Minnesota Mesothelioma Lawsuit Attorney
Residents and workers in Minnesota were exposed to toxic asbestos dust and fibers with highest exposure years being between, 1920-1980. Mesothelioma and asbestos-related cancers are typically diagnosed 10-50 years after initial exposure.
Thousands of asbestos-containing products and materials were used throughout the state of Minnesota in buildings, residential buildings, industrial plants, factories, power plants, chemical plants, refineries, shipyards and manufacturing plants.
Minnesota shipyard workers, construction workers, mechanics, power plant workers, mill workers, steel workers, railroad workers, pipefitters, plumbers, Insulators, electricians, and laborers are at higher risk than the general population for being diagnosed with Mesothelioma or an asbestos-related disease in their lifetime.
Global Asbestos Disaster Study Estimates More than 39,000 USA Deaths Annually from Asbestos-Related Diseases.
Specifically, asbestos contributes to 34,270 lung cancer deaths, 3,161 mesothelioma deaths, 787 ovarian cancer deaths, 443 larynx cancer deaths and 613 chronic asbestosis death. Source: www.adao.us
Minnesota Asbestos Exposure Hot Spots
More than 163,000 tons of asbestos shipments were received in the state of Minnesota. High asbestos exposure was in shipyards, industrial plants, power plants, steel mills, iron mills, oil refineries, and construction sites in Hennepin County, Ramsey County, St Louis County, Dakota County and Anoka County.
Asbestos-containing products and materials were used throughout Oregon included; asbestos ceiling & floor tiles, asbestos mixed in paints, asbestos mixed in cement, asbestos used in boilers, asbestos used electrical wiring, roofing materials, plumbing pipes & gaskets, attic insulation, heating and air-conditioning products, car and truck brakes, welding equipment, fire retardant clothing & gloves, drywall, fiberboard, wallboard, asbestos tape, vinyl flooring, fireproofing materials, fireplaces, ovens, etc.
Minnesota Mesothelioma Statistics (Asbestos-Related Deaths)
- Minnesota ranks #13 for total Mesothelioma cases reported.
- The mortality rate from Mesothelioma in Minnesota is 16.34 per million.
- 713 Minnesota residents died from malignant Mesothelioma.
- 942 asbestos-related deaths were reported in Minnesota since 1979.
- Hennepin County, MN has more than 210 asbestos-related deaths and more than 165 Mesothelioma Deaths.
*Statistics on Mesothelioma and asbestos related deaths were compiled from CDC (Center for Disease Control’s National Center for Health Statistics), and NIOSH (National Institute for Occupational Safety and Health) and other cancer reporting sources.
Mesothelioma Facts and Statistics
- More than 20 million American workers have been exposed to asbestos.
- Mesothelioma cases are found in 9 out of every 1 million people.
- 3,000 new cases of Mesothelioma are diagnosed each year in the U. S.
- Each year in U. S 10,000 Americans will die from an asbestos related disease.
- 30% of U. S. Veterans will develop an asbestos-related disease in their life time.
- 1 in 125 U. S. males who live over the age of 50 will die from an asbestos-related disease.
- Experts believe 60,000 Malignant Mesothelioma deaths will occur between 2010 and 2030.
Minnesota Mesothelioma Asbestos Deaths
|Minnesota Asbestos-Related Deaths 1999-2017||6,318|
|Minnesota Asbestosis Cancer Deaths||469|
|Minnesota Mesothelioma Cancer Deaths||1,176|
|Minnesota Estimated-Asbestos Cancer Deaths||4,704|
Minnesota Asbestos-Related Deaths
|Aitkin County, MN – 13 Asbestos Related Deaths|
|Anoka County, MN – 224 Asbestos Related Deaths|
|Becker County, MN – 26 Asbestos Related Deaths|
|Beltrami County, MN – 52 Asbestos Related Deaths|
|Benton County, MN – 31 Asbestos Related Deaths|
|Blue Earth County, MN – 51 Asbestos Related Deaths|
|Brown County, MN – 22 Asbestos Related Deaths|
|Carlton County, MN – 183 Asbestos Related Deaths|
|Carver County, MN – 38 Asbestos Related Deaths|
|Cass County, MN – 23 Asbestos Related Deaths|
|Chippewa County, MN – 10 Asbestos Related Deaths|
|Chisago County, MN – 38 Asbestos Related Deaths|
|Clay County, MN – 38 Asbestos Related Deaths|
|Cottonwood County, MN – 10 Asbestos Related Deaths|
|Crow Wing County, MN – 60 Asbestos Related Deaths|
|Dakota County, MN – 345 Asbestos Related Deaths|
|Dodge County, MN – 16 Asbestos Related Deaths|
|Douglas County, MN – 29 Asbestos Related Deaths|
|Faribault County, MN – 13 Asbestos Related Deaths|
|Fillmore County, MN – 18 Asbestos Related Deaths|
|Freeborn County, MN – 26 Asbestos Related Deaths|
|Goodhue County, MN – 38 Asbestos Related Deaths|
|Hennepin County, MN – 864 Asbestos Related Deaths|
|Houston County, MN – 16 Asbestos Related Deaths|
|Hubbard County, MN – 16 Asbestos Related Deaths|
|Isanti County, MN – 30 Asbestos Related Deaths|
|Itasca County, MN – 72 Asbestos Related Deaths|
|Kanabec County, MN – 13 Asbestos Related Deaths|
|Koochiching County, MN – 60 Asbestos Related Deaths|
|Le Sueur County, MN – 22 Asbestos Related Deaths|
|Lyon County, MN – 21 Asbestos Related Deaths|
|Martin County, MN – 38 Asbestos Related Deaths|
|McLeod County, MN – 30 Asbestos Related Deaths|
|Meeker County, MN – 19 Asbestos Related Deaths|
|Mille Lacs County, MN – 52 Asbestos Related Deaths|
|Morrison County, MN – 38 Asbestos Related Deaths|
|Mower County, MN – 57 Asbestos Related Deaths|
|Nicollet County, MN – 26 Asbestos Related Deaths|
|Nobles County, MN – 17 Asbestos Related Deaths|
|Olmsted County, MN – 79 Asbestos Related Deaths|
|Otter Tail County, MN – 78 Asbestos Related Deaths|
|Pennington County, MN – 11 Asbestos Related Deaths|
|Pine County, MN – 43 Asbestos Related Deaths|
|Polk County, MN – 56 Asbestos Related Deaths|
|Ramsey County, MN – 460 Asbestos Related Deaths|
|Redwood County, MN – 14 Asbestos Related Deaths|
|Renville County, MN – 14 Asbestos Related Deaths|
|Rice County, MN – 71 Asbestos Related Deaths|
|Roseau County, MN – 13 Asbestos Related Deaths|
|Scott County, MN – 48 Asbestos Related Deaths|
|Sherburne County, MN – 54 Asbestos Related Deaths|
|Sibley County, MN – 13 Asbestos Related Deaths|
|St. Louis County, MN – 491 Asbestos Related Deaths|
|Stearns County, MN – 98 Asbestos Related Deaths|
|Steele County, MN – 30 Asbestos Related Deaths|
|Todd County, MN – 21 Asbestos Related Deaths|
|Wabasha County, MN – 18 Asbestos Related Deaths|
|Wadena County, MN – 11 Asbestos Related Deaths|
|Waseca County, MN – 16 Asbestos Related Deaths|
|Washington County, MN – 186 Asbestos Related Deaths|
|Watonwan County, MN – 10 Asbestos Related Deaths|
|Winona County, MN – 042 Asbestos Related Deaths|
|Wright County, MN – 64 Asbestos Related Deaths|
Source: EWG Group 2015 Study
Minnesota Mesothelioma Asbestos Exposure Information
Asbestos Cover Up – Quotes From Asbestos Executives
Evidence in thousands of court documents have shown that asbestos companies hid and destroyed memos, documents and ignored doctor’s medical reports about the dangers of asbestos exposure. Despite all of the information about the deadly dangers of asbestos exposure available in the scientific and medical literature asbestos companies chose not take any action to protect workers.
They chose profit over the safety of their workers and then lied and covered it up. This is why U. S. Courts are making asbestos manufacturers and companies pay millions to asbestos victims for their asbestos cover up.
- “…if you have enjoyed a good life while working with asbestos products, why not die from it.” 1966 memo from an executive of the Bendix Corporation (now part of Honeywell)
- In early 1940s, the president of Johns-Manville called the managers of another company “a bunch of fools for notifying employees who had asbestosis.” When asked by another company executive, “Do you mean to tell me you would let them work until they drop dead?” he responded, “Yes. We save a lot of money that way.”
Mesothelioma has been medically linked to workplace asbestos exposure.
Minnesota Veterans and Asbestos Exposure
Military Veterans that have a 1 in 3 chance of developing an asbestos related disease in their lifetime. Veterans have the right to bring lawsuits against negligent asbestos companies for exposing them to toxic asbestos-containing products and materials.
There are 21.5 million current living Veterans according to the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs. Veterans who served between 1940 and 1970 have the greatest risk of developing Mesothelioma or an asbestos-related cancer. Navy Veterans who served during World War II and the Korean War have the highest incidence of Asbestos-related diseases.
The U.S. Military used thousands of asbestos-containing products in their ships between the 1920-late 1970’s. 14 in every 1,000 WW II shipyard workers died of an asbestos-related disease compared to 18 in every 1,000 combat related deaths.
- Mesothelioma primarily occurs in Veterans between the ages of 55-75.
- Asbestos was listed as the top contaminant at 32 U.S. Army base closures during the 1990s.
- A recent study showed that as many as 30-40% of Mesothelioma victims is U. S. Veterans.
Minnesota Mesothelioma Verdicts and Settlements
A Mesothelioma claim is a lawsuit filed on behalf of a victim or surviving family members because of hazardous exposure to asbestos. Here is a list of some noteworthy Minnesota Mesothelioma Settlements and Verdicts.
List of Minnesota Mesothelioma settlements and verdicts listed in asbestos lawsuits, court documents, and news sources.
- $5.0 Million was awarded to a 78-year-old Navy veteran and ironworker diagnosed by mesothelioma.
- 6 Million was settled against John Crane. Crane’s appeal challenged several discretionary rulings by the trial court and the very existence of joint and several liabilities in Minnesota products liability cases.
- $3.7 Million was awarded to 81-year-old Minnesota Air Force veteran and retired laborer diagnosed with mesothelioma.
- $3.5 Million was awarded to a 65-year-old former Minnesota pipefitter and insulator diagnosed with mesothelioma from workplace asbestos exposure.
- $3.3 Million was awarded to a 62-year-old former Minnesota worker affected by mesothelioma.
- $2.9 Million was awarded to a 50-year-old Minnesota victim of household asbestos exposure.
- $2.6 Million was awarded to a 68-year-old former Minnesota plant worker diagnosed with asbestos.
- $2.5 Million was awarded to an 85-year-old Minnesota Air Force veteran and former construction worker affected by asbestos exposure.
- $2.4 Million was awarded to a 72-year-old former Minnesota Shipyard and Construction worker.
- $1.9 Million was awarded to a 70-year-old U. S. Coast Guard Minnesota veteran and former Mechanic.
- $1.7 Million was awarded to a 69-year-old Minnesota victim of Household asbestos exposure and victim of mesothelioma.
Mesothelioma Verdicts & Settlements Nationwide
- $10.2 Million Mesothelioma Verdict: For a Paper Mill worker suffering from pleural Mesothelioma.
- $8 Million Mesothelioma Award: For a man diagnosed with Mesothelioma. Noneconomic damages and $1.5 Million for Loss of Life.
- $7.5Million Mesothelioma Verdict: For a woman that developed peritoneal Mesothelioma from laundering her husband s work clothes.
- $5 Million Navy Veteran Mesothelioma Verdict: For a Navy Boilerman who developed Mesothelioma during his service.
- $4.8 Million was awarded to a 65-year-old former plant worker who was exposed to asbestos in the household and at work.
- $4.6 Million Mesothelioma Settlement: For a union insulator that developed malignant Mesothelioma from asbestos exposure.
- $3.2 Million was awarded to a 61-year-old retired maintenance worker.
- $2.5 Million Mesothelioma Settlement: For a union pipefitter man who died from malignant Mesothelioma.
- $2.6 Million Shipyard Worker Mesothelioma Settlement: For the family of a 72-year old shipyard worker with Mesothelioma who suffered secondhand exposure.
- $2.1 Million was awarded to a 73-year-old Navy veteran and former pipefitter.
- $1.8Million Mesothelioma Settlement: For a carpenter that developed malignant Mesothelioma at age 68.
- $1.8 Million was awarded to a 75-year-old Navy veteran and retired warehouse worker.
- $1.5 Million was awarded to a 60-year-old insulator and plant worker who fell victim to mesothelioma.
- $1.5 Million was awarded to an 85-year-old former maintenance worker and electrician exposed to asbestos on the job.
- $1.4 Million was awarded to a 57-year-old furnace operator and plant worker.
- $1.4 Million was awarded to an 81-year-old former Marine and HVAC affected by mesothelioma.
- $1.2 Million Mesothelioma Settlement: For a 76-year-old carpenter that developed malignant Mesothelioma.
- $1.1 Million was awarded to a 75-year-old Army veteran and retired Laborer.
- $1.1 Million was awarded to an 82-year-old Navy veteran and former engineer exposed to asbestos on the job.
- $1 Million Veteran Mesothelioma Settlement: For a Navy veteran machinist that developed malignant Mesothelioma at age 71.
Minnesota workers, military veterans, and residents have the right to sue asbestos manufacturers and companies that exposed them to Asbestos. There is more than 30 billion in 60+ asbestos trust funds for people diagnosed with mesothelioma, lung cancer and other asbestos-related diseases.
Malignant Mesothelioma has been linked to workplace asbestos exposure.
TO GET HELP – Our Nationwide Toll-Free Mesothelioma Helpline Number is 888.640.0914
Call Today to find out if you qualify for an asbestos claim!
Asbestos Exposure in Minnesota
Asbestos was used heavily in U. S. building trades between 1930-1980. More than 3,000 commonly used products in Minnesota contained toxic asbestos fibers and materials.
Minnesota Workers and Residents that were exposed to asbestos are at higher risk (7 times) than the general population for being diagnosed with Mesothelioma or an asbestos-related disease in their lifetime.
It can take 10-50 years after initial asbestos exposure before symptoms of Mesothelioma may appear. People that were exposed to asbestos in Minnesota decades ago are walking time bombs. There is no clear way of knowing if a person will develop Mesothelioma, but most people diagnosed are around 70 years of age.
If you worked in an industry in Minnesota that exposed you to deadly asbestos fibers a Mesothelioma lawyer can help you seek compensation for medical expenses resulting from a Mesothelioma cancer diagnosis.
When asbestos is disturbed, broken apart, cut, decayed, or damaged, it releases tiny asbestos microscopic fibrous particles that can cling to the skin, hair and clothing. These asbestos fibers are easily transferred to others where they can accumulate in the lining of lungs that cause Mesothelioma lung cancer.
Asbestos Exposure in Minnesota Neighborhoods Pre-1980
We Connect You with Mesothelioma Lawyers in all Minnesota Cities
We Connect You with Mesothelioma Lawyers in all Minnesota Counties
Malignant Mesothelioma Cancer
Malignant Mesothelioma is rare form of cancer that affects lining of the lungs, abdomen, heart, and major organs in the body. Mesothelioma is a disease in which malignant cancer cells are found in the sac lining the chest (pleura) or the abdomen (peritoneum). There are about 3,000 new malignant Mesothelioma cases diagnosed each year in the U. S. If you are experiencing any Mesothelioma symptoms you should contact a doctor immediately.
Diagnosed With Mesothelioma?
If you or a family member has been diagnosed with malignant Mesothelioma you are going to have a lot of questions about living with Mesothelioma and what legal options you have against asbestos manufacturers and asbestos companies for your asbestos exposure. Mesothelioma is a seriously deadly disease. According to the American Cancer Society with the average survival time for people with Mesothelioma is 4-18 months.
Call TOLL FREE 888.640.0914 right now to talk with a live Mesothelioma Counselor that can answer many of your questions and give you the peace of mind that you need.
Family Member Died From Mesothelioma?
If you have a family member that has died from Mesothelioma cancer you should immediately consult with an experienced Mesothelioma diagnosis lawyer about what compensation may be available to you from asbestos trust funds that total more than 30 billion dollars.
It is VERY IMPORTANT that you file your Mesothelioma claim within your states Statute of Limitations.
We have seen many families lose their right to file a lawsuit because their Statute of Limitations had expired while they were grieving. We know it is a tough time to grieve the loss of a loved one, but please do not let your Statute of Limitations expire for filing your Mesothelioma lawsuit. In most states the Statute of Limitations is 2-3 years. Some states have 6 year Statute of Limitations.
Minnesota Mesothelioma Lawsuit Damages
Mesothelioma Latency Period
Mesothelioma has a long latency period of 10-50 years. Many Veterans, Shipyard Workers, Construction Workers, Power Plant Workers, Mill Workers, Steel Workers, Railroad Workers, Pipefitters, Insulators, Electricians, Carpenters, Welders, Auto Mechanics, Veterans, Factory Workers, and laborers are living in the early stages of a variety of asbestos related diseases. Many Mesothelioma lawyers will not accept asbestosis, asbestos lung cancer, pleural plaques, pleural thickening, colon cancer and esophageal cancer cases.
There is More Than 30 Billion Dollars Set Aside for Mesothelioma and Asbestos Victims in Asbestos Bankruptcy Trusts
Need a Mesothelioma Lawyer in Minnesota?
If you or a family member has been diagnosed with Mesothelioma or an asbestos related disease, we can help you start a Mesothelioma lawsuit against asbestos companies responsible for your injuries. Our experienced nationwide Mesothelioma lawyers will come to you.
Call our Mesothelioma Toll Free Helpline at 888.640.0914 and get help today!
24 Hour Live Chat Available >>> See Chat button on right side of page.
We can usually tell within a few minutes whether we can help you, and if we can’t, maybe direct you to someone who can. We are always accessible by phone, email and online chat.
We are always available to answer your questions with a phone call and will always keep you informed. We will do everything we can to ensure that you receive the highest compensation for your injuries.
If you have a legal question about a Mesothelioma lawsuit, you don’t have to come into our office. Call us, and you’ll speak directly to a lawyer, and if a lawyer is not available, your call will be returned as quickly as possible.
Fill out our free Mesothelioma case evaluation form and an experienced mesothelioma lawyer will call you to immediately start processing your claim at no cost to you.
Top 200 Most Mentioned Asbestos Products in Lawsuits
Many of these asbestos-containing products were used in building trades with the heaviest use pre-1980 in the U. S. The latency period for an asbestos-related disease to show up in a person s body is 10-50 years.