Western Asbestos Settlement Trust
Asbestos Trust Funds Claims and Mesothelioma
What are Asbestos Trust Funds?
Asbestos Settlement Trusts were established to help compensate workers and their families for asbestos exposure which causes Mesothelioma and other asbestos-related diseases. When an Asbestos company establishes a Trust Fund all settlements are managed by trustees that decide the compensation amounts paid to Mesothelioma claimants. U. S. Courts allow Asbestos defendants to file for protection under a legal process known as bankruptcy reorganization. This allows the company to pay claims and stay in business.
- There are close to 60 Asbestos Trust Funds set up by U. S. Courts.
- Asbestos bankruptcy reorganization can be a lengthy process that can span several years.
- Asbestos Trusts publish additional information about their Trust guidelines, qualifications and rules.
- Representatives of current and future Mesothelioma claimants must consent to any significant changes to these trusts.
- Since 1988, Asbestos trusts have paid out about $17.5 billion representing more than 3 million claims.
- Since 2011, Asbestos Trust Funds have combined assets of $36.8 billion.
- Since 2010, the average percentage paid per asbestos victim is 25 percent of a claim.
- Asbestos Trust Funds set Statutes of Limitations that only allow a certain amount of time to file an Asbestos claim.
- Mesothelioma Claimants can sometimes file both Asbestos Trust lawsuits and Asbestos claims.
- S. Court must approve the amount that is set aside before the Asbestos Company will be granted bankruptcy protection.
Western Asbestos Settlement Trust
About The Trust
The Western Asbestos Settlement Trust was established pursuant to an order of the United States Bankruptcy Court, Northern District of California, Oakland Division under special provisions of the United States Bankruptcy Code to accept and resolve Asbestos claims arising out of operations of the MacArthur Company, Western Asbestos Company and Western MacArthur Company. The Court determined the size of the assets contributed to the Trust, the way in which claims will be settled, and certain investment parameters. The size of the awards to claimants was determined independently by the Court and is based upon a matrix that considers exposure, nature of illness, and other factors. The goal of the Trust is to treat all claimants equitably.
The Court appointed three Trustees to administer the Trust and the Trust assets in accordance with the Trust Agreement. A Trust Advisory Committee (TAC), which is made up of representatives of plaintiffs’ counsel, and a court-appointed Futures Representative are also responsible for working with the Trustees to insure that the Trust is administered properly. The Trustees consult with the TAC and Futures Representative on certain matters regarding implementation and administration of the Trust.
Headquarters of the Western Asbestos Settlement Trust
300 East Second Street, Suite 1410
Reno, Nevada 89501
It is very important to contact a Mesothelioma lawyer soon after you have been diagnosed with Mesothelioma. The only known cause of this Mesothelioma is exposure to asbestos. Mesothelioma is a progressive disease, with a 10-50 year latency period developing over years or even decades in many patients. Therefore, your statute of limitations does not begin with the time of exposure. Rather, it begins with your diagnosis that you have Mesothelioma.
If you have been diagnosed with Mesothelioma, you have legal rights. But you need to act quickly, because the statute of limitations in most states is 1-3 years.
Mesothelioma and Asbestos Exposure
- Malignant Mesothelioma is commonly diagnosed in people between the ages of 50 and 75 years old.
- There are 2,500-3,000 malignant Mesothelioma cases diagnosed each year in the United States.
- 1 in 3 U. S. military veterans will develop an asbestos related disease in their lifetime.
Malignant Mesothelioma has been linked to workplace asbestos exposure.
Have A Question About Compensation?
Our Mesothelioma Patient Advocates can answer questions about trust funds, treatments, settlements and other types of Mesothelioma compensation.
Chat Now – Click Chat Banner to Start a Live Chat!
Call Now – Our Nationwide Toll Free Mesothelioma Helpline Number is 888.640.0914
Evidence Required to File for an Asbestos claim may Include:
Diagnosis – Medical documentation (pathology reports).
Physician Statement – From a qualified physician regarding Mesothelioma diagnosis.
Exposure Evidence – Product information, witness affidavits, employment records, invoices.
Western Asbestos Settlement Trust and Mesothelioma Claims
A person diagnosed with Mesothelioma may be entitled to recover compensation for the following:
Other Factors that May Affect the Value of Your Mesothelioma case Include:
- Age, Gender, Location, and Work History
- History of Military Service
- Pain and Suffering
- Where Asbestos Exposure Occurred
- How Many Asbestos Products are involved with Your Exposure
There Are 4 Primary Types of Mesothelioma Claims:
- Product Liability– Can be filed against companies that manufactured and distributed asbestos products.
- Medical Malpractice– Can be filed against doctors or hospitals if they misdiagnose, or delay your diagnosis of Mesothelioma.
- Workers Compensation– Can be filed against an employer if you were exposed to asbestos while on the job.
- Wrongful Death– Can be filed against asbestos manufacturers, asbestos distributors, or an employer of a product containing asbestos that directly caused a person’s death if their actions constituted gross negligence for a deceased worker’s safety.
How a Mesothelioma Attorney Can Help
An Experienced Mesothelioma attorney will take the following steps to ensure that you receive just and fair compensation for your injuries:
- A Mesothelioma lawyer will help you recover costly mesothelioma medical expenses.
- A Mesothelioma lawyer will help you recover loss of income.
- A Mesothelioma lawyer will help you get diagnosed with proper medical testing.
- A Mesothelioma lawyer will help you sort out which asbestos companies are liable in your Mesothelioma claim.
- A Mesothelioma lawyer will help you obtain old records, legal documents and work records that are important to your case.
- A Mesothelioma lawyer will help you identify asbestos-containing products used in your workplace or home.
- A Mesothelioma Lawyer will guide you through each step of the legal process and answer any questions you may have.
- A Mesothelioma lawyer will provide expert witnesses that have testified in other Mesothelioma cases.
- A Mesothelioma lawyer will make sure that your claim is filed within your states statute of limitations.
- A Mesothelioma will check your eligibility to see if you qualify for asbestos bankruptcy trust funds.
An experienced Mesothelioma lawyer will help you to file a Mesothelioma lawsuit to hold negligent asbestos manufacturers and asbestos companies accountable for the severe pain and suffering that comes with a Mesothelioma cancer diagnosis.
Recent Mesothelioma Verdicts
- $4.6 Million Mesothelioma Settlement: For a union insulator that developed malignant Mesothelioma from asbestos exposure.
- $10.2 Million Mesothelioma Verdict: For a Paper Mill worker suffering from pleural Mesothelioma.
- $8 Million Mesothelioma Award: For a man diagnosed with Mesothelioma. NonAsbestos Trust Funds and $1.5 Million for Asbestos Trust Funds.
- $1.2 Million Mesothelioma Settlement: For a 76 year old carpenter that developed malignant Mesothelioma.
- $1.1 Million Veteran Mesothelioma Settlement: For a Navy veteran machinist that developed malignant Mesothelioma at age 71.
- $245,000 Asbestosis Settlement: For a Paper mill worker suffering from Asbestosis.
- $2.5 Million Mesothelioma Settlement: For a union pipefitter man who died from malignant Mesothelioma.
- $2.6 Million Shipyard Worker Mesothelioma Settlement: For the family of a 72-year old shipyard worker with Mesothelioma who suffered second hand exposure.
- $5 Million Navy Veteran Mesothelioma Verdict: For a Navy Boilerman who developed Mesothelioma during his service.
- $1.8 Million Mesothelioma Settlement: For a carpenter that developed malignant Mesothelioma at age 68.
- $7.5 Million Mesothelioma Verdict: For a woman that developed peritoneal Mesothelioma from laundering her husband’s work clothes.
Malignant Mesothelioma has been linked to workplace asbestos exposure.
TO GET HELP – Our Nationwide Toll Free Mesothelioma Helpline Number is 888.640.0914
Malignant Mesothelioma is rare form of cancer that affects lining of the lungs, abdomen, heart, and major organs in the body. Mesothelioma is a disease in which malignant cancer cells are found in the sac lining the chest (pleura) or the abdomen (peritoneum). There are about 3,000 new malignant Mesothelioma cases diagnosed each year in the U. S. If you are experiencing any Mesothelioma symptoms you should contact a doctor immediately.
Diagnosed With Mesothelioma?
If you or a family member has been diagnosed with malignant Mesothelioma you are going to have a lot of questions about living with Mesothelioma and what legal options you have against asbestos manufacturers and asbestos companies for your asbestos exposure. Mesothelioma is a seriously deadly disease. According to the American Cancer Society with the average survival time for people with Mesothelioma is 4-18 months.
Call TOLL FREE 888.640.0914 right now to talk with a live Mesothelioma Counselor that can answer many of your questions and give you the peace of mind that you need.
Family Member Died From Mesothelioma?
If you have a family member that has died from Mesothelioma cancer you should immediately consult with an experienced Mesothelioma diagnosis lawyer about what compensation may be available to you from asbestos trust funds that total more than 30 billion dollars.
It is VERY IMPORTANT that you file your Mesothelioma claim within your states Statute of Limitations.
We have seen many families lose their right to file a lawsuit because their Statute of Limitations had expired while they were grieving. We know it is a tough time to grieve the loss of a loved one, but please do not let your Statute of Limitations expire for filing your Mesothelioma lawsuit. In most states the Statute of Limitations is 2-3 years. Some states have 6 year Statute of Limitations.
Mesothelioma Latency Period
Mesothelioma has a long latency period of 10-50 years. Many Veterans, Shipyard Workers, Construction Workers, Power Plant Workers, Mill Workers, Steel Workers, Railroad Workers, Pipefitters, Insulators, Electricians, Carpenters, Welders, Auto Mechanics, Veterans, Factory Workers, and laborers are living in the early stages of a variety of asbestos related diseases. Many Mesothelioma lawyers will not accept asbestosis, asbestos lung cancer, pleural plaques, pleural thickening, colon cancer and esophageal cancer cases.
There is More Than 30 Billion Dollars Set Aside for Mesothelioma and Asbestos Victims in Asbestos Bankruptcy Trusts
Need a Mesothelioma Lawyer?
If you or a family member has been diagnosed with Mesothelioma or an asbestos related disease, we can help you start a Mesothelioma lawsuit against asbestos companies responsible for your injuries. Our experienced nationwide Mesothelioma lawyers will come to you.
Call our Mesothelioma Toll Free Helpline at 888.640.0914 and get help today!
24 Hour Live Chat Available >>> See Chat button on right side of page.
We can usually tell within a few minutes whether we can help you, and if we can’t, maybe direct you to someone who can. We are always accessible by phone, email and online chat.
We are always available to answer your questions with a phone call and will always keep you informed. We will do everything we can to ensure that you receive the highest compensation for your injuries.
If you have a legal question about a Mesothelioma lawsuit, you don’t have to come into our office. Call us, and you’ll speak directly to a lawyer, and if a lawyer is not available, your call will be returned as quickly as possible.
Asbestos Trust Funds and Mesothelioma
|A & I Corporation Bodily Injury Trust|
|ABB Lummus Asbestos Trust Fund|
|ABB Lummus Asbestos Trust Fund|
|A-Best Asbestos Settlement Trust|
|AC&S Asbestos Settlement Trust|
|AP Green Industries Asbestos Trust Fund|
|APG Asbestos Trust|
|Armstrong World Industries Asbestos Trust Fund|
|ARTRA Asbestos Trust|
|Asbestos Claims Management Corp Asbestos Trust Fund|
|Babcock & Wilcox Asbestos Trust|
|Bartells Asbestos Settlement Trust|
|Brauer Asbestos Trust|
|C. E. Thurston and Sons Asbestos Trust|
|Celotex Asbestos Settlement Trust|
|Combustion Engineering Asbestos Trust Fund|
|Congoleum Plan Trust|
|Eagle Picher Asbestos Trust Fund|
|Fibreboard Asbestos Trust Fund|
|G-1 Asbestos Settlement Trust|
|GAF Asbestos Trust Fund|
|Garrison Litigation Management Asbestos Trust Fund|
|Governement Asbestos Trust Fund|
|H. K. Porter Asbestos Trust|
|Halliburton Asbestos Trust Fund|
|Harbison Walker Asbestos Trust Fund|
|Hercules Asbestos Trust Fund|
|J. T. Thorpe Company Settlement Trust|
|Kaiser Asbestos Personal Injury Trust|
|Keene Creditors Trust|
|Leslie Controls Asbestos Trust Fund|
|Lykes Tort Claim Trust|
|Manville Personal Injury Settlement Trust|
|NARCO Asbestos Trust Fund|
|National Gypsum Asbestos Trust Fund|
|NGC Bodily Injury Trust|
|Owens Corning Fiberglas Asbestos Trust Fund|
|Plibrico Asbestos Trust Fund|
|Raytech (Raybestos) Asbestos Trust Fund|
|Shook and Fletcher Asbestos Settlement Trust|
|Stone and Webster Asbestos Trust|
|Swan Asbestos and Silica Settlement Trust|
|THAN Asbestos Trust Fund|
|Thorp Insulation Asbestos Trust Fund|
|Turner & Newell Asbestos Trust Fund|
|United States Gypsum Asbestos Trust Fund|
|United States Mineral Asbestos Trust Fund|
|UNR Asbestos-Disease Claims Trust|
|Western Asbestos Settlement Trust|
24 Hour Call Back Guarantee!
Fill out our free Mesothelioma case evaluation form and an experienced Mesothelioma lawyer will call you to immediately start processing your claim at no cost to you.