Ohio Mesothelioma Lawsuit Attorneys
Residents and workers in Ohio were exposed to toxic asbestos dust and fibers with highest exposure years being between, 1920-1980. Mesothelioma and asbestos-related cancers are typically diagnosed 10-50 years after initial exposure.
Thousands of asbestos-containing products and materials were used throughout the state of Ohio in buildings, residential buildings, industrial plants, factories, power plants, chemical plants, refineries, shipyards and manufacturing plants.
Ohio shipyard workers, construction workers, mechanics, power plant workers, mill workers, steel workers, railroad workers, pipefitters, plumbers, Insulators, electricians, and laborers are at higher risk than the general population for being diagnosed with Mesothelioma or an asbestos-related disease in their lifetime.
Global Asbestos Disaster Study Estimates More than 39,000 USA Deaths Annually from Asbestos-Related Diseases.
Specifically, asbestos contributes to 34,270 lung cancer deaths, 3,161 mesothelioma deaths, 787 ovarian cancer deaths, 443 larynx cancer deaths and 613 chronic asbestosis death. Source: www.adao.us
Ohio Asbestos Exposure Hot Spots
More than 445,000 tons of asbestos shipments were received in the state of Ohio. High asbestos exposure was in Cuyahoga County, Hamilton County, Lucas County, Summit County and Franklin County.
Asbestos-containing products and materials were used throughout Ohio included; asbestos ceiling & floor tiles, asbestos mixed in paints, asbestos mixed in cement, asbestos used in boilers, asbestos used electrical wiring, roofing materials, plumbing pipes & gaskets, attic insulation, heating and air-conditioning products, car and truck brakes, welding equipment, fire retardant clothing & gloves, drywall, fiberboard, wallboard, asbestos tape, vinyl flooring, fireproofing materials, fireplaces, ovens, etc.
Ohio Mesothelioma Statistics (Asbestos-Related Deaths)
- Ohio ranks 9th in the U. S. for deaths from malignant Mesothelioma.
- The mortality rate from Mesothelioma in Ohio is 14.7 per million.
- 1,700 Ohio residents died from malignant Mesothelioma.
- 2,300 asbestos-related deaths were reported in Ohio since 1979.
- Cuyahoga County, OH has more than 329 asbestos-related deaths and more than 330 Mesothelioma Deaths.
*Statistics on Mesothelioma and asbestos related deaths were compiled from CDC (Center for Disease Control’s National Center for Health Statistics), and NIOSH (National Institute for Occupational Safety and Health) and other cancer reporting sources.
Mesothelioma Facts and Statistics
- More than 20 million American workers have been exposed to asbestos.
- Mesothelioma cases are found in 9 out of every 1 million people.
- 3,000 new cases of Mesothelioma are diagnosed each year in the U. S.
- Each year in U. S 10,000 Americans will die from an asbestos related disease.
- 30% of U. S. Veterans will develop an asbestos-related disease in their life time.
- 1 in 125 U. S. males who live over the age of 50 will die from an asbestos-related disease.
- Experts believe 60,000 Malignant Mesothelioma deaths will occur between 2010 and 2030.
Ohio Mesothelioma Asbestos Deaths
|Ohio Asbestos-Related Deaths 1999-2015||12,697|
|Ohio Asbestosis Cancer Deaths||966|
|Ohio Mesothelioma Cancer Deaths||2,353|
|Ohio Estimated-Asbestos Cancer Deaths||9,412|
Ohio Asbestos Exposure Deaths by County
|Adams County, OH – 17 Asbestos Related Deaths|
|Allen County, OH – 139 Asbestos Related Deaths|
|Ashland County, OH – 71 Asbestos Related Deaths|
|Ashtabula County, OH – 128 Asbestos Related Deaths|
|Athens County, OH – 38 Asbestos Related Deaths|
|Auglaize County, OH – 56 Asbestos Related Deaths|
|Belmont County, OH – 100 Asbestos Related Deaths|
|Brown County, OH – 26 Asbestos Related Deaths|
|Butler County. OH, OH – 294 Asbestos Related Deaths|
|Carroll County, OH – 17 Asbestos Related Deaths|
|Champaign County, OH – 24 Asbestos Related Deaths|
|Clark County, OH – 115 Asbestos Related Deaths|
|Clermont County, OH – 96 Asbestos Related Deaths|
|Clinton County, OH – 25 Asbestos Related Deaths|
|Columbiana County, OH – 164 Asbestos Related Deaths|
|Coshocton County, OH – 22 Asbestos Related Deaths|
|Crawford County, OH – 27 Asbestos Related Deaths|
|Cuyahoga County, OH – 1,276 Asbestos Related Deaths|
|Darke County, OH – 32 Asbestos Related Deaths|
|Defiance County, OH – 63 Asbestos Related Deaths|
|Delaware County, OH – 82 Asbestos Related Deaths|
|Erie County, OH – 84 Asbestos Related Deaths|
|Fairfield County, OH – 72 Asbestos Related Deaths|
|Fayette County, OH – 17 Asbestos Related Deaths|
|Franklin County, OH – 482 Asbestos Related Deaths|
|Fulton County, OH – 26 Asbestos Related Deaths|
|Gallia County, OH – 49 Asbestos Related Deaths|
|Geauga County, OH – 57 Asbestos Related Deaths|
|Greene County, OH – 120 Asbestos Related Deaths|
|Guernsey County, OH – 24 Asbestos Related Deaths|
|Hamilton County, OH – 554 Asbestos Related Deaths|
|Hancock County, OH – 44 Asbestos Related Deaths|
|Hardin County, OH – 19 Asbestos Related Deaths|
|Harrison County, OH – 10 Asbestos Related Deaths|
|Henry County, OH – 17 Asbestos Related Deaths|
|Highland County, OH – 43 Asbestos Related Deaths|
|Holmes County, OH – 24 Asbestos Related Deaths|
|Huron County, OH – 38 Asbestos Related Deaths|
|Jackson County, OH – 20 Asbestos Related Deaths|
|Jefferson County, OH – 223 Asbestos Related Deaths|
|Knox County, OH – 35 Asbestos Related Deaths|
|Lake County, OH – 257 Asbestos Related Deaths|
|Lawrence County, OH – 71 Asbestos Related Deaths|
|Licking County, OH – 116 Asbestos Related Deaths|
|Logan County, OH – 28 Asbestos Related Deaths|
|Lorain County, OH – 435 Asbestos Related Deaths|
|Lucas County, OH – 509 Asbestos Related Deaths|
|Madison County, OH – 25 Asbestos Related Deaths|
|Mahoning County, OH – 345 Asbestos Related Deaths|
|Marion County, OH – 40 Asbestos Related Deaths|
|Medina County, OH – 114 Asbestos Related Deaths|
|Meigs County, OH – 38 Asbestos Related Deaths|
|Mercer County, OH – 25 Asbestos Related Deaths|
|Miami County, OH – 48 Asbestos Related Deaths|
|Montgomery County, OH – 396 Asbestos Related Deaths|
|Morrow County, OH – 20 Asbestos Related Deaths|
|Muskingum County, OH – 89 Asbestos Related Deaths|
|Ottawa County, OH – 59 Asbestos Related Deaths|
|Paulding County, OH – 12 Asbestos Related Deaths|
|Perry County, OH – 21 Asbestos Related Deaths|
|Pickaway County, OH – 43 Asbestos Related Deaths|
|Pike County, OH – 17 Asbestos Related Deaths|
|Portage County, OH – 120 Asbestos Related Deaths|
|Preble County, OH – 26 Asbestos Related Deaths|
|Putnam County, OH – 51 Asbestos Related Deaths|
|Richland County, OH – 150 Asbestos Related Deaths|
|Ross County, OH – 66 Asbestos Related Deaths|
|Sandusky County, OH – 92 Asbestos Related Deaths|
|Scioto County, OH – 94 Asbestos Related Deaths|
|Seneca County, OH – 54 Asbestos Related Deaths|
|Shelby County, OH – 29 Asbestos Related Deaths|
|Stark County, OH – 370 Asbestos Related Deaths|
|Summit County, OH – 556 Asbestos Related Deaths|
|Trumbull County, OH – 258 Asbestos Related Deaths|
|Tuscarawas County, OH – 73 Asbestos Related Deaths|
|Union County, OH – 29 Asbestos Related Deaths|
|Van Wert County, OH – 18 Asbestos Related Deaths|
|Warren County, OH – 131 Asbestos Related Deaths|
|Washington, OH – 105 Asbestos Related Deaths|
|Wayne County, OH – 82 Asbestos Related Deaths|
|Williams, OH – 23 Asbestos Related Deaths|
|Wood County, OH – 116 Asbestos Related Deaths|
|Wyandot County, OH – 14 Asbestos Related Deaths|
|Source: EWG Group 2015 Study|
Ohio Mesothelioma Asbestos Exposure Information
Asbestos Cover Up – Quotes From Asbestos Executives
Evidence in thousands of court documents have shown that asbestos companies hid and destroyed memos, documents and ignored doctor’s medical reports about the dangers of asbestos exposure. Despite all of the information about the deadly dangers of asbestos exposure available in the scientific and medical literature asbestos companies chose not to take any action to protect workers.
They chose profit over the safety of their workers and then lied and covered it up. This is why U. S. Courts are making asbestos manufacturers and companies pay millions to asbestos victims for their asbestos cover up.
- “…if you have enjoyed a good life while working with asbestos products, why not die from it.” 1966 memo from an executive of the Bendix Corporation (now part of Honeywell)
- In early 1940s, the president of Johns-Manville called the managers of another company “a bunch of fools for notifying employees who had asbestosis.” When asked by another company executive, “Do you mean to tell me you would let them work until they drop dead?” he responded, “Yes. We save a lot of money that way.”
Mesothelioma has been medically linked to workplace asbestos exposure.
Ohio Veterans and Asbestos Exposure
Military Veterans that have a 1 in 3 chance of developing an asbestos related disease in their lifetime. Veterans have the right to bring lawsuits against negligent asbestos companies for exposing them to toxic asbestos-containing products and materials.
There are 21.5 million current living Veterans according to the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs. Veterans who served between 1940 and 1970 have the greatest risk of developing Mesothelioma or an asbestos-related cancer. Navy Veterans who served during World War II and the Korean War have the highest incidence of Asbestos-related diseases.
The U.S. Military used thousands of asbestos-containing products in their ships between the 1920-late 1970’s. 14 in every 1,000 WW II shipyard workers died of an asbestos-related disease compared to 18 in every 1,000 combat related deaths.
- Mesothelioma primarily occurs in Veterans between the ages of 55-75.
- Asbestos was listed as the top contaminant at 32 U.S. Army base closures during the 1990s.
- A recent study showed that as many as 30-40% of Mesothelioma victims is U. S. Veterans.
Ohio Mesothelioma Verdicts and Settlements
A Mesothelioma claim is a lawsuit filed on behalf of a victim or surviving family members because of hazardous exposure to asbestos. Here is a list of some noteworthy Ohio Mesothelioma Settlements and Verdicts.
List of Ohio Mesothelioma settlements and verdicts listed in asbestos lawsuits, court documents, and news sources.
- $27.5 Million was awarded in 2014 in Cleveland to an English professor at Cuyahoga, OH Community College and drummer with a popular Cleveland rock trio, Blaka Watra, against Kelsey-Hayes Co.
- $12,100,000 was awarded to a 60-year-old Ohio pipefitter who was unknowingly exposed to asbestos at work and inn the household.
- $4.2 Million was awarded to a 58-year-old Ohio plant worker unknowingly exposed to asbestos at work and inn the household.
- $4.2 Million was awarded to a 63-year-old Ohio laborer diagnosed with mesothelioma.
- $3.5 Million was awarded to a 69-year-old Ohio sheet metal worker unknowingly exposed to asbestos on jobsites.
- $3.4 Million was awarded to an 84-year-old Ohio Navy veteran and construction worker with mesothelioma cancer.
- $3.3 Million was awarded to a 71-year-old Ohio pipe organ builder unknowingly exposed to asbestos on the job.
- $3 Million was awarded to a 66-year-old Ohio laborer and teacher diagnosed with mesothelioma.
- $2.7 Million was awarded to a 65-year-old Ohio Navy veteran and steamfitter diagnosed with malignant mesothelioma.
- $2.1 Million was awarded to a 78-year-old retired Ohio construction worker and Navy veteran with mesothelioma.
- $1.1 Million was awarded to an Ohio equipment mechanic diagnosed with mesothelioma.
Mesothelioma Verdicts & Settlements Nationwide
- $10.2 Million Mesothelioma Verdict: For a Paper Mill worker suffering from pleural Mesothelioma.
- $8 Million Mesothelioma Award: For a man diagnosed with Mesothelioma. Noneconomic damages and $1.5 Million for Loss of Life.
- $7.5Million Mesothelioma Verdict: For a woman that developed peritoneal Mesothelioma from laundering her husband s work clothes.
- $5 Million Navy Veteran Mesothelioma Verdict: For a Navy Boilerman who developed Mesothelioma during his service.
- $4.8 Million was awarded to a 65-year-old former plant worker who was exposed to asbestos in the household and at work.
- $4.6 Million Mesothelioma Settlement: For a union insulator that developed malignant Mesothelioma from asbestos exposure.
- $3.2 Million was awarded to a 61-year-old retired maintenance worker.
- $2.5 Million Mesothelioma Settlement: For a union pipefitter man who died from malignant Mesothelioma.
- $2.6 Million Shipyard Worker Mesothelioma Settlement: For the family of a 72-year old shipyard worker with Mesothelioma who suffered secondhand exposure.
- $2.1 Million was awarded to a 73-year-old Navy veteran and former pipefitter.
- $1.8Million Mesothelioma Settlement: For a carpenter that developed malignant Mesothelioma at age 68.
- $1.8 Million was awarded to a 75-year-old Navy veteran and retired warehouse worker.
- $1.5 Million was awarded to a 60-year-old insulator and plant worker who fell victim to mesothelioma.
- $1.5 Million was awarded to an 85-year-old former maintenance worker and electrician exposed to asbestos on the job.
- $1.4 Million was awarded to a 57-year-old furnace operator and plant worker.
- $1.4 Million was awarded to an 81-year-old former Marine and HVAC affected by mesothelioma.
- $1.2 Million Mesothelioma Settlement: For a 76-year-old carpenter that developed malignant Mesothelioma.
- $1.1 Million was awarded to a 75-year-old Army veteran and retired Laborer.
- $1.1 Million was awarded to an 82-year-old Navy veteran and former engineer exposed to asbestos on the job.
- $1 Million Veteran Mesothelioma Settlement: For a Navy veteran machinist that developed malignant Mesothelioma at age 71.
Ohio workers, military veterans, and residents have the right to sue asbestos manufacturers and companies that exposed them to Asbestos. There is more than 30 billion in 60+ asbestos trust funds for people diagnosed with mesothelioma, lung cancer and other asbestos-related diseases.
Malignant Mesothelioma has been linked to workplace asbestos exposure.
TO GET HELP – Our Nationwide Toll-Free Mesothelioma Helpline Number is 888.640.0914
Call Today to find out if you qualify for an asbestos claim!
Asbestos Exposure in Ohio – Mesothelioma Lawsuits
Asbestos was used heavily in U. S. building trades between 1930-1980. More than 3,000 commonly used products in Ohio contained toxic asbestos fibers and materials.
Ohio Workers and Residents that were exposed to asbestos are at higher risk (7 times) than the general population for being diagnosed with Mesothelioma or an asbestos-related disease in their lifetime.
It can take 10-50 years after initial asbestos exposure before symptoms of Mesothelioma may appear. People that were exposed to asbestos in Ohio decades ago are walking time bombs. There is no clear way of knowing if a person will develop Mesothelioma, but most people diagnosed are around 70 years of age.
If you worked in an industry in Ohio that exposed you to deadly asbestos fibers a Mesothelioma lawyer can help you seek compensation for medical expenses resulting from a Mesothelioma cancer diagnosis.
When asbestos is disturbed, broken apart, cut, decayed, or damaged, it releases tiny asbestos microscopic fibrous particles that can cling to the skin, hair and clothing. These asbestos fibers are easily transferred to others where they can accumulate in the lining of lungs that cause Mesothelioma lung cancer.
Asbestos Exposure in Ohio Neighborhoods Pre-1980
We Connect You with Mesothelioma Lawyers in all Ohio Counties
We Connect You with Mesothelioma Lawyers in all Ohio Cities
Malignant Mesothelioma is rare form of cancer that affects lining of the lungs, abdomen, heart, and major organs in the body. Mesothelioma is a disease in which malignant cancer cells are found in the sac lining the chest (pleura) or the abdomen (peritoneum). There are about 3,000 new malignant Mesothelioma cases diagnosed each year in the U. S. If you are experiencing any Mesothelioma symptoms you should contact a doctor immediately.
Diagnosed With Mesothelioma?
If you or a family member has been diagnosed with malignant Mesothelioma you are going to have a lot of questions about living with Mesothelioma and what legal options you have against asbestos manufacturers and asbestos companies for your asbestos exposure. Mesothelioma is a seriously deadly disease. According to the American Cancer Society with the average survival time for people with Mesothelioma is 4-18 months.
Call TOLL FREE 888.640.0914 right now to talk with a live Mesothelioma Counselor that can answer many of your questions and give you the
Family Member Died From Mesothelioma?
If you have a family member that has died from Mesothelioma cancer you should immediately consult with an experienced Mesothelioma diagnosis lawyer about what compensation may be available to you from asbestos trust funds that total more than 30 billion dollars.
It is VERY IMPORTANT that you file your Mesothelioma claim within your states Statute of Limitations.
We have seen many families lose their right to file a lawsuit because their Statute of Limitations had expired while they were grieving. We know it is a tough time to grieve the loss of a loved one, but please do not let your Statute of Limitations expire for filing your Mesothelioma lawsuit. In most states the Statute of Limitations is 2-3 years. Some states have 6 year Statute of Limitations.
Ohio Mesothelioma Lawsuit Damages
Mesothelioma Latency Period
Mesothelioma has a long latency period of 10-50 years. Many Veterans, Shipyard Workers, Construction Workers, Power Plant Workers, Mill Workers, Steel Workers, Railroad Workers, Pipefitters, Insulators, Electricians, Carpenters, Welders, Auto Mechanics, Veterans, Factory Workers, and laborers are living in the early stages of a variety of asbestos related diseases. Many Mesothelioma lawyers will not accept asbestosis, asbestos lung cancer, pleural plaques, pleural thickening, colon cancer and esophageal cancer cases.
There is More Than 30 Billion Dollars Set Aside for Mesothelioma and Asbestos Victims in Asbestos Bankruptcy Trusts
Need a Mesothelioma Lawyer in Ohio?
If you or a family member has been diagnosed with Mesothelioma or an asbestos related disease, we can help you start a Mesothelioma lawsuit against asbestos companies responsible for your injuries. Our experienced nationwide Mesothelioma lawyers will come to you.
Call our Mesothelioma Toll Free Helpline at 888.640.0914 and get help today!
24 Hour Live Chat Available >>> See Chat button on right side of page.
We can usually tell within a few minutes whether we can help you, and if we can’t, maybe direct you to someone who can. We are always accessible by phone, email and online chat.
We are always available to answer your questions with a phone call and will always keep you informed. We will do everything we can to ensure that you receive the highest compensation for your injuries.
If you have a legal question about a Mesothelioma lawsuit, you don’t have to come into our office. Call us, and you’ll speak directly to a lawyer, and if a lawyer is not available, your call will be returned as quickly as possible.
Fill out our free Mesothelioma case evaluation form and an experienced mesothelioma lawyer will call you to immediately start processing your claim at no cost to you.