Need a Mesothelioma Attorney in California?
Residents and workers in California were exposed to toxic asbestos dust and fibers with highest exposure years being between, 1920-1980. Mesothelioma and asbestos-related cancers are typically diagnosed 10-50 years after initial exposure.
Thousands of asbestos-containing products and materials were used throughout the state of California in buildings, residential buildings, industrial plants, factories, power plants, chemical plants, refineries, shipyards and manufacturing plants.
California shipyard workers, construction workers, mechanics, power plant workers, mill workers, steel workers, railroad workers, pipefitters, plumbers, Insulators, electricians, and laborers are at higher risk than the general population for being diagnosed with Mesothelioma or an asbestos-related disease in their lifetime.
There were 21,338 asbestos related deaths in California (3,997 Mesothelioma) from 1999-2013 – EWG Action Fund 2015 Study.
California Asbestos Exposure Hot Spots
More than 1,104,000 tons of asbestos shipments were received in the state of California. High asbestos exposure was in shipyards, power plants, steel mills, iron mills, oil refineries, and construction sites in Los Angeles, San Diego, San Francisco, Long Beach and Sacramento.
Asbestos-containing products and materials were used throughout California included; asbestos ceiling & floor tiles, asbestos mixed in paints, asbestos mixed in cement, asbestos used in boilers, asbestos used electrical wiring, roofing materials, plumbing pipes & gaskets, attic insulation, heating and air-conditioning products, car and truck brakes, welding equipment, fire retardant clothing & gloves, drywall, fiberboard, wallboard, asbestos tape, vinyl flooring, fireproofing materials, fireplaces, ovens, etc.
California Mesothelioma Statistics (Asbestos-Related Deaths)
- California ranks 1st in the U. S. for deaths from malignant Mesothelioma.
- The mortality rate from Mesothelioma in California is 10.2 per million.
- 3,795 California residents died from malignant Mesothelioma.
- 5,792 asbestos-related deaths were reported in California since 1979.
- Los Angeles, CA has more than 1200 asbestos-related deaths and more than 900 Mesothelioma Deaths.
- California has a crude mortality rank of 5th in the U. S.
*Statistics on Mesothelioma and asbestos related deaths were compiled from CDC (Center for Disease Control’s National Center for Health Statistics), and NIOSH (National Institute for Occupational Safety and Health) and other cancer reporting sources.
Mesothelioma Facts and Statistics
- More than 20 million American workers have been exposed to asbestos.
- Mesothelioma cases are found in 9 out of every 1 million people.
- 3,000 new cases of Mesothelioma are diagnosed each year in the U. S.
- Each year in U. S 10,000 Americans will die from an asbestos related disease.
- 30% of U. S. Veterans will develop an asbestos-related disease in their life time.
- 1 in 125 U. S. males who live over the age of 50 will die from an asbestos-related disease.
- Experts believe 60,000 Malignant Mesothelioma deaths will occur between 2010 and 2030.
California Veterans and Asbestos Exposure
Military Veterans that have a 1 in 3 chance of developing an asbestos related disease in their lifetime. Veterans have the right to bring lawsuits against negligent asbestos companies for exposing them to toxic asbestos-containing products and materials.
There are 21.5 million current living Veterans according to the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs. Veterans who served between 1940 and 1970 have the greatest risk of developing Mesothelioma or an asbestos-related cancer. Navy Veterans who served during World War II and the Korean War have the highest incidence of Asbestos-related diseases.
The U.S. Military used thousands of asbestos-containing products in their ships between the 1920-late 1970’s. 14 in every 1,000 WW II shipyard workers died of an asbestos-related disease compared to 18 in every 1,000 combat related deaths.
- Mesothelioma primarily occurs in Veterans between the ages of 55-75.
- Asbestos was listed as the top contaminant at 32 U.S. Army base closures during the 1990s.
- A recent study showed that as many as 30-40% of Mesothelioma victims is U. S. Veterans.
California Mesothelioma Jury Awards, Verdicts & Settlements
A California Mesothelioma claim is a lawsuit filed on behalf of a victim or surviving family members as a result of hazardous exposure to asbestos.
- $2.5 Million Mesothelioma Verdict for a Pipe Manufacturing Plant Worker against the asbestos-cement pipe manufacturer, J-M A/C Pipe Co.
- $20 Million Mesothelioma Verdict for woman exposed to asbestos in her family home against maker of asbestos-insulation materials, Hill Brothers Chemical Co.
- $20 Million Verdict for an Entertainment Performer Against Koch Industries subsidiary, Georgia-Pacific.
- $11.5 Million Mesothelioma Verdict for a Construction Project Estimator against manufacturer of enameled cement asbestos board, Eternit, Inc.
- $11 Million Mesothelioma Wrongful Death Verdict for an Automotive Parts Man with Mesothelioma against brake and hydraulic manufacturing companies; Pneumo Abex LLC. And ArvinMeritor, Inc.
- $10 Million Mesothelioma Verdict for Welder against asbestos insulation supplier Plant Insulation Company.
- $32 Million Mesothelioma Suit for a former machinist against Amcord Inc, maker of asbestos-containing gun plastic cement, Amcord, Inc. manufactured the Riverside plastic cement products.
- $13.2 Verdict for Retired San Francisco Electrician against manufacturer of joint compounds, Kaiser Gypsum Company, Inc.
- $48 Million Mesothelioma Verdict for a Construction Contractor against Union Carbide Corporation (UCC), a subsidiary of Dow Chemical Company.
- $32.8 Million Mesothelioma Verdict for former Machinist against American Optical Corporation.
- $1.9 Million Mesothelioma Verdict for Brickmason against manufacturer of asbestos-containing joint compounds, Kaiser Gypsum Company, Inc.
- $41.2 Million Mesothelioma Verdict for a Plumber against manufacturer of joint compounds and wallboard materials, Kaiser Gypsum Company, Inc.
- $3.4 Million Mesothelioma Verdict for a Transite plant worker against Johns–Manville Plant Worker Johns–Manville and Advocate Mines Limited.
- $8.4 Million Dollar Mesothelioma Verdict for Former Drywaller with Mesothelioma against Hamilton Materials, Inc.
- $70.8 Million Mesothelioma Verdict for a Machinist Mate & Nuclear Inspector against asbestos packing and gasket manufacturer, Against John Crane Inc.
- $20 Million Asbestos Cancer Verdict against asbestos-containing joint compound manufacturing companies; Georgia Pacific Georgia Pacific, Bondex, Kaiser Gypsum and Durabond joint compound, and CertainTeed construction products.
California Workers and Residents Have the Right to Sue Manufacturers that exposed them to Asbestos.
|California Asbestos Exposure Job Sites|
|California Asbestos Exposure Products|
|California Mesothelioma Statute of Limitations|
|California Veterans Mesothelioma Lawyer|
|California Workers Mesothelioma Lawyers|
California Asbestos Related Deaths
|Alameda County, CA – 787 Asbestos Related Deaths (1999-2013)|
|Amador County, CA – 75 Asbestos Related Deaths (1999-2013)|
|Butte County, CA – 177 Asbestos Related Deaths (1999-2013)|
|Calaveras County, CA – 58 Asbestos Related Deaths (1999-2013)|
|Colusa County, CA – 10 Asbestos Related Deaths (1999-2013)|
|Contra Costa County, CA – 902 Asbestos Related Deaths (1999-2013)|
|Del Norte County, CA – 13 Asbestos Related Deaths (1999-2013)|
|El Dorado County, CA – 157 Asbestos Related Deaths (1999-2013)|
|Fresno County, CA – 457 Asbestos Related Deaths (1999-2013)|
|Glenn County, CA – 13 Asbestos Related Deaths (1999-2013)|
|Humboldt County, CA – 68 Asbestos Related Deaths (1999-2013)|
|Imperial County, CA – 56 Asbestos Related Deaths (1999-2013)|
|Kern County, CA – 295 Asbestos Related Deaths (1999-2013)|
|Kings County, CA – 69 Asbestos Related Deaths (1999-2013)|
|Lake County, CA – 135 Asbestos Related Deaths (1999-2013)|
|Lassen County, CA – 16 Asbestos Related Deaths (1999-2013)|
|Los Angeles County, CA – 3,970 Asbestos Related Deaths (1999-2013)|
|Madera County, CA – 73 Asbestos Related Deaths (1999-2013)|
|Marin County, CA – 226 Asbestos Related Deaths (1999-2013)|
|Mendocino County, CA – 99 Asbestos Related Deaths (1999-2013)|
|Merced County, CA – 85 Asbestos Related Deaths (1999-2013)|
|Monterey County, CA – 179 Asbestos Related Deaths (1999-2013)|
|Napa County, CA – 226 Asbestos Related Deaths (1999-2013)|
|Nevada County, CA – 141 Asbestos Related Deaths (1999-2013)|
|Orange County, CA – 1,906 Asbestos Related Deaths (1999-2013)|
|Placer County, CA – 361 Asbestos Related Deaths (1999-2013)|
|Plumas County, CA – 10 Asbestos Related Deaths (1999-2013)|
|Riverside County, CA – 1,109 Asbestos Related Deaths (1999-2013)|
|Sacramento County, CA – 811 Asbestos Related Deaths (1999-2013)|
|San Benito County, CA – 50 Asbestos Related Deaths (1999-2013)|
|San Bernardino County, CA – 879 Asbestos Related Deaths (1999-2013)|
|San Diego County, CA – 2,321 Asbestos Related Deaths (1999-2013)|
|San Francisco County, CA – 481 Asbestos Related Deaths (1999-2013)|
|San Joaquin County, CA – 461 Asbestos Related Deaths (1999-2013)|
|San Luis Obispo County, CA – 283 Asbestos Related Deaths (1999-2013)|
|San Mateo County, CA – 615 Asbestos Related Deaths (1999-2013)|
|Santa Barbara County, CA – 308 Asbestos Related Deaths (1999-2013)|
|Santa Clara County, CA – 895 Asbestos Related Deaths (1999-2013)|
|Santa Cruz County, CA – 208 Asbestos Related Deaths (1999-2013)|
|Shasta County, CA – 138 Asbestos Related Deaths (1999-2013)|
|Siskiyou County, CA – 89 Asbestos Related Deaths (1999-2013)|
|Solano County, CA – 377 Asbestos Related Deaths (1999-2013)|
|Sonoma County, CA – 487 Asbestos Related Deaths (1999-2013)|
|Stanislaus County, CA – 310 Asbestos Related Deaths (1999-2013)|
|Sutter County, CA – 42 Asbestos Related Deaths (1999-2013)|
|Tehama County, CA – 69 Asbestos Related Deaths (1999-2013)|
|Tulare County, CA – 166 Asbestos Related Deaths (1999-2013)|
|Tuolumne County, CA – 73 Asbestos Related Deaths (1999-2013)|
|Ventura County, CA – 515 Asbestos Related Deaths (1999-2013)|
|Yolo County, CA – 102 Asbestos Related Deaths (1999-2013)|
|Yuba County, CA – 43 Asbestos Related Deaths (1999-2013)|
|Source: EWG Group 2015 Study|
Asbestos Cover Up – Quotes From Asbestos Executives
“…if you have enjoyed a good life while working with asbestos products, why not die from it.” 1966 memo from an executive of the Bendix Corporation (now part of Honeywell)
In early 1940s, the president of Johns-Manville called the managers of another company “a bunch of fools for notifying employees who had asbestosis.” When asked by another corporation’s representative, “Do you mean to tell me you would let them work until they drop dead?” he responded, “Yes. We save a lot of money that way.”
California Workers and Residents Have the Right to Sue Manufacturers that Exposed them to Asbestos.
We Connect You with Mesothelioma Claims Lawyers in all California Counties
We Connect You with Mesothelioma Claims Lawyers in all California Cities
There is NO CHARGE FOR YOUR CALL OR THE CONSULTATION
Malignant Mesothelioma is rare form of cancer that affects lining of the lungs, abdomen, heart, and major organs in the body. Mesothelioma is a disease in which malignant cancer cells are found in the sac lining the chest (pleura) or the abdomen (peritoneum). There are about 3,000 new malignant Mesothelioma cases diagnosed each year in the U. S. If you are experiencing any Mesothelioma symptoms you should contact a doctor immediately.
Diagnosed With Mesothelioma?
If you or a family member has been diagnosed with malignant Mesothelioma you are going to have a lot of questions about living with Mesothelioma and what legal options you have against asbestos manufacturers and asbestos companies for your asbestos exposure. Mesothelioma is a seriously deadly disease. According to the American Cancer Society with the average survival time for people with Mesothelioma is 4-18 months.
Call TOLL FREE 888.640.0914 right now to talk with a live Mesothelioma Counselor that can answer many of your questions and give you the peace of mind that you need.
Family Member Died From Mesothelioma?
If you have a family member that has died from Mesothelioma cancer you should immediately consult with an experienced Mesothelioma diagnosis lawyer about what compensation may be available to you from asbestos trust funds that total more than 30 billion dollars.
It is VERY IMPORTANT that you file your Mesothelioma claim within your states Statute of Limitations.
We have seen many families lose their right to file a lawsuit because their Statute of Limitations had expired while they were grieving. We know it is a tough time to grieve the loss of a loved one, but please do not let your Statute of Limitations expire for filing your Mesothelioma lawsuit. In most states the Statute of Limitations is 2-3 years. Some states have 6 year Statute of Limitations.
Mesothelioma Latency Period
Mesothelioma has a long latency period of 10-50 years. Many Veterans, Shipyard Workers, Construction Workers, Power Plant Workers, Mill Workers, Steel Workers, Railroad Workers, Pipefitters, Insulators, Electricians, Carpenters, Welders, Auto Mechanics, Veterans, Factory Workers, and laborers are living in the early stages of a variety of asbestos related diseases. Many Mesothelioma lawyers will not accept asbestosis, asbestos lung cancer, pleural plaques, pleural thickening, colon cancer and esophageal cancer cases.
There is More Than 30 Billion Dollars Set Aside for Mesothelioma and Asbestos Victims in Asbestos Bankruptcy Trusts
Need a Mesothelioma Lawyer in California?
If you or a family member has been diagnosed with Mesothelioma or an asbestos related disease, we can help you start a Mesothelioma lawsuit against asbestos companies responsible for your injuries. Our experienced nationwide Mesothelioma lawyers will come to you.
Call our Mesothelioma Toll Free Helpline at 888.640.0914 and get help today!
24 Hour Live Chat Available >>> See Chat button on right side of page.
We can usually tell within a few minutes whether we can help you, and if we can’t, maybe direct you to someone who can. We are always accessible by phone, email and online chat.
We are always available to answer your questions with a phone call and will always keep you informed. We will do everything we can to ensure that you receive the highest compensation for your injuries.
If you have a legal question about a Mesothelioma lawsuit, you don’t have to come into our office. Call us, and you’ll speak directly to a lawyer, and if a lawyer is not available, your call will be returned as quickly as possible.
Fill out our free Mesothelioma case evaluation form and an experienced mesothelioma lawyer will call you to immediately start processing your claim at no cost to you.