Surgical Procedures and Mesothelioma
- Before any surgery is considered for the treatment of a Mesothelioma patient’s overall health is carefully evaluated.
- Aggressive surgery for malignant Mesothelioma is aimed at long-term control and relief of painful symptoms.
- Surgical treatment for Mesothelioma patients will usually involve the removal of some of the lining of the chest or abdomen.
- Surgery is difficult in Pleural Mesothelioma patients when the disease is in later stages because the tumor has typically spread to other areas of the body, such as the abdominal cavity and lymph nodes.
- In the early stages of diagnosis, surgery can be used to slow the advance of Mesothelioma cancer.
Mesothelioma Surgical Procedures
- Biopsy: Surgical procedure that removes a small piece of the Mesothelium tissue for laboratory examination is used for definitive diagnosis of Mesothelioma.
- Decortication: Surgical procedure that removes the surface layer, membrane, or fibrous cover of a body organ.
- Extrapleural Pneumonectomy: Surgical procedure to remove one whole lung and part of the lining of the chest, part of the diaphragm, or lining of the sac around the heart.
- Fine-Needle Aspiration: Physician removes fluid or a piece of tissue with a small needle inserted into a patient’s abdomen or chest.
- Laparoscopy: Surgical procedure that allows physicians to view inside your abdomen to insert a tiny camera and surgical tools to obtain a small piece of tissue for examination.
- Laparotomy: Surgical procedure that opens the abdomen to allow a surgeon to check for signs of Mesothelioma. Sample tissue is removed for testing.
- Pleurodesis: Surgical procedure that uses chemicals or drugs to make the lung lining scar so it will stick to the lung. The scarring will stop the buildup of fluid.
- Pleurectomy: Surgical procedure that removes part of the covering of the pleura, chest lining or surface of the lungs.
- Thoracotomy: Surgical procedure that the chest to allow a surgeon to check for signs of Mesothelioma cancer. Sample tissue is removed for testing.
- Thoracoscopy: Surgical procedure that allows a physician to view inside the chest with small incisions made between the ribs to insert a tube with a tiny video camera to see inside the chest cavity.
- Wide Local Excision: Surgical procedure that that removes cancer along with some of the healthy surrounding tissue.
Factors Considered in Choosing Surgery for Mesothelioma
- Patients age
- The degree which cancer has spread
- Location of tumor
- Patients overall physical health
- Size of the tumor
- Stage of cancer – 1-4 Mesothelioma stages
- Type of Mesothelioma
Malignant Mesothelioma has been linked to workplace asbestos exposure.
TO GET HELP – Our Nationwide Toll-Free Mesothelioma Helpline Number is 888.640.0914
Malignant Mesothelioma is a rare form of cancer that affects the lining of the lungs, abdomen, heart, and major organs in the body. Mesothelioma cancer cells are in the sac lining the chest (pleura) or the abdomen (peritoneum). There are about 3,000 new fatal Mesothelioma cases diagnosed each year in the U. S. If you are experiencing any Mesothelioma symptoms, you should contact a doctor immediately.
Diagnosed With Mesothelioma?
If you or a family member has had a malignant Mesothelioma diagnosis, you are going to have a lot of questions about living with Mesothelioma. It is crucial to be aware of what legal options you have against asbestos manufacturers and companies responsible for your exposure. Mesothelioma is a seriously deadly disease.
According to the American Cancer Society, with the average survival time for people with Mesothelioma is 4-18 months.
Call TOLL-FREE 888.640.0914 now to talk with a live Mesothelioma Counselor that can answer many of your questions and give you the peace of mind that you need.
Family Member Died From Mesothelioma?
If you have a family member that has died from Mesothelioma cancer, immediately consult with an experienced Mesothelioma lawyer about your available compensation from asbestos trust funds.
It is VERY IMPORTANT that you file your Mesothelioma claim within your states Statute of Limitations.
We have seen many families lose their right to file a lawsuit because their Statute of Limitations had expired while they were grieving. Although there is a tremendous mourning period with the loss of a loved one, it is crucial not to let your Statute of Limitations expire before filing a Mesothelioma lawsuit. In most states, the Statute of Limitations is 2-3 years. Some states have a 6-year Statute of Limitations.
Mesothelioma Latency Period
Mesothelioma has a long latency period of 10-50 years. Many Veterans, Shipyard Workers, Construction Workers, Power Plant Workers, Mill Workers, Steel Workers, Railroad Workers, Pipefitters, Insulators, Electricians, Carpenters, Welders, Auto Mechanics, Veterans, Factory Workers, and laborers are living in the early stages of a variety of asbestos-related diseases. Many Mesothelioma lawyers will not accept asbestosis, asbestos lung cancer, pleural plaques, pleural thickening, colon cancer, and esophageal cancer cases.
There are More Than 30 Billion Dollars Set Aside for Mesothelioma and Asbestos Victims in Asbestos Bankruptcy Trusts
Need a Mesothelioma Lawyer?
If you or a family member has a Mesothelioma diagnosis or an asbestos-related disease, we can help you start a Mesothelioma lawsuit against asbestos companies responsible for your injuries. Our experienced nationwide Mesothelioma lawyers will come to you.
Call our Mesothelioma Toll Free Helpline at 888.640.0914 and get help today!
24 Hour Live Chat Available >>> See Chat button on right side of the page.
We can usually tell within a few minutes whether we can help you, and if we can’t, maybe direct you to someone who can. We are always accessible by phone, email, and online chat.
We are always available to answer your questions with a phone call and will always keep you informed. We will do everything we can to ensure that you receive the highest compensation for your injuries.
If you have a legal question about a Mesothelioma lawsuit, you don’t have to come into our office. Call us, and you’ll speak directly to a lawyer, and if a lawyer is not available, They will return your call as quickly as possible.
Fill out our free Mesothelioma case evaluation form and an experienced mesothelioma lawyer will call you to immediately start processing your claim at no cost to you.