Arkansas Mesothelioma Cancer Lawsuits
Residents and workers in Arkansas were exposed to toxic asbestos dust and fibers with highest exposure years being between, 1920-1980. Mesothelioma and asbestos-related cancers are typically diagnosed 10-50 years after initial exposure.
Thousands of asbestos-containing products and materials were used throughout the state of Arkansas in buildings, residential buildings, industrial plants, factories, power plants, chemical plants, refineries, shipyards and manufacturing plants.
Arkansas shipyard workers, construction workers, mechanics, power plant workers, mill workers, steel workers, railroad workers, pipefitters, plumbers, Insulators, electricians, and laborers are at higher risk than the general population for being diagnosed with Mesothelioma or an asbestos-related disease in their lifetime.
We Help Mesothelioma Victims Get Fair and Just Compensation For Asbestos Exposure Cancers!
Arkansas Asbestos Exposure Hot Spots
More than 70,000 tons of asbestos shipments were received in the state of Arkansas. High asbestos exposure was in in Pulaski County, Sebastian County, Benton County, Garland County and Saline County.
Asbestos-containing products and materials were used throughout Arkansas included; asbestos ceiling & floor tiles, asbestos mixed in paints, asbestos mixed in cement, asbestos used in boilers, asbestos used electrical wiring, roofing materials, plumbing pipes & gaskets, attic insulation, heating and air-conditioning products, car and truck brakes, welding equipment, fire retardant clothing & gloves, drywall, fiberboard, wallboard, asbestos tape, vinyl flooring, fireproofing materials, fireplaces, ovens, etc.
Arkansas Mesothelioma Asbestos Deaths
|Arkansas Asbestos-Related Deaths 1999-2017||1,848|
|Arkansas Asbestosis Cancer Deaths||242|
|Arkansas Mesothelioma Cancer Deaths||323|
|Arkansas Estimated-Asbestos Cancer Deaths||1,292|
Arkansas Mesothelioma Asbestos Exposure Information
Asbestos Deaths in Arkansas by County
|Ashley County, Arkansas – 10 Asbestos-Related Deaths|
|Baxter County, Arkansas – 34 Asbestos-Related Deaths|
|Benton County, Arkansas – 124 Asbestos-Related Deaths|
|Boone County, Arkansas – 15 Asbestos-Related Deaths|
|Carroll County, Arkansas – 11 Asbestos-Related Deaths|
|Clark County, Arkansas – 10 Asbestos-Related Deaths|
|Cleburne County, Arkansas – 11 Asbestos-Related Deaths|
|Columbia County, Arkansas – 10 Asbestos-Related Deaths|
|Craighead County, Arkansas – 38 Asbestos-Related Deaths|
|Crawford County, Arkansas – 24 Asbestos-Related Deaths|
|Crittenden County, Arkansas – 21 Asbestos-Related Deaths|
|Faulkner County, Arkansas – 35 Asbestos-Related Deaths|
|Garland County, Arkansas – 73 Asbestos-Related Deaths|
|Greene County, Arkansas – 17 Asbestos-Related Deaths|
|Hempstead County, Arkansas – 10 Asbestos-Related Deaths|
|Hot Spring County, Arkansas – 36 Asbestos-Related Deaths|
|Independence County, Arkansas – 15 Asbestos-Related Deaths|
|Jefferson County, Arkansas – 33 Asbestos-Related Deaths|
|Johnson County, Arkansas – 10 Asbestos-Related Deaths|
|Lonoke County, Arkansas – 34 Asbestos-Related Deaths|
|Miller County, Arkansas – 18 Asbestos-Related Deaths|
|Mississippi County, Arkansas – 20 Asbestos-Related Deaths|
|Ouachita County, Arkansas – 35 Asbestos-Related Deaths|
|Phillips County, Arkansas – 10 Asbestos-Related Deaths|
|Poinsett County, Arkansas – 10 Asbestos-Related Deaths|
|Pope County, Arkansas – 35 Asbestos-Related Deaths|
|Pulaski County, Arkansas – 166 Asbestos-Related Deaths|
|Saline County, Arkansas – 86 Asbestos-Related Deaths|
|Sebastian County, Arkansas – 88 Asbestos-Related Deaths|
|St. Francis County, Arkansas – 12 Asbestos-Related Deaths|
|Union County, Arkansas – 41 Asbestos-Related Deaths|
|Washington County, Arkansas – 40 Asbestos-Related Deaths|
|White County, Arkansas – 31 Asbestos-Related Deaths|
|Source: EWG Study|
Asbestos Cover up – Quotes from Asbestos Executives
Evidence in thousands of court documents have shown that asbestos companies hid and destroyed memos, documents and ignored doctor’s medical reports about the dangers of asbestos exposure. Despite all of the information about the deadly dangers of asbestos exposure available in the scientific and medical literature asbestos companies chose not take any action to protect workers.
They chose profit over the safety of their workers and then lied and covered it up. This is why U. S. Courts are making asbestos manufacturers and companies pay millions to asbestos victims for their asbestos cover up.
- “…if you have enjoyed a good life while working with asbestos products, why not die from it.” 1966 memo from an executive of the Bendix Corporation (now part of Honeywell)
- In early 1940s, the president of Johns-Manville called the managers of another company “a bunch of fools for notifying employees who had asbestosis.” When asked by another company executive, “Do you mean to tell me you would let them work until they drop dead?” he responded, “Yes. We save a lot of money that way.”
Mesothelioma has been medically linked to workplace asbestos exposure.
Arkansas Mesothelioma Statistics (Asbestos-Related Deaths)
- Arkansas ranks 30th in the U. S. for deaths from malignant Mesothelioma.
- The mortality rate from Mesothelioma in Arkansas is 7.6 per million.
- 538 Arkansas residents died from malignant Mesothelioma.
- 651 asbestos-related deaths were reported in Arkansas since 1979.
- Jefferson County, KY has more than 169 asbestos-related deaths and more than 144 Mesothelioma Deaths.
*Statistics on Mesothelioma and asbestos related deaths were compiled from CDC (Center for Disease Control’s National Center for Health Statistics), and NIOSH (National Institute for Occupational Safety and Health) and other cancer reporting sources.
Mesothelioma Facts and Statistics
- More than 20 million American workers have been exposed to asbestos.
- Mesothelioma cases are found in 9 out of every 1 million people.
- 3,000 new cases of Mesothelioma are diagnosed each year in the U. S.
- Each year in U. S 10,000 Americans will die from an asbestos related disease.
- 30% of U. S. Veterans will develop an asbestos-related disease in their life time.
- 1 in 125 U. S. males who live over the age of 50 will die from an asbestos-related disease.
- Experts believe 60,000 Malignant Mesothelioma deaths will occur between 2010 and 2030.
Arkansas Veterans and Asbestos Exposure
Military Veterans that have a 1 in 3 chance of developing an asbestos related disease in their lifetime. Veterans have the right to bring lawsuits against negligent asbestos companies for exposing them to toxic asbestos-containing products and materials.
There are 21.5 million current living Veterans according to the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs. Veterans who served between 1940 and 1970 have the greatest risk of developing Mesothelioma or an asbestos-related cancer. Navy Veterans who served during World War II and the Korean War have the highest incidence of Asbestos-related diseases.
The U.S. Military used thousands of asbestos-containing products in their ships between the 1920-late 1970’s. 14 in every 1,000 WW II shipyard workers died of an asbestos-related disease compared to 18 in every 1,000 combat related deaths.
- Mesothelioma primarily occurs in Veterans between the ages of 55-75.
- Asbestos was listed as the top contaminant at 32 U.S. Army base closures during the 1990s.
- A recent study showed that as many as 30-40% of Mesothelioma victims is U. S. Veterans.
Asbestos Trust Funds and Mesothelioma Claims
U. S. Asbestos Bankruptcy Trusts Funds have paid out nearly 21 billion to more than 600,000 asbestos claimants. There are about 60 active Asbestos Trust Funds with an estimated $32 billion in remaining assets.
Asbestos Settlement Trusts were established to help compensate workers and their families for asbestos exposure causing Mesothelioma and other asbestos-related diseases. When an Asbestos company establishes a Trust Fund all settlements are managed by trustees that decide the compensation amounts paid to Mesothelioma claimants. U. S. Courts allow Asbestos defendants to file for protection under a legal process known as bankruptcy reorganization. This allows the company to pay claims and stay in business.
Asbestos Trust Fund settlements typically do not come with an admission of guilt by the asbestos company that set up the trust.
If you have a history of asbestos exposure you should be checked each year by a qualified doctor.
We have been helping victims of asbestos exposure and their families for more than 20 years.
If you or a family member has been diagnosed with Malignant Mesothelioma or an Asbestos-related disease, we are here to help you file a claim with an experience Mesothelioma lawyer that will fight for you!
Arkansas Mesothelioma Verdicts and Settlements
A Mesothelioma claim is a lawsuit filed on behalf of a victim or surviving family members because of hazardous exposure to asbestos. Here is a list of some noteworthy Arkansas Mesothelioma Settlements and Verdicts.
List of Arkansas Mesothelioma settlements and verdicts listed in asbestos lawsuits, court documents, and news sources.
- $18.5 Million was awarded in 2017 in Little Rock, AR to a former brake mechanic’s family against Honeywell.
- $7.5 Million Mesothelioma Verdict: For an Arkansas woman that developed peritoneal Mesothelioma from laundering her husband’s work clothes.
- $2.6 Million Shipyard Worker Mesothelioma Settlement: For the family of a 72-year old Arkansas Shipyard worker with Mesothelioma who suffered secondhand exposure.
- $2.6 Million Mesothelioma Jury Award: For an Arkansas Oil Drilling Worker diagnosed with Mesothelioma from asbestos-containing products.
- $2.5 Million Mesothelioma Settlement: For an Arkansas Union Pipefitter man who died from malignant Mesothelioma.
- $1.9 Million Settlement: For an Arkansas Construction Worker that developed Mesothelioma from asbestos jobsite exposure.
- $1.8 Million Mesothelioma Settlement: For an Arkansas carpenter that developed malignant Mesothelioma at age 68.
- $1.6 Million Settlement: For an Arkansas Boiler Operator Diagnosed with Mesothelioma from asbestos exposure in workplace.
- $1.2 Million Settlement: For an Arkansas Army Veteran Construction Worker diagnosed with mesothelioma exposed to asbestos on jobsites.
- $1.1 Million Veteran Mesothelioma Settlement: For an Arkansas Navy Veteran Machinist that developed malignant Mesothelioma at age 71.
Mesothelioma Verdicts & Settlements Nationwide
- $10.2 Million Mesothelioma Verdict: For a Paper Mill worker suffering from pleural Mesothelioma.
- $8 Million Mesothelioma Award: For a man diagnosed with Mesothelioma. Noneconomic damages and $1.5 Million for Loss of Life.
- $7.5Million Mesothelioma Verdict: For a woman that developed peritoneal Mesothelioma from laundering her husband s work clothes.
- $5 Million Navy Veteran Mesothelioma Verdict: For a Navy Boilerman who developed Mesothelioma during his service.
- $4.8 Million was awarded to a 65-year-old former plant worker who was exposed to asbestos in the household and at work.
- $4.6 Million Mesothelioma Settlement: For a union insulator that developed malignant Mesothelioma from asbestos exposure.
- $3.2 Million was awarded to a 61-year-old retired maintenance worker.
- $2.5 Million Mesothelioma Settlement: For a union pipefitter man who died from malignant Mesothelioma.
- $2.6 Million Shipyard Worker Mesothelioma Settlement: For the family of a 72-year old shipyard worker with Mesothelioma who suffered secondhand exposure.
- $2.1 Million was awarded to a 73-year-old Navy veteran and former pipefitter.
- $1.8Million Mesothelioma Settlement: For a carpenter that developed malignant Mesothelioma at age 68.
- $1.8 Million was awarded to a 75-year-old Navy veteran and retired warehouse worker.
- $1.5 Million was awarded to a 60-year-old insulator and plant worker who fell victim to mesothelioma.
- $1.5 Million was awarded to an 85-year-old former maintenance worker and electrician exposed to asbestos on the job.
- $1.4 Million was awarded to a 57-year-old furnace operator and plant worker.
- $1.4 Million was awarded to an 81-year-old former Marine and HVAC affected by mesothelioma.
- $1.2 Million Mesothelioma Settlement: For a 76-year-old carpenter that developed malignant Mesothelioma.
- $1.1 Million was awarded to a 75-year-old Army veteran and retired Laborer.
- $1.1 Million was awarded to an 82-year-old Navy veteran and former engineer exposed to asbestos on the job.
- $1 Million Veteran Mesothelioma Settlement: For a Navy veteran machinist that developed malignant Mesothelioma at age 71.
Arkansas workers, military veterans, and residents have the right to sue asbestos manufacturers and companies that exposed them to Asbestos. There is more than 30 billion in 60+ asbestos trust funds for people diagnosed with mesothelioma, lung cancer and other asbestos-related diseases.
Malignant Mesothelioma has been linked to workplace asbestos exposure.
TO GET HELP – Our Nationwide Toll-Free Mesothelioma Helpline Number is 888.640.0914
Call Today to find out if you qualify for an asbestos claim!
Asbestos Exposure in Arkansas
Asbestos was used heavily in U. S. building trades between 1930-1980. More than 3,000 commonly used products in Arkansas contained toxic asbestos fibers and materials.
Arkansas Workers and Residents that were exposed to asbestos are at higher risk (7 times) than the general population for being diagnosed with Mesothelioma or an asbestos-related disease in their lifetime.
It can take 10-50 years after initial asbestos exposure before symptoms of Mesothelioma may appear. People that were exposed to asbestos in Arkansas decades ago are walking time bombs. There is no clear way of knowing if a person will develop Mesothelioma, but most people diagnosed are around 70 years of age.
If you worked in an industry in Arkansas that exposed you to deadly asbestos fibers a Mesothelioma lawyer can help you seek compensation for medical expenses resulting from a Mesothelioma cancer diagnosis.
When asbestos is disturbed, broken apart, cut, decayed, or damaged, it releases tiny asbestos microscopic fibrous particles that can cling to the skin, hair and clothing. These asbestos fibers are easily transferred to others where they can accumulate in the lining of lungs that cause Mesothelioma lung cancer.
Asbestos Exposure in Arkansas Neighborhoods Pre-1980
We Connect You with Mesothelioma Lawyers in all Arkansas Cities
We Connect You with Mesothelioma Lawyers in all Arkansas Counties
Malignant Mesothelioma Cancer
Malignant Mesothelioma is rare form of cancer that affects lining of the lungs, abdomen, heart, and major organs in the body. Mesothelioma is a disease in which malignant cancer cells are found in the sac lining the chest (pleura) or the abdomen (peritoneum). There are about 3,000 new malignant Mesothelioma cases diagnosed each year in the U. S. If you are experiencing any Mesothelioma symptoms you should contact a doctor immediately.
Diagnosed With Mesothelioma?
If you or a family member has been diagnosed with malignant Mesothelioma you are going to have a lot of questions about living with Mesothelioma and what legal options you have against asbestos manufacturers and asbestos companies for your asbestos exposure. Mesothelioma is a seriously deadly disease. According to the American Cancer Society with the average survival time for people with Mesothelioma is 4-18 months.
Call TOLL FREE 888.640.0914 right now to talk with a live Mesothelioma Counselor that can answer many of your questions and give you the peace of mind that you need.
Family Member Died From Mesothelioma?
If you have a family member that has died from Mesothelioma cancer you should immediately consult with an experienced Mesothelioma diagnosis lawyer about what compensation may be available to you from asbestos trust funds that total more than 30 billion dollars.
Arkansas Mesothelioma Lawsuit Damages
It is VERY IMPORTANT that you file your Mesothelioma claim within your states Statute of Limitations.
We have seen many families lose their right to file a lawsuit because their Statute of Limitations had expired while they were grieving. We know it is a tough time to grieve the loss of a loved one, but please do not let your Statute of Limitations expire for filing your Mesothelioma lawsuit. In most states the Statute of Limitations is 2-3 years. Some states have 6 year Statute of Limitations.
Mesothelioma Latency Period
Mesothelioma has a long latency period of 10-50 years. Many Veterans, Shipyard Workers, Construction Workers, Power Plant Workers, Mill Workers, Steel Workers, Railroad Workers, Pipefitters, Insulators, Electricians, Carpenters, Welders, Auto Mechanics, Veterans, Factory Workers, and laborers are living in the early stages of a variety of asbestos related diseases. Many Mesothelioma lawyers will not accept asbestosis, asbestos lung cancer, asbestosis, pleural plaques, pleural thickening, colon cancer and esophageal cancer cases.
There is More Than 30 Billion Dollars Set Aside for Mesothelioma and Asbestos Victims in Asbestos Bankruptcy Trusts
Need a Mesothelioma Lawyer in Arkansas?
If you or a family member has been diagnosed with Mesothelioma or an asbestos related disease, we can help you start a Mesothelioma lawsuit against asbestos companies responsible for your injuries. Our experienced nationwide Mesothelioma lawyers will come to you.
Call our Mesothelioma Toll Free Helpline at 888.640.0914 and get help today!
24 Hour Live Chat Available >>> See Chat button on right side of page.
We can usually tell within a few minutes whether we can help you, and if we can’t, maybe direct you to someone who can. We are always accessible by phone, email and online chat.
We are always available to answer your questions with a phone call and will always keep you informed. We will do everything we can to ensure that you receive the highest compensation for your injuries.
If you have a legal question about a Mesothelioma lawsuit, you don’t have to come into our office. Call us, and you’ll speak directly to a lawyer, and if a lawyer is not available, your call will be returned as quickly as possible.
Fill out our free Mesothelioma case evaluation form and an experienced mesothelioma lawyer will call you to immediately start processing your claim at no cost to you.
To get started is easy…
Fill out our form located at the right of your page or call us toll-free at 1-888-640-0914 for a Free Case Analysis.
An Intake Specialist will guide you through the process of providing us the information needed to see if you or your loved one qualifies for any of the more than 65 Asbestos Trust Funds.
THERE IS NO CHARGE FOR YOUR CALL FOR THE CONSULTATION
TO GET HELP – Our nationwide toll-free Mesothelioma Helpline number is 888.640.0914
Top 200 Most Mentioned Asbestos Products in Lawsuits
Many of these asbestos-containing products were used in building trades with the heaviest use pre-1980 in the U. S. The latency period for an asbestos-related disease to show up in a person s body is 10-50 years.
Asbestos-containing products and materials were used throughout Montana included; asbestos ceiling & floor tiles, asbestos mixed in paints, asbestos mixed in cement, asbestos used in boilers, asbestos used electrical wiring, roofing materials, plumbing pipes & gaskets, attic insulation, heating and air-conditioning products, car and truck brakes, welding equipment, fire retardant clothing & gloves, drywall, fiberboard, wallboard, asbestos tape, vinyl flooring, fireproofing materials, fireplaces, ovens, etc.