Mesothelioma Lawsuit Attorneys in Texas
Residents and workers in Texas were exposed to toxic asbestos dust and fibers with highest exposure years being between, 1920-1980. Mesothelioma and asbestos-related cancers are typically diagnosed 10-50 years after initial exposure.
Thousands of asbestos-containing products and materials were used throughout the state of Texas in buildings, residential buildings, industrial plants, factories, power plants, chemical plants, refineries, shipyards and manufacturing plants.
Global Asbestos Disaster Study Estimates More than 39,000 USA Deaths Annually from Asbestos-Related Diseases.
Specifically, asbestos contributes to 34,270 lung cancer deaths, 3,161 mesothelioma deaths, 787 ovarian cancer deaths, 443 larynx cancer deaths and 613 chronic asbestosis death. Source: www.adao.us
Texas shipyard workers, construction workers, mechanics, power plant workers, mill workers, steel workers, railroad workers, pipefitters, plumbers, Insulators, electricians, and laborers are at higher risk than the general population for being diagnosed with Mesothelioma or an asbestos-related disease in their lifetime.
Texas Asbestos Exposure Hot Spots
More than 681,000 tons of asbestos shipments were received in the state of Texas. High asbestos exposure was in Houston, Dallas, San Antonio, Ft Worth, and Austin.
Asbestos-containing products and materials were used throughout Oregon included; asbestos ceiling & floor tiles, asbestos mixed in paints, asbestos mixed in cement, asbestos used in boilers, asbestos used electrical wiring, roofing materials, plumbing pipes & gaskets, attic insulation, heating and air-conditioning products, car and truck brakes, welding equipment, fire retardant clothing & gloves, drywall, fiberboard, wallboard, asbestos tape, vinyl flooring, fireproofing materials, fireplaces, ovens, etc.
Texas Mesothelioma Asbestos Deaths
|Texas Asbestos-Related Deaths 1999-2015||11,905|
|Texas Asbestosis Cancer Deaths||1,675|
|Texas Mesothelioma Cancer Deaths||2,064|
|Texas Estimated-Asbestos Cancer Deaths||8,256|
Texas Mesothelioma Asbestos Exposure Information
|Texas Asbestos Exposure Job Sites|
|Texas Asbestos Exposure Products|
|Texas Mesothelioma Statute of Limitations|
|Texas Veterans Mesothelioma Lawyer|
|Texas Workers Mesothelioma Lawsuits|
|Texas Mesothelioma Settlements and Verdicts|
Texas Asbestos-Related Deaths by County
|Anderson County, TX – 61 Asbestos Related Deaths|
|Angelina County, TX – 109 Asbestos Related Deaths|
|Aransas County, TX – 12 Asbestos Related Deaths|
|Atascosa County, TX – 23 Asbestos Related Deaths|
|Austin County, TX – 14 Asbestos Related Deaths|
|Bandera County, TX – 10 Asbestos Related Deaths|
|Bastrop County, TX – 41 Asbestos Related Deaths|
|Bee County, TX – 17 Asbestos Related Deaths|
|Bell County, TX – 106 Asbestos Related Deaths|
|Bexar County, TX – 436 Asbestos Related Deaths|
|Bowie County, TX – 49 Asbestos Related Deaths|
|Brazoria County, TX – 264 Asbestos Related Deaths|
|Brazos County, CA, TX – 70 Asbestos Related Deaths|
|Brown County, TX – 20 Asbestos Related Deaths|
|Burnet County, TX – 41 Asbestos Related Deaths|
|Caldwell County, TX – 19 Asbestos Related Deaths|
|Callahan County, TX – 41 Asbestos Related Deaths|
|Cameron County, TX – 124 Asbestos Related Deaths|
|Cass County, TX – 16 Asbestos Related Deaths|
|Chambers County, TX – 32 Asbestos Related Deaths|
|Cherokee County, TX – 47 Asbestos Related Deaths|
|Clay County, TX – 00 Asbestos Related Deaths|
|Collin County, TX – 150 Asbestos Related Deaths|
|Colorado County, TX – 11 Asbestos Related Deaths|
|Comal County, TX – 70 Asbestos Related Deaths|
|Cooke County, TX – 20 Asbestos Related Deaths|
|Coryell County, TX – 39 Asbestos Related Deaths|
|Dallas County, TX – 641 Asbestos Related Deaths|
|Deaf Smith County, TX – 10 Asbestos Related Deaths|
|Denton County, TX – 147 Asbestos Related Deaths|
|DeWitt County, TX – 11 Asbestos Related Deaths|
|Eastland County, TX – 10 Asbestos Related Deaths|
|Ector County, TX – 89 Asbestos Related Deaths|
|El Paso County, TX – 316 Asbestos Related Deaths|
|Ellis County, TX – 69 Asbestos Related Deaths|
|Erath County, TX – 19 Asbestos Related Deaths|
|Fannin County, TX – 17 Asbestos Related Deaths|
|Fayette County, TX – 12 Asbestos Related Deaths|
|Fort Bend County, TX – 140 Asbestos Related Deaths|
|Freestone County, TX – 10 Asbestos Related Deaths|
|Galveston County, TX – 317 Asbestos Related Deaths|
|Gillespie County, TX – 12 Asbestos Related Deaths|
|Gray County, TX – 12 Asbestos Related Deaths|
|Grayson County, TX – 144 Asbestos Related Deaths|
|Gregg County, TX – 62 Asbestos Related Deaths|
|Grimes County, TX – 13 Asbestos Related Deaths|
|Guadalupe County, TX – 59 Asbestos Related Deaths|
|Hale County, TX – 19 Asbestos Related Deaths|
|Hardin County, TX – 100 Asbestos Related Deaths|
|Harris County, TX – 1,728 Asbestos Related Deaths|
|Harrison County, TX – 64 Asbestos Related Deaths|
|Hays County, TX – 41 Asbestos Related Deaths|
|Henderson County, TX – 62 Asbestos Related Deaths|
|Hidalgo County, TX – 139 Asbestos Related Deaths|
|Hill County, TX – 75 Asbestos Related Deaths|
|Hockley County, TX – 12 Asbestos Related Deaths|
|Hood County, TX – 63 Asbestos Related Deaths|
|Hopkins County, TX – 18 Asbestos Related Deaths|
|Houston County, TX – 12 Asbestos Related Deaths|
|Howard County, TX – 18 Asbestos Related Deaths|
|Hunt County, TX – 51 Asbestos Related Deaths|
|Hutchinson County, TX – 40 Asbestos Related Deaths|
|Jasper County, TX – 90 Asbestos Related Deaths|
|Jefferson County, TX – 559 Asbestos Related Deaths|
|Jim Wells County, TX – 21 Asbestos Related Deaths|
|Johnson County, TX – 85 Asbestos Related Deaths|
|Jones County, TX – 11 Asbestos Related Deaths|
|Kaufman County, TX – 34 Asbestos Related Deaths|
|Kendall County, TX – 16 Asbestos Related Deaths|
|Kerr County, TX – 78 Asbestos Related Deaths|
|Kleberg County, TX – 17 Asbestos Related Deaths|
|Lamar County, TX – 34 Asbestos Related Deaths|
|Lampasas County, TX – 10 Asbestos Related Deaths|
|Lavaca County, TX – 10 Asbestos Related Deaths|
|Liberty County, TX – 77 Asbestos Related Deaths|
|Limestone County, TX – 12 Asbestos Related Deaths|
|Llano County, TX – 34 Asbestos Related Deaths|
|Lubbock County, TX – 69 Asbestos Related Deaths|
|Marion County, TX – 35 Asbestos Related Deaths|
|Matagorda County, TX – 20 Asbestos Related Deaths|
|Maverick County, TX – 27 Asbestos Related Deaths|
|McLennan County, TX – 198 Asbestos Related Deaths|
|Medina County, TX – 23 Asbestos Related Deaths|
|Midland County, TX – 68 Asbestos Related Deaths|
|Milam County, TX – 43 Asbestos Related Deaths|
|Montague County, TX – 10 Asbestos Related Deaths|
|Moore County, TX – 51 Asbestos Related Deaths|
|Nacogdoches County, TX – 47 Asbestos Related Deaths|
|Navarro County, TX – 34 Asbestos Related Deaths|
|Newton County, TX – 29 Asbestos Related Deaths|
|Nueces County, TX – 211 Asbestos Related Deaths|
|Orange County, TX – 298 Asbestos Related Deaths|
|Palo Pinto County, TX – 15 Asbestos Related Deaths|
|Panola County, TX – 12 Asbestos Related Deaths|
|Parker County, TX – 41 Asbestos Related Deaths|
|Polk County, TX – 79 Asbestos Related Deaths|
|Potter County, TX – 99 Asbestos Related Deaths|
|Randall County, TX – 61 Asbestos Related Deaths|
|Rockwall County, TX – 34 Asbestos Related Deaths|
|Rusk County, TX – 48 Asbestos Related Deaths|
|Sabine County, TX – 35 Asbestos Related Deaths|
|San Jacinto County, TX – 13 Asbestos Related Deaths|
|San Patricio County, TX – 57 Asbestos Related Deaths|
|Shelby County, TX – 34 Asbestos Related Deaths|
|Smith County, TX – 211 Asbestos Related Deaths|
|Starr County, TX – 31 Asbestos Related Deaths|
|Tarrant County, TX – 552 Asbestos Related Deaths|
|Taylor County, TX – 65 Asbestos Related Deaths|
|Throckmorton County, TX – 00 Asbestos Related Deaths|
|Titus County, TX – 16 Asbestos Related Deaths|
|Tom Green County, TX – 34 Asbestos Related Deaths|
|Travis County, TX – 231 Asbestos Related Deaths|
|Trinity County, TX – 35 Asbestos Related Deaths|
|Tyler County, TX – 44 Asbestos Related Deaths|
|Upshur County, TX – 43 Asbestos Related Deaths|
|Uvalde County, TX – 14 Asbestos Related Deaths|
|Val Verde County, TX – 25 Asbestos Related Deaths|
|Van Zandt County, TX – 60 Asbestos Related Deaths|
|Victoria County, TX – 86 Asbestos Related Deaths|
|Walker County, TX – 46 Asbestos Related Deaths|
|Waller County, TX – 20 Asbestos Related Deaths|
|Washington County, TX – 17 Asbestos Related Deaths|
|Webb County, TX – 120 Asbestos Related Deaths|
|Wharton County, TX – 22 Asbestos Related Deaths|
|Wichita County, TX – 65 Asbestos Related Deaths|
|Willacy County, TX – 11 Asbestos Related Deaths|
|Williamson County, TX – 203 Asbestos Related Deaths|
|Wilson County, TX – 20 Asbestos Related Deaths|
|Wise County, TX – 29 Asbestos Related Deaths|
|Wood County, TX – 46 Asbestos Related Deaths|
|Young County, TX – 10 Asbestos Related Deaths|
Jury awards $1.98 Million to a 66 year old former welder and maintenance mechanic who developed malignant mesothelioma from working at a Texas power plant and as an auto mechanic.
Asbestos Cover Up – Quotes From Asbestos Executives
“…if you have enjoyed a good life while working with asbestos products, why not die from it.” 1966 memo from an executive of the Bendix Corporation (now part of Honeywell)
In early 1940s, the president of Johns-Manville called the managers of another company “a bunch of fools for notifying employees who had asbestosis.” When asked by another corporation’s representative, “Do you mean to tell me you would let them work until they drop dead?” he responded, “Yes. We save a lot of money that way.”
Texas Mesothelioma Statistics (Asbestos-Related Deaths)
- Texas ranks 5th in the U. S. for deaths from malignant Mesothelioma.
- The mortality rate from Mesothelioma in Texas is 9.62 per million.
- 2,325Texas residents died from malignant Mesothelioma.
- 3,651 asbestos-related deaths were reported in Texas since 1979.
- Texas has a crude mortality rank of 34th in the U. S.
*Statistics on Mesothelioma and asbestos related deaths were compiled from CDC (Center for Disease Control’s National Center for Health Statistics), and NIOSH (National Institute for Occupational Safety and Health) and other cancer reporting sources.
Mesothelioma Facts and Statistics
- More than 20 million American workers have been exposed to asbestos.
- Mesothelioma cases are found in 9 out of every 1 million people.
- 3,000 new cases of Mesothelioma are diagnosed each year in the U. S.
- Each year in U. S 10,000 Americans will die from an asbestos related disease.
- 30% of U. S. Veterans will develop an asbestos-related disease in their life time.
- 1 in 125 U. S. males who live over the age of 50 will die from an asbestos-related disease.
- Experts believe 60,000 Malignant Mesothelioma deaths will occur between 2010 and 2030.
Texas Veterans and Asbestos Exposure
Military Veterans that have a 1 in 3 chance of developing an asbestos related disease in their lifetime. Veterans have the right to bring lawsuits against negligent asbestos companies for exposing them to toxic asbestos-containing products and materials.
There are 21.5 million current living Veterans according to the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs. Veterans who served between 1940 and 1970 have the greatest risk of developing Mesothelioma or an asbestos-related cancer. Navy Veterans who served during World War II and the Korean War have the highest incidence of Asbestos-related diseases.
The U.S. Military used thousands of asbestos-containing products in their ships between the 1920-late 1970’s. 14 in every 1,000 WW II shipyard workers died of an asbestos-related disease compared to 18 in every 1,000 combat related deaths.
- Mesothelioma primarily occurs in Veterans between the ages of 55-75.
- Asbestos was listed as the top contaminant at 32 U.S. Army base closures during the 1990s.
- A recent study showed that as many as 30-40% of Mesothelioma victims is U. S. Veterans.
Texas Mesothelioma Lawsuit Damages
Recent Mesothelioma Verdicts and Settlements
A Mesothelioma claim is a lawsuit filed on behalf of a victim or surviving family members as a result of hazardous exposure to asbestos.
- $1.2 Million Texas Mesothelioma Death Settlement: For a Texas man who died from Mesothelioma from exposure to drilling mud additives.
- $2 Million Texas Mesothelioma Settlement:For a Texas Welder and mechanic that developed malignant Mesothelioma.
- $10.1 Million Texas Mesothelioma Verdict: For a foundry worker from Tyler, Texas that developed Mesothelioma.
- $1.2 Million Texas Mesothelioma Death Settlement: For a Texas engineer who died from Mesothelioma.
- $1.1 Million Texas Second Hand Exposure:For a Texas woman who developed Mesothelioma from her husband’s work clothes.
- $4.2 Million Texas Mesothelioma Settlement:For a 41 year old Texas construction worker that developed mesothelioma.
- $1.1 Million Texas Veteran Mesothelioma Settlement: For a Texas Navy veteran that developed malignant mesothelioma at age 71.
- $2.9 Million Settlement:For an Engineer and Shipyard worker exposed to asbestos in Nevada.
- $1.2 Million Mesothelioma Settlement:For a 76 year old Carpenter that developed malignant Mesothelioma.
- $1.1 Million Veteran Mesothelioma Settlement:For a Navy Veteran Machinist that developed malignant Mesothelioma at age 71.
- $245,000 Asbestosis Settlement:For a Paper Mill worker suffering from Asbestosis.
- $2.5 Million Mesothelioma Settlement:For a Union Pipefitter man who died from malignant Mesothelioma.
- $2.6 Million Shipyard Worker Mesothelioma Settlement:For the family of a 72-year old Shipyard worker with Mesothelioma who suffered second hand exposure.
- $1.8 Million Mesothelioma Settlement: For a carpenter that developed malignant Mesothelioma at age 68.
- $7.5 Million Mesothelioma Verdict:For a woman that developed peritoneal Mesothelioma from laundering her husband’s work clothes.
Mesothelioma Verdicts & Settlements Nationwide
- $10.2 Million Mesothelioma Verdict: For a Paper Mill worker suffering from pleural Mesothelioma.
- $8 Million Mesothelioma Award: For a man diagnosed with Mesothelioma. Noneconomic damages and $1.5 Million for Loss of Life.
- $7.5Million Mesothelioma Verdict: For a woman that developed peritoneal Mesothelioma from laundering her husband s work clothes.
- $5 Million Navy Veteran Mesothelioma Verdict: For a Navy Boilerman who developed Mesothelioma during his service.
- $4.8 Million was awarded to a 65-year-old former plant worker who was exposed to asbestos in the household and at work.
- $4.6 Million Mesothelioma Settlement: For a union insulator that developed malignant Mesothelioma from asbestos exposure.
- $3.2 Million was awarded to a 61-year-old retired maintenance worker.
- $2.5 Million Mesothelioma Settlement: For a union pipefitter man who died from malignant Mesothelioma.
- $2.6 Million Shipyard Worker Mesothelioma Settlement: For the family of a 72-year old shipyard worker with Mesothelioma who suffered secondhand exposure.
- $2.1 Million was awarded to a 73-year-old Navy veteran and former pipefitter.
- $1.8Million Mesothelioma Settlement: For a carpenter that developed malignant Mesothelioma at age 68.
- $1.8 Million was awarded to a 75-year-old Navy veteran and retired warehouse worker.
- $1.5 Million was awarded to a 60-year-old insulator and plant worker who fell victim to mesothelioma.
- $1.5 Million was awarded to an 85-year-old former maintenance worker and electrician exposed to asbestos on the job.
- $1.4 Million was awarded to a 57-year-old furnace operator and plant worker.
- $1.4 Million was awarded to an 81-year-old former Marine and HVAC affected by mesothelioma.
- $1.2 Million Mesothelioma Settlement: For a 76-year-old carpenter that developed malignant Mesothelioma.
- $1.1 Million was awarded to a 75-year-old Army veteran and retired Laborer.
- $1.1 Million was awarded to an 82-year-old Navy veteran and former engineer exposed to asbestos on the job.
- $1 Million Veteran Mesothelioma Settlement: For a Navy veteran machinist that developed malignant Mesothelioma at age 71.
Illinois workers, military veterans, and residents have the right to sue asbestos manufacturers and companies that exposed them to Asbestos. There is more than 30 billion in 60+ asbestos trust funds for people diagnosed with mesothelioma, lung cancer and other asbestos-related diseases.
Malignant Mesothelioma has been linked to workplace asbestos exposure.
TO GET HELP – Our Nationwide Toll-Free Mesothelioma Helpline Number is 888.640.0914
Call Today to find out if you qualify for an asbestos claim!
Asbestos Exposure in Texas
Asbestos was used heavily in U. S. building trades between 1930-1980. More than 3,000 commonly used products in Texas contained toxic asbestos fibers and materials.
Texas Workers and Residents that were exposed to asbestos are at higher risk (7 times) than the general population for being diagnosed with Mesothelioma or an asbestos-related disease in their lifetime.
It can take 10-50 years after initial asbestos exposure before symptoms of Mesothelioma may appear. People that were exposed to asbestos in Texas decades ago are walking time bombs. There is no clear way of knowing if a person will develop Mesothelioma, but most people diagnosed are around 70 years of age.
If you worked in an industry in Texas that exposed you to deadly asbestos fibers a Mesothelioma lawyer can help you seek compensation for medical expenses resulting from a Mesothelioma cancer diagnosis.
When asbestos is disturbed, broken apart, cut, decayed, or damaged, it releases tiny asbestos microscopic fibrous particles that can cling to the skin, hair and clothing. These asbestos fibers are easily transferred to others where they can accumulate in the lining of lungs that cause Mesothelioma lung cancer.
Asbestos Exposure in Texas Neighborhoods Pre-1980
We Connect You with Mesothelioma Claims Lawyers in all Texas Counties
We Connect You with Mesothelioma Claims Lawyers in all Texas Cities
Malignant Mesothelioma is rare form of cancer that affects lining of the lungs, abdomen, heart, and major organs in the body. Mesothelioma is a disease in which malignant cancer cells are found in the sac lining the chest (pleura) or the abdomen (peritoneum). There are about 3,000 new malignant Mesothelioma cases diagnosed each year in the U. S. If you are experiencing any Mesothelioma symptoms you should contact a doctor immediately.
Diagnosed With Mesothelioma?
If you or a family member has been diagnosed with malignant Mesothelioma you are going to have a lot of questions about living with Mesothelioma and what legal options you have against asbestos manufacturers and asbestos companies for your asbestos exposure. Mesothelioma is a seriously deadly disease. According to the American Cancer Society with the average survival time for people with Mesothelioma is 4-18 months.
Call TOLL FREE 888.640.0914 right now to talk with a live Mesothelioma Counselor that can answer many of your questions and give you the peace of mind that you need.
Family Member Died From Mesothelioma?
If you have a family member that has died from Mesothelioma cancer you should immediately consult with an experienced Mesothelioma diagnosis lawyer about what compensation may be available to you from asbestos trust funds that total more than 30 billion dollars.
It is VERY IMPORTANT that you file your Mesothelioma claim within your states Statute of Limitations.
We have seen many families lose their right to file a lawsuit because their Statute of Limitations had expired while they were grieving. We know it is a tough time to grieve the loss of a loved one, but please do not let your Statute of Limitations expire for filing your Mesothelioma lawsuit. In most states the Statute of Limitations is 2-3 years. Some states have 6 year Statute of Limitations.
Mesothelioma Latency Period
Mesothelioma has a long latency period of 10-50 years. Many Veterans, Shipyard Workers, Construction Workers, Power Plant Workers, Mill Workers, Steel Workers, Railroad Workers, Pipefitters, Insulators, Electricians, Carpenters, Welders, Auto Mechanics, Veterans, Factory Workers, and laborers are living in the early stages of a variety of asbestos related diseases. Many Mesothelioma lawyers will not accept asbestosis, asbestos lung cancer, pleural plaques, pleural thickening, colon cancer and esophageal cancer cases.
There is More Than 30 Billion Dollars Set Aside for Mesothelioma and Asbestos Victims in Asbestos Bankruptcy Trusts
Need a Mesothelioma Lawyer in Texas?
If you or a family member has been diagnosed with Mesothelioma or an asbestos related disease, we can help you start a Mesothelioma lawsuit against asbestos companies responsible for your injuries. Our experienced nationwide Mesothelioma lawyers will come to you.
Call our Mesothelioma Toll Free Helpline at 888.640.0914 and get help today!
24 Hour Live Chat Available >>> See Chat button on right side of page.
We can usually tell within a few minutes whether we can help you, and if we can’t, maybe direct you to someone who can. We are always accessible by phone, email and online chat.
We are always available to answer your questions with a phone call and will always keep you informed. We will do everything we can to ensure that you receive the highest compensation for your injuries.
If you have a legal question about a Mesothelioma lawsuit, you don’t have to come into our office. Call us, and you’ll speak directly to a lawyer, and if a lawyer is not available, your call will be returned as quickly as possible.
Fill out our free Mesothelioma case evaluation form and an experienced mesothelioma lawyer will call you to immediately start processing your claim at no cost to you.