventing workers from the hazards of asbestos.
Asbestos Trust Funds: Asbestos companies who have filed for bankruptcy have set up trust funds for asbestos victims. There are more than 50 asbestos trust funds totaling more than 30 billion dollars.
Workers Compensation: Mesothelioma victims have the right to file worker s compensation claims under state law or under the Federal Worker s Compensation Act.
California Mesothelioma Statute of Limitations (Santee, CA)
In California, the Statute of Limitations for Mesothelioma and Asbestos Claims are;
- 1 year from date of diagnosis
- 1 year from the time a loved one passes away to file for wrongful death claims.
California Statute of Limitations on Mesothelioma and Asbestos Lawsuits
The Cal. Code Civ. Proc. § 335.1 mandates that asbestos-related cases in California are filed separately from personal injury cases as well as different statute of limitations.
Asbestos Laws in California (Santee, CA)
The California Department of Industrial Relations (DIR), Title 8 sets guidelines for each industry for the reduction of asbestos exposure.
Title 8 requires all employers in California to provide adequate levels of air quality and to document all instances of asbestos exposure.
The DIR’s Division of Occupational Safety and Health enforces California’s asbestos standards in various areas, including construction, shipbuilding, and more.
Under subchapter 7 of Title 8, Section 5208 of the California Code of Regulations, lists the laws pertaining to the abatement, handling, removal, and disposal of asbestos within California.
California Department of Industrial Regulation’s (510-286-7000).
California Asbestos Exposure Hot Spots
More than 163,000 tons of asbestos shipments were received in the state of California. High asbestos exposure was in shipyards, industrial plants, power plants, steel mills, iron mills, oil refineries, and construction sites in Hennepin County, Ramsey County, St Louis County, Dakota County and Anoka County.
Asbestos-containing products and materials were used throughout California included; asbestos ceiling & floor tiles, asbestos mixed in paints, asbestos mixed in cement, asbestos used in boilers, asbestos used electrical wiring, roofing materials, plumbing pipes & gaskets, attic insulation, heating and air-conditioning products, car and truck brakes, welding equipment, fire retardant clothing & gloves, drywall, fiberboard, wallboard, asbestos tape, vinyl flooring, fireproofing materials, fireplaces, ovens, etc.
Top 200 Most Mentioned Asbestos Products in Lawsuits
Many of these asbestos-containing products were used in building trades with the heaviest use pre-1980 in the U. S. The latency period for an asbestos-related disease to show up in a person s body is 10-50 years.
California Mesothelioma Verdicts and Settlements
A Mesothelioma claim is a lawsuit filed on behalf of a victim or surviving family members because of hazardous exposure to asbestos. Here is a list of some noteworthy California Mesothelioma Settlements and Verdicts.
List of California Mesothelioma settlements and verdicts listed in asbestos lawsuits, court documents, and news sources.
- $200 Million was awarded a California woman developed mesothelioma as a result of ‘take-home’ or secondary asbestos-exposure which she contracted from fibers on her husband’s work clothes. He worked for Los Angeles water and power department for 24 years.
- $20 Million mesothelioma verdict was settled for a California woman exposed to asbestos in her family home against the maker of asbestos-insulation materials, Hill Brothers Chemical Co.
- $18 Million was awarded to a California government employee who was diagnosed with peritoneal mesothelioma after exposure to talcum powder and body and shaves talc products.
- $17 Million was awarded in 2010 in Oakland, CA to a 66-year-old worker against Shipping Company where he regularly handled asbestos-containing brakes, and was present for the inspection, replacement, grinding and blowing out of asbestos-containing brakes.
- $13.2 Million was awarded in a verdict for retired San Francisco, CA electrician against the manufacturer of joint compounds, Kaiser Gypsum Company, Inc.
- $13 Million awards against Colgate-Palmolive Talcum Powder for a California worker diagnosed with malignant pleural mesothelioma
- $11 Million was awarded in a California mesothelioma wrongful death verdict for an automotive parts man with Mesothelioma against brake and hydraulic manufacturing companies; Pneumo Abex LLC and ArvinMeritor, Inc.
- $8.5 Million was awarded to a former California commercial painter and handyman exposed to asbestos products including stucco, molding and construction materials against cement maker CalPortland Co., molding material maker Cytec Engineered Materials and Union Carbide.
- $4.5 Million was awarded to a California laborer in an asbestos lawsuit settlement against ArvinMeritor and successor of brake shoe manufacturer Rockwell.
- $3.6 Million was awarded in 2007 in San Francisco, CA to an 81-year-old diagnosed with mesothelioma against Bondex, Kaiser-Gypsum, Hamilton Materials, and Kelly Moore, (asbestos joint compound companies) alleging that he was exposed to an unreasonable risk of cancer at his workplace.
- $2.3 Million was awarded in 2007 in San Francisco, CA to a former electrician and construction subcontractor in a lawsuit against Union Carbide Corp., Georgia-Pacific Corp., Kelly-Moore Paint Co. Inc., Hamilton Materials Inc., Kaiser Gypsum Co. Inc, and CertainTeed Corp.
- 5 Million mesothelioma verdict was settled for a California Pipe Manufacturing Plant Worker who developed mesothelioma from workplace exposure.
- $2.1 Million was awarded in 2007 in San Francisco, CA to a 69-year-old worker several manufacturers and distributors of asbestos-containing products, including San Ramon, CA-based Kaiser Gypsum Company Inc. and Pleasanton-based Hanson Permanente Cement Inc.
- $2 Million was awarded in a mesothelioma jury award to a California navy boiler tender who developed mesothelioma from asbestos exposure during his Navy service against boiler and steam manufacturer against Foster Wheeler LLC.
- $1.9 Million was awarded in a mesothelioma verdict for California brick mason against the manufacturer of asbestos-containing joint compounds, Kaiser Gypsum Company, Inc.
- $1.25 Million was awarded to a California pipefitter that developed asbestosis against, Jury Awards Advocate Mines, Ltd.
- $1.1 Million was awarded to a California stationary engineer with asbestosis that maintained laundry equipment, replaced asbestos-containing binders, pads, and covers against, American Laundry Machinery, Inc.
Asbestos Cover up – Quotes from Asbestos Executives
Evidence in thousands of court documents have shown that asbestos companies hid and destroyed memos, documents and ignored doctor’s medical reports about the dangers of asbestos exposure. Despite all of the information about the deadly dangers of asbestos exposure available in the scientific and medical literature asbestos companies chose not take any action to protect workers.
They chose profit over the safety of their workers and then lied and covered it up. This is why U. S. Courts are making asbestos manufacturers and companies pay millions to asbestos victims for their asbestos cover up.
- “…if you have enjoyed a good life while working with asbestos products, why not die from it.” 1966 memo from an executive of the Bendix Corporation (now part of Honeywell)
- In early 1940s, the president of Johns-Manville called the managers of another company “a bunch of fools for notifying employees who had asbestosis.” When asked by another company executive, “Do you mean to tell me you would let them work until they drop dead?” he responded, “Yes. We save a lot of money that way.”
Mesothelioma has been medically linked to workplace asbestos exposure.
California Veterans and Asbestos Exposure
Military Veterans have a 1 in 3 chance of developing an asbestos related disease in their lifetime. Veterans have the right to bring lawsuits against negligent asbestos companies for exposing them to toxic asbestos-containing products and materials.
There are 21.5 million current living Veterans according to the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs. Veterans who served between 1940 and 1970 have the greatest risk of developing Mesothelioma or an asbestos-related cancer. Navy Veterans who served during World War II and the Korean War have the highest incidence of Asbestos-related diseases.
The U.S. Military used thousands of asbestos-containing products in their ships between the 1920-late 1970’s. 14 in every 1,000 WW II shipyard workers died of an asbestos-related disease compared to 18 in every 1,000 combat related deaths.
- Mesothelioma primarily occurs in Veterans between the ages of 55-75.
- 30% of U. S. Veterans will develop an asbestos-related disease in their life time.
- Asbestos was listed as the top contaminant at 32 U.S. Army base closures during the 1990s.
- A recent study showed that as many as 30-40% of Mesothelioma victims is U. S. Veterans.
U. S. Branches of Service and Asbestos Exposure
Air Force Veterans
Army Corps of Engineers
Korean War Veterans
U. S. Marine Veterans
Vietnam War Veterans
WW 2 Veterans
VA Recommended Scans
Legal Rights for Veterans
Veteran’s at Risk
Mesothelioma 24/7 Helpline
California Workers Asbestos Exposure
Asbestos Exposure California Workers – Job Duties
We Connect You with Mesothelioma Lawyers in all California Cities
TO GET HELP – Our Nationwide Toll Free Mesothelioma Helpline Number is 888.640.0914
Malignant Mesothelioma Cancer
Malignant Mesothelioma is rare form of cancer that affects lining of the lungs, abdomen, heart, and major organs in the body. Mesothelioma is a disease in which malignant cancer cells are found in the sac lining the chest (pleura) or the abdomen (peritoneum). There are about 3,000 new malignant Mesothelioma cases diagnosed each year in the U. S. If you are experiencing any Mesothelioma symptoms you should contact a doctor immediately.
Diagnosed With Mesothelioma?
If you or a family member has been diagnosed with malignant Mesothelioma you are going to have a lot of questions about living with Mesothelioma and what legal options you have against asbestos manufacturers and asbestos companies for your asbestos exposure. Mesothelioma is a seriously deadly disease. According to the American Cancer Society with the average survival time for people with Mesothelioma is 4-18 months.
Call TOLL FREE 888.640.0914 right now to talk with a live Mesothelioma Counselor that can answer many of your questions and give you the peace of mind that you need.
Family Member Died From Mesothelioma?
If you have a family member that has died from Mesothelioma cancer in California you should immediately consult with an experienced Mesothelioma diagnosis lawyer about what compensation may be available to you from asbestos trust funds that total more than 30 billion dollars.
It is VERY IMPORTANT that you file your Mesothelioma claim within your states Statute of Limitations.
We have seen many families lose their right to file a lawsuit because their Statute of Limitations had expired while they were grieving. We know it is a tough time to grieve the loss of a loved one, but please do not let your Statute of Limitations expire for filing your Mesothelioma lawsuit.
Experienced California Asbestos Settlement Lawyers
Our Experienced Asbestos lawyers are here to help you with questions you have regarding filing an asbestos claim. An Asbestos lawsuit can help with the financial burden that comes with a Mesothelioma cancer diagnosis. Our Asbestos Attorneys are qualified to file with Asbestos Trust Funds and understand what families go through when a loved one is diagnosed or dies from toxic asbestos exposure and will work hard on your behalf for financial compensation.
Mesothelioma Lawsuit Damages California
Mesothelioma Latency Period
Mesothelioma has a long latency period of 10-50 years. Many Veterans, Shipyard Workers, Construction Workers, Power Plant Workers, Mill Workers, Steel Workers, Railroad Workers, Pipefitters, Insulators, Electricians, Carpenters, Welders, Auto Mechanics, Veterans, Factory Workers, and laborers are living in the early stages of a variety of asbestos related diseases. Many Mesothelioma lawyers will not accept asbestosis, asbestos lung cancer, pleural plaques, pleural thickening, colon cancer and esophageal cancer cases.
There is More Than 30 Billion Dollars Set Aside for Mesothelioma and Asbestos Victims in Asbestos Bankruptcy Trusts
Need a Mesothelioma Lawyer in California?
If you or a family member has been diagnosed with Mesothelioma or an asbestos related disease, we can help you start a Mesothelioma lawsuit against asbestos companies responsible for your injuries. Our experienced nationwide Mesothelioma lawyers will come to you.
Call our Mesothelioma Toll Free Helpline at 888.640.0914 and get help today!
24 Hour Live Chat Available >>> See Chat button on right side of page.
We can usually tell within a few minutes whether we can help you, and if we cannot, maybe direct you to someone who can. We are always accessible by phone, email and online chat.
We are always available to answer your questions with a phone call and will always keep you informed. We will do everything we can to ensure that you receive the highest compensation for your injuries.
If you have a legal question about a Mesothelioma lawsuit, you don t have to come into our office. Call us, and you will speak directly to a lawyer, and if a lawyer is not available, your call will be returned as quickly as possible. Call today and get help with Santee, CA Mesothelioma Claims and Lawsuits.
24 Hour Call Back Guarantee!
Fill out our free Mesothelioma case evaluation form and an experienced mesothelioma lawyer will call you to immediately start processing your claim at no cost to you.
To get started is easy…
Fill out our form located at the right of your page or call us toll-free at 1-888-640-0914 for a Free Case Analysis.
An Intake Specialist will guide you through the process of providing us the information needed to see if you or your loved one qualifies for any of the more than 65 Asbestos Trust Funds.
THERE IS NO CHARGE FOR YOUR CALL FOR THE CONSULTATION
TO GET HELP – Our nationwide toll-free Mesothelioma Helpline number is 888.640.0914
Asbestos Exposure in California
Asbestos was used heavily in U. S. building trades between 1930-1980. More than 3,000 commonly used products in California contained toxic asbestos fibers and materials.
California Workers and Residents that were exposed to asbestos are at higher risk (7 times) than the general population for being diagnosed with Mesothelioma or an asbestos-related disease in their lifetime.
It can take 10-50 years after initial asbestos exposure before symptoms of Mesothelioma may appear. People that were exposed to asbestos in California decades ago are walking time bombs. There is no clear way of knowing if a person will develop Mesothelioma, but most people diagnosed are around 70 years of age.
If you worked in an industry in California that exposed you to deadly asbestos fibers a Mesothelioma lawyer can help you seek compensation for medical expenses resulting from a Mesothelioma cancer diagnosis.
When asbestos is disturbed, broken apart, cut, decayed, or damaged, it releases tiny asbestos microscopic fibrous particles that can cling to the skin, hair and clothing. These asbestos fibers are easily transferred to others where they can accumulate in the lining of lungs that cause Mesothelioma lung cancer.