Living With Mesothelioma
Mesothelioma Medical Terms: Mesothelioma Diagnosis
10 Helpful Living with Mesothelioma Tips
If you or a loved one has been diagnosed with Mesothelioma, it will be very important to get the best information available regarding your Mesothelioma treatment options. Educating yourself on how others have lived with Mesothelioma will give you a better picture of what is ahead and how to best handle living with Mesothelioma.
- List all the list of questions you have about how your Mesothelioma diagnosis for your doctor.
- Read stories of Mesothelioma survivors on the Internet and look for useful life extending tips.
- How a person responds to the physical and psychological impacts of cancer can play an important role in a patient’s recovery and treatment.
- Educate yourself on Mesothelioma alternate treatments in addition to your physician prescribed treatments.
- Before and exercise program: Consult your doctor before beginning any fitness programs.
- Educate your friends and family and express your thoughts and share your knowledge about Mesothelioma.
- Mesothelioma patients report that taking a walk can help improve their appetite. 5 to 10 minutes, once or twice daily each day made a big difference in their health.
- Contact Mesothelioma support groups around the world where you can discuss your thought and fears with people in the same situation.
- Cardiovascular activity can boost a Mesothelioma patient’s immune system, lowers fatigue, and will help with bouts of depression.
- Continue on with life by participating in family activities and social activities whenever possible.
Living with Mesothelioma Information
- A New Jersey man went gone six years since his EPP surgery without having a serious recurrence of his mesothelioma.
- An Atlanta woman has controlled her mesothelioma for 12 years by using an alternative medicine approach after she rejected the conventional surgical options.
- Statistics show that only about 10% of Mesothelioma patients are still alive five years after being diagnosed.
- A man with mesothelioma that had one lung removed told us he had lived ten years by cutting out sat, sugar and drinking a Brazilian antioxidant drink called Guarana.
- There are new reports of Mesothelioma survivors living more than ten years after diagnosis in the U. K. and U. S.
- The 1-year survival rate has improved with about 40% of Mesothelioma patients living a year or more after diagnosis.
- The European Journal of Cancer Care states that the median survival rate for a Mesothelioma patient will vary from 6 to 18 months.
- The American Thoracic Society and the British Thoracic Society report that a small number of Mesothelioma patients are now living three years or more.
Malignant Mesothelioma has links to workplace asbestos exposure.
Asbestos is most dangerous when inhaled or ingested. Most workers were daily exposed to toxic asbestos dust and fibers where they inhaled and ingested them without any protection in their workplace.
Evidence in thousands of court documents has shown that asbestos companies hid and destroyed memos, documents, and ignored doctor’s medical reports about the dangers of asbestos exposure. Despite all of the information about the deadly dangers of asbestos exposure available in the scientific and medical literature, asbestos companies chose not to take any action to protect workers. They chose profit over the safety of their workers and then lied and covered it up.
This is why U. S. Courts are making asbestos manufacturers, and companies pay millions to asbestos victims for their asbestos cover-up.
Asbestos Cover-up – Quotes from Asbestos Executives
- “…if you have enjoyed a good life while working with asbestos products, why not die from it.”1966 memo from an executive of the Bendix Corporation (now part of Honeywell)
- In the early 1940s, the president of Johns-Manville called the managers of another company “a bunch of fools for notifying employees who had asbestosis.”When asked by another company executive, “Do you mean to tell me you would let them work until they drop dead?” he responded, “Yes. We save a lot of money that way.”
More than 10,000 Americans are diagnosed with Mesothelioma and other asbestos-related cancers each year. Malignant Mesothelioma is a rare cancer that affects the abdomen, lining of lungs, heart and major organs of the body. Malignant Mesothelioma symptoms may not appear for 10-50 years after first asbestos exposure.
There are 2,500-3,000 Mesothelioma cancer cases diagnosed each year in the U. S.
TO GET HELP – Our Nationwide Toll-Free Mesothelioma Helpline Number is 888.640.0914
Median Survival Rate for Mesothelioma Patients by Stage
Mesothelioma Symptoms Include:
- Chest Pain
- Chronic Cough
- Difficulty Breathing
- Difficulty Swallowing
- Fluid Build-up in Lungs
- Heart Palpitations
- Heart Murmurs
- Irregular Heartbeat (arrhythmia)
- Night Sweats
- Orthopnea (Dyspnea When Lying Down)
- Shortness of Breath
- Thickening of Living With Layers
This website is for informational purposes only. This website is not a substitute for professional medical advice, examination, diagnosis, or medical treatment.
This site should not be used for diagnosing or treating a health problem or disease and is not a substitute for professional medical care. You should always seek medical advice from your doctor or other qualified health professionals before starting any new treatment or making any changes to an existing treatment.
PLEASE CONSULT YOUR PHYSICIAN OR MEDICAL PROVIDER PRIOR TO FOLLOWING OR USING ANY INFORMATION ON THIS SITE.
The information is not guaranteed to be correct, complete, or current. There is no warranty, expressed or implied, about the accuracy or reliability of the information at this website or at any other website to which this site is linked.
Asbestos Exposure and Mesothelioma Lawsuits
Asbestos manufacturers knew as far back as the early 1920’s that asbestos caused asbestosis and the first case of malignant Mesothelioma was definitively linked to asbestos exposure in workers and laborers in 1964.
More than 600,000 asbestos and Mesothelioma cases have been brought against asbestos manufacturers and distributors, claiming the companies failed to protect workers and laborers from harmful asbestos contamination, and failed to warn workers about health risks.
The World Health Organization reported that there have been 92,253 mesothelioma deaths (and counting) reported by 83 countries.
Thousands of asbestos-containing products and materials were used throughout construction buildings trades, industrial plants, residential buildings, factories, power plants, chemical plants, refineries, shipyards and manufacturing plants exposing workers and laborers to deadly asbestos dust and fibers.
Mesothelioma cancer has 4 stages and rarely diagnosed in stages 1 and 2 because it looks like many other diseases like COPD, a chronic cough, the flu and pneumonia. If you have a history of work-related asbestos exposure you should be checked each year by a qualified doctor.
Global Asbestos Disaster Study Estimates More than 39,000 USA Deaths Annually from Asbestos-Related Diseases.
Specifically, asbestos contributes to 34,270 lung cancer deaths, 3,161 mesothelioma deaths, 787 ovarian cancer deaths, 443 Asbestos Cancer deaths and 613 chronic asbestosis death. Source: www.adao.us
Malignant Mesothelioma is rare form of cancer that affects lining of the lungs, abdomen, heart, and major organs in the body. Mesothelioma is a disease in which malignant cancer cells are found in the sac lining the chest (pleura) or the abdomen (peritoneum). There are about 3,000 new malignant Mesothelioma cases diagnosed each year in the U. S. If you are experiencing any Mesothelioma symptoms you should contact a doctor immediately.
Diagnosed With Mesothelioma?
If you or a family member has been diagnosed with malignant Mesothelioma you are going to have a lot of questions about living with Mesothelioma and what legal options you have against asbestos manufacturers and asbestos companies for your asbestos exposure. Mesothelioma is a seriously deadly disease. According to the American Cancer Society with the average survival time for people with Mesothelioma is 4-18 months.
Call TOLL FREE 800.291.0963 right now to talk with a live Mesothelioma Counselor that can answer many of your questions and give you the peace of mind that you need.
Family Member Died From Mesothelioma?
If you have a family member that has died from Mesothelioma cancer you should immediately consult with an experienced Mesothelioma diagnosis lawyer about what compensation may be available to you from asbestos trust funds that total more than 30 billion dollars.
It is VERY IMPORTANT that you file your Mesothelioma claim within your states Statute of Limitations.
We have seen many families lose their right to file a lawsuit because their Statute of Limitations had expired while they were grieving. We know it is a tough time to grieve the loss of a loved one, but please do not let your Statute of Limitations expire for filing your Mesothelioma lawsuit. In most states the Statute of Limitations is 2-3 years. Some states have 6 year Statute of Limitations.
Mesothelioma Latency Period
Mesothelioma has a long latency period of 10-50 years. Many Veterans, Shipyard Workers, Construction Workers, Power Plant Workers, Mill Workers, Steel Workers, Railroad Workers, Pipefitters, Insulators, Electricians, Carpenters, Welders, Auto Mechanics, Veterans, Factory Workers, and laborers are living in the early stages of a variety of asbestos related diseases. Many Mesothelioma lawyers will not accept asbestosis, asbestos lung cancer, Living With plaques, Living With thickening, Living With and esophageal cancer cases.
There is More Than 30 Billion Dollars Set Aside for Mesothelioma and Asbestos Victims in Asbestos Bankruptcy Trusts
Need a Mesothelioma Lawyer?
If you or a family member has been diagnosed with Mesothelioma or an asbestos related disease, we can help you start a Mesothelioma lawsuit against asbestos companies responsible for your injuries. Our experienced nationwide Mesothelioma lawyers will come to you.
Call our Mesothelioma Toll Free Helpline at 888.640.0914 and get help today!
A person diagnosed with Mesothelioma may be entitled to recover compensation for the following:
24 Hour Live Chat Available >>> See Chat button on right side of page.
We can usually tell within a few minutes whether we can help you, and if we can’t, maybe direct you to someone who can. We are always accessible by phone, email and online chat.
We are always available to answer your questions with a phone call and will always keep you informed. We will do everything we can to ensure that you receive the highest compensation for your injuries.
If you have a legal question about a Mesothelioma lawsuit, you don’t have to come into our office. Call us, and you’ll speak directly to a lawyer, and if a lawyer is not available, your call will be returned as quickly as possible.
24 Hour Call Back Guarantee!
Fill out our free Mesothelioma case evaluation form and an experienced mesothelioma lawyer will call you to immediately start processing your claim at no cost to you.
Mesothelioma Medical Lawsuits