Track Products: Mesothelioma Lawsuits
Workers and laborers who used Track products that contained asbestos may have unknowingly breathed or ingested tiny asbestos particles that may be affecting their health. Asbestos becomes dangerous when it is airborne. People installing, removing or replacing asbestos containing products are most at risk of developing an asbestos disease in their lifetime. Asbestos fibers can be smaller than .03 microns which is hard to see without a microscope.
Thousands of asbestos-containing products and materials were used throughout all States. More than 20 million American workers have been exposed to asbestos with the heaviest usage in the U. S. was during 1930-1980. Mesothelioma and other asbestos-related cancers can lay dormant in people for 10-50 years.
Track Products and Asbestos Exposure
Millions of Americans were exposed to toxic asbestos fibers and dust from more than 3,000 asbestos-containing products and materials. Many of these products still exist in in old buildings, residential homes, shopping centers, churches, industrial plants, factories, power plants, chemical plants, refineries, shipyards and manufacturing plants.
Asbestos dust is most dangerous when inhaled or ingested. During 1930-1980 many U. S. workers were daily exposed to toxic asbestos dust and fibers where they inhaled and ingested them without any protection in their workplace.
Patients diagnosed with Mesothelioma have complained that they were not given any warning, training or respiratory protective gear when handling, installing, loading, repairing, or removing asbestos-containing products when using them in many building trades.
Workers diagnosed with Mesothelioma from toxic exposure to asbestos containing Track products and materials may be eligible for financial compensation with the help of an experienced Mesothelioma lawyer.
Asbestos Exposure and Mesothelioma
Asbestos manufacturers knew as far back as the early 1920’s that asbestos caused asbestosis and the first case of Malignant Mesothelioma was definitively linked to asbestos exposure in workers and laborers in 1964.
More than 600,000 asbestos and Mesothelioma cases have been brought against asbestos manufacturers and distributors, claiming the companies failed to protect workers and laborers from harmful asbestos contamination, and failed to warn workers about health risks.
The World health Organization reported that there have been 92,253 mesothelioma deaths (and counting) reported by 83 countries.
Mesothelioma cancer has 4 stages and rarely diagnosed in stages 1 and 2 because it looks like many other diseases like COPD, a chronic cough, the flu and pneumonia. If you have a history of work-related asbestos exposure you should be checked each year by a qualified doctor.
Products Containing Asbestos – Pre-1980
Workers and people that were exposed to asbestos products are at higher risk than the general population for being diagnosed with Mesothelioma or an asbestos-related disease in their lifetime.
Inside Office Workers and Mesothelioma
Industrial workers were not only exposed to asbestos working at outside job sites, plants and factories they were also exposed inside of company offices. Asbestos was used throughout office buildings pre 1980 in pipes, insulation, drywall, paints, wiring, floors, tiles, wallboards, cements, glues, adhesives along with 3,000 other products used on a daily basis. If you have a history of work-related asbestos exposure you should be checked each year by a qualified doctor. Office workers exposed to asbestos includes;
|Administrators||Data Entry Workers|
|Analysts||Human Resource Workers|
|Billing & Posting Workers||Planners|
|Book & Record Keeping||Public Relation Workers|
|Chief Executive Officers||Representatives|
|Collectors||Secretary – Secretaries|
Have A Question About Compensation?
Our Mesothelioma Patient Advocates can answer questions about trust funds, treatments, settlements and other types of mesothelioma compensation.
Chat Now – Click Chat Banner to Start a Live Chat!
Call Now – Our Nationwide Toll Free Mesothelioma Helpline Number is 888.640.0914
List of Industrial Plant Work & Labor Duties
Military Veterans and Asbestos Exposure
Military Veterans have a 1 in 3 chance of developing an asbestos related disease in their lifetime. Veterans and laborers have the right to bring lawsuits against negligent asbestos companies for exposing them to toxic asbestos-containing products and materials.
There are 21.5 million current living Veterans according to the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs. Veterans who served between 1940 and 1970 have the greatest risk of developing Mesothelioma or an asbestos-related cancer. Navy Veterans who served during World War II and the Korean War have the highest incidence of Asbestos-related diseases.
The U.S. Military used thousands of asbestos-containing products in their ships between the 1920-late 1970’s. 14 in every 1,000 WW II shipyard workers died of an asbestos-related disease compared to 18 in every 1,000 combat related deaths.
- Mesothelioma primarily occurs in Veterans between the ages of 55-75.
- Asbestos was listed as the top contaminant at 32 U.S. Army base closures during the 1990s.
- A recent study showed that as many as 30-40% of Mesothelioma victims is U. S. Veterans.
Evidence Required to File for an Asbestos claim may Include:
- Diagnosis– Medical documentation (pathology reports).
- Physician Statement– From a qualified physician regarding Mesothelioma diagnosis.
- Exposure Evidence– Product information, witness affidavits, employment records, invoices.
Asbestos Cover up – Quotes from Asbestos Executives
Evidence in thousands of court documents have shown that asbestos companies hid and destroyed memos, documents and ignored doctor’s medical reports about the dangers of asbestos exposure. Despite all of the information about the deadly dangers of asbestos exposure available in the scientific and medical literature asbestos companies chose not to take any action to protect workers.
They chose profit over the safety of their workers and then lied and covered it up. This is why U. S. Courts are making asbestos manufacturers and companies pay millions to asbestos victims for their asbestos cover up.
- “…if you have enjoyed a good life while working with asbestos products, why not die from it.”1966 memo from an executive of the Bendix Corporation (now part of Honeywell)
- In early 1940s, the president of Johns-Manville called the managers of another company “a bunch of fools for notifying employees who had asbestosis.”When asked by another company executive, “Do you mean to tell me you would let them work until they drop dead?” he responded, “Yes. We save a lot of money that way.”
Mesothelioma has been medically linked to workplace asbestos exposure.
Recent Mesothelioma Verdicts and Settlements
A Mesothelioma claim is a lawsuit filed on behalf of a victim or surviving family members as a result of hazardous exposure to asbestos.
- $4.6 Million Mesothelioma Settlement:For a Union Insulator that developed malignant Mesothelioma from asbestos exposure.
- $10.2 Million Mesothelioma Verdict:For a Paper Mill worker suffering from pleural Mesothelioma.
- $4.9 Million Settlement:For a man diagnosed with Pleural Mesothelioma from asbestos exposure in workplace.
- $3.9 Million Settlement:For an Engineer exposed to asbestos on Wyoming jobsites.
- $2.9 Million Settlement:For an Engineer and Shipyard worker exposed to asbestos in Shipyards.
- $1.2 Million Mesothelioma Settlement:For a 76-year-old Carpenter that developed malignant Mesothelioma.
- $1.1 Million Veteran Mesothelioma Settlement:For a Navy Veteran Machinist that developed malignant Mesothelioma at age 71.
- $245,000 Asbestosis Settlement:For a Paper Mill worker suffering from Asbestosis.
- $2.5 Million Mesothelioma Settlement:For a Union Pipefitter man who died from malignant Mesothelioma.
- $2.6 Million Shipyard Worker Mesothelioma Settlement:For a 72-year old Shipyard worker with Mesothelioma who suffered second hand exposure.
- $1.8 Million Mesothelioma Settlement: For a carpenter that developed malignant Mesothelioma at age 68.
- $7.5 Million Mesothelioma Verdict:For a woman that developed peritoneal Mesothelioma from laundering her husband’s work clothes.
Malignant Mesothelioma has been linked to workplace asbestos exposure.
TO GET HELP – Our Nationwide Toll Free Mesothelioma Helpline Number is 888.640.0914
Median Survival Rate for Mesothelioma Patients by Stage
Mesothelioma Symptoms Include:
- Chest Pain
- Chronic Cough
- Difficulty Breathing
- Difficulty Swallowing
- Fluid Build-up in Lungs
- Heart Palpitations
- Heart Murmurs
- Irregular Heartbeat (arrhythmia)
- Night Sweats
- Orthopnea (Dyspnea When Lying Down)
- Shortness of Breath
- Thickening of Pericardial Layers
Diagnosed With Mesothelioma?
If you or a family member has been diagnosed with malignant Mesothelioma you are going to have a lot of questions about living with Mesothelioma and what legal options you have against asbestos manufacturers and asbestos companies for your asbestos exposure. Mesothelioma is a seriously deadly disease. According to the American Cancer Society with the average survival time for people with Mesothelioma is 4-18 months.
Call TOLL FREE 888.640.0914 right now to talk with a live Mesothelioma Counselor that can answer many of your questions and give you the peace of mind that you need.
Family Member Died From Mesothelioma?
If you have a family member that has died from Mesothelioma cancer you should immediately consult with an experienced Mesothelioma diagnosis lawyer about what compensation may be available to you from asbestos trust funds that total more than 30 billion dollars.
It is VERY IMPORTANT that you file your Mesothelioma claim within your states Statute of Limitations.
We have seen many families lose their right to file a lawsuit because their Statute of Limitations had expired while they were grieving. We know it is a tough time to grieve the loss of a loved one, but please do not let your Statute of Limitations expire for filing your Mesothelioma lawsuit. In most states the Statute of Limitations is 2-3 years. Some states have 6 year Statute of Limitations.
Track Products and Mesothelioma Damages
Mesothelioma Lawyers: Track Products
If you or a family member has been diagnosed with Mesothelioma or an asbestos related disease, we can help you start a Mesothelioma lawsuit against asbestos companies responsible for your injuries. Our experienced nationwide Mesothelioma lawyers will come to you.
We can usually tell within a few minutes whether we can help you, and if we can’t, maybe direct you to someone who can. We are always accessible by phone, email and online chat.
We are always available to answer your questions with a phone call and will always keep you informed. We will do everything we can to ensure that you receive the highest compensation for your injuries.
Have A Question About Asbestos Trust Funds?
Our Mesothelioma Patient Advocates can answer questions about trust funds, treatments, settlements and other types of Mesothelioma Trust Funds.
Call our Mesothelioma Toll Free Helpline at 888.640.0914 and get help today!
24 Hour Live Chat Available >>> See Chat button on right side of page.
24 Hour Call Back Guarantee!
If you have a legal question about a Mesothelioma lawsuit, you don’t have to come into our office. Call us, and you’ll speak directly to a lawyer, and if a lawyer is not available, your call will be returned as quickly as possible.
Fill out our free Mesothelioma case evaluation form and an experienced mesothelioma lawyer will call you to immediately start processing your claim at no cost to you.
ASBESTOS EXPOSURE: TRACK PRODUCTS: MESOTHELIOMA LAWYERS