Need a Mesothelioma Attorney in New Jersey?
Residents and workers in New Jersey were exposed to toxic asbestos dust and fibers with highest exposure years being between, 1920-1980. Mesothelioma and asbestos-related cancers are typically diagnosed 10-50 years after initial exposure.
Thousands of asbestos-containing products and materials were used throughout the state of New Jersey in buildings, residential buildings, industrial plants, factories, power plants, chemical plants, refineries, shipyards and manufacturing plants.
There were 9,395 asbestos related deaths in New Jersey (1,679 Mesothelioma) from 1999-2013 – EWG Action Fund 2015 Study.
New Jersey shipyard workers, construction workers, mechanics, power plant workers, mill workers, steel workers, railroad workers, pipefitters, plumbers, Insulators, electricians, and laborers are at higher risk than the general population for being diagnosed with Mesothelioma or an asbestos-related disease in their lifetime.
New Jersey Asbestos Exposure Hot Spots
More than 338,000 tons of asbestos shipments were received in the state of New Jersey. High asbestos exposure was in shipyards, power plants, steel mills, iron mills, oil refineries, and construction sites in Trenton, Edgewater, Newark and Camden. The state of New Jersey has a population of 8,864,590 (2012 U. S. Census).
Asbestos-containing products and materials were used throughout New Jersey included; asbestos ceiling & floor tiles, asbestos mixed in paints, asbestos mixed in cement, asbestos used in boilers, asbestos used electrical wiring, roofing materials, plumbing pipes & gaskets, attic insulation, heating and air-conditioning products, car and truck brakes, welding equipment, fire retardant clothing & gloves, drywall, fiberboard, wallboard, asbestos tape, vinyl flooring, fireproofing materials, fireplaces, ovens, etc.
New Jersey Asbestos-Related Deaths
|Atlantic County, NJ – 272 Asbestos-Related Deaths (1999-2013)|
|Bergen County, NJ – 863 Asbestos-Related Deaths (1999-2013)|
|Burlington County, NJ – 634 Asbestos-Related Deaths (1999-2013)|
|Camden County, NJ – 934 Asbestos-Related Deaths (1999-2013)|
|Cape May County – 252 Asbestos-Related Deaths (1999-2013)|
|Cumberland County, NJ – 147 Asbestos-Related Deaths (1999-2013)|
|Essex County, NJ – 349 Asbestos-Related Deaths (1999-2013)|
|Gloucester County, NJ – 601 Asbestos-Related Deaths (1999-2013)|
|Hudson County, NJ – 244 Asbestos-Related Deaths (1999-2013)|
|Hunterdon County, NJ – 170 Asbestos-Related Deaths (1999-2013)|
|Mercer County, NJ – 252 Asbestos-Related Deaths (1999-2013)|
|Middlesex County, NJ – 848 Asbestos-Related Deaths (1999-2013)|
|Monmouth County, NJ – 504 Asbestos-Related Deaths (1999-2013)|
|Morris County, NJ – 428 Asbestos-Related Deaths (1999-2013)|
|Ocean County, NJ – 962 Asbestos-Related Deaths (1999-2013)|
|Passaic County, NJ – 289 Asbestos-Related Deaths (1999-2013)|
|Salem County, NJ – 129 Asbestos-Related Deaths (1999-2013)|
|Somerset County, NJ – 864 Asbestos-Related Deaths (1999-2013)|
|Sussex County, NJ – 108 Asbestos-Related Deaths (1999-2013)|
|Union County, NJ – 436 Asbestos-Related Deaths (1999-2013)|
|Warren County, NJ – 109 Asbestos-Related Deaths (1999-2013)|
Source: EWG Group 2015 Study
|New Jersey Asbestos Exposure Job Sites|
|New Jersey Mesothelioma Statute of Limitations|
|New Jersey Veterans Mesothelioma Lawyer|
Peritoneal Mesothelioma has been linked to workplace asbestos exposure.
$7.5 Million Peritoneal Mesothelioma Compensation Verdict Awarded to Wife Whose Mesothelioma Was Caused By Laundering Her Refinery Worker Husband’s Work Clothes in New Jersey.
Asbestos Cover Up – Quotes From Asbestos Executives
“…if you have enjoyed a good life while working with asbestos products, why not die from it.” 1966 memo from an executive of the Bendix Corporation (now part of Honeywell)
In early 1940s, the president of Johns-Manville called the managers of another company “a bunch of fools for notifying employees who had asbestosis.” When asked by another corporation’s representative, “Do you mean to tell me you would let them work until they drop dead?” he responded, “Yes. We save a lot of money that way.”
New Jersey Mesothelioma Statistics (Asbestos-Related Deaths)
- New Jersey ranks 4th in the U. S. for deaths from malignant Mesothelioma.
- The mortality rate from Mesothelioma in New Jersey is 16.3 per million.
- 1,775 New Jersey residents died from malignant Mesothelioma.
- 3,505 asbestos-related deaths were reported in New Jersey since 1979.
- New Jersey has more than 60 job sites where workers have developed an asbestos related disease.
- New Jersey has a crude mortality rank of 8th in the U. S.
*Statistics on Mesothelioma and asbestos related deaths were compiled from CDC (Center for Disease Control’s National Center for Health Statistics), and NIOSH (National Institute for Occupational Safety and Health) and other cancer reporting sources.
Jury awards $2.7 Million to the family of a New Jersey construction worker who died from Mesothelioma that worked as a plumbing and heating installer and repairman.
Mesothelioma Facts and Statistics
- More than 20 million American workers have been exposed to asbestos.
- Mesothelioma cases are found in 9 out of every 1 million people.
- 3,000 new cases of Mesothelioma are diagnosed each year in the U. S.
- Each year in U. S 10,000 Americans will die from an asbestos related disease.
- 30% of U. S. Veterans will develop an asbestos-related disease in their life time.
- 1 in 125 U. S. males who live over the age of 50 will die from an asbestos-related disease.
- Experts believe 60,000 Malignant Mesothelioma deaths will occur between 2010 and 2030.
New Jersey Veterans and Asbestos Exposure
Military Veterans that have a 1 in 3 chance of developing an asbestos related disease in their lifetime. Veterans have the right to bring lawsuits against negligent asbestos companies for exposing them to toxic asbestos-containing products and materials.
There are 21.5 million current living Veterans according to the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs. Veterans who served between 1940 and 1970 have the greatest risk of developing Mesothelioma or an asbestos-related cancer. Navy Veterans who served during World War II and the Korean War have the highest incidence of Asbestos-related diseases.
The U.S. Military used thousands of asbestos-containing products in their ships between the 1920-late 1970’s. 14 in every 1,000 WW II shipyard workers died of an asbestos-related disease compared to 18 in every 1,000 combat related deaths.
- Mesothelioma primarily occurs in Veterans between the ages of 55-75.
- Asbestos was listed as the top contaminant at 32 U.S. Army base closures during the 1990s.
- A recent study showed that as many as 30-40% of Mesothelioma victims is U. S. Veterans.
Recent Mesothelioma Verdicts and Settlements
A Mesothelioma claim is a lawsuit filed on behalf of a victim or surviving family members as a result of hazardous exposure to asbestos.
- $4.6 Million Mesothelioma Settlement: For a Union Insulator that developed malignant Mesothelioma from asbestos exposure.
- $10.2 Million Mesothelioma Verdict: For a Paper Mill worker suffering from pleural Mesothelioma.
- $8 Million Mesothelioma Award: For a man diagnosed with Mesothelioma. Non-economic damages and $1.5 Million for loss of consortium.
- $4.9 Million Settlement: For a man diagnosed with Pleural Mesothelioma from asbestos exposure in workplace in Montana.
- $3.9 Million Settlement: For an Engineer exposed to asbestos on Missouri job sites.
- $2.9 Million Settlement: For an Engineer and Shipyard worker exposed to asbestos in Nevada.
- $1.2 Million Mesothelioma Settlement: For a 76 year old Carpenter that developed malignant Mesothelioma.
- $1.1 Million Veteran Mesothelioma Settlement:For a Navy Veteran Machinist that developed malignant Mesothelioma at age 71.
- $245,000 Asbestosis Settlement: For a Paper Mill worker suffering from Asbestosis.
- $2.5 Million Mesothelioma Settlement: For a Union Pipefitter man who died from malignant Mesothelioma.
- $2.6 Million Shipyard Worker Mesothelioma Settlement: For the family of a 72-year old Shipyard worker with Mesothelioma who suffered second hand exposure.
- $1.8 Million Mesothelioma Settlement: For a carpenter that developed malignant Mesothelioma at age 68.
- $7.5 Million Mesothelioma Verdict: For a woman that developed peritoneal Mesothelioma from laundering her husband’s work clothes.
New Jersey Workers and Residents Have the Right to Sue Manufacturers that exposed them to Asbestos.
We Connect You with Mesothelioma Lawyers in all New Jersey Counties
We Connect You with Mesothelioma Lawyers in all New Jersey Cities
Malignant Mesothelioma is rare form of cancer that affects lining of the lungs, abdomen, heart, and major organs in the body. Mesothelioma is a disease in which malignant cancer cells are found in the sac lining the chest (pleura) or the abdomen (peritoneum). There are about 3,000 new malignant Mesothelioma cases diagnosed each year in the U. S. If you are experiencing any Mesothelioma symptoms you should contact a doctor immediately.
Diagnosed With Mesothelioma?
If you or a family member has been diagnosed with malignant Mesothelioma you are going to have a lot of questions about living with Mesothelioma and what legal options you have against asbestos manufacturers and asbestos companies for your asbestos exposure. Mesothelioma is a seriously deadly disease. According to the American Cancer Society with the average survival time for people with Mesothelioma is 4-18 months.
Call TOLL FREE 888.640.0914 right now to talk with a live Mesothelioma Counselor that can answer many of your questions and give you the peace of mind that you need.
Family Member Died From Mesothelioma?
If you have a family member that has died from Mesothelioma cancer you should immediately consult with an experienced Mesothelioma diagnosis lawyer about what compensation may be available to you from asbestos trust funds that total more than 30 billion dollars.
It is VERY IMPORTANT that you file your Mesothelioma claim within your states Statute of Limitations.
We have seen many families lose their right to file a lawsuit because their Statute of Limitations had expired while they were grieving. We know it is a tough time to grieve the loss of a loved one, but please do not let your Statute of Limitations expire for filing your Mesothelioma lawsuit. In most states the Statute of Limitations is 2-3 years. Some states have 6 year Statute of Limitations.
Mesothelioma Latency Period
Mesothelioma has a long latency period of 10-50 years. Many Veterans, Shipyard Workers, Construction Workers, Power Plant Workers, Mill Workers, Steel Workers, Railroad Workers, Pipefitters, Insulators, Electricians, Carpenters, Welders, Auto Mechanics, Veterans, Factory Workers, and laborers are living in the early stages of a variety of asbestos related diseases. Many Mesothelioma lawyers will not accept asbestosis, asbestos lung cancer, pleural plaques, pleural thickening, colon cancer and esophageal cancer cases.
There is More Than 30 Billion Dollars Set Aside for Mesothelioma and Asbestos Victims in Asbestos Bankruptcy Trusts
Need a Mesothelioma Lawyer in New Jersey?
If you or a family member has been diagnosed with Mesothelioma or an asbestos related disease, we can help you start a Mesothelioma lawsuit against asbestos companies responsible for your injuries. Our experienced nationwide Mesothelioma lawyers will come to you.
Call our Mesothelioma Toll Free Helpline at 888.640.0914 and get help today!
24 Hour Live Chat Available >>> See Chat button on right side of page.
We can usually tell within a few minutes whether we can help you, and if we can’t, maybe direct you to someone who can. We are always accessible by phone, email and online chat.
We are always available to answer your questions with a phone call and will always keep you informed. We will do everything we can to ensure that you receive the highest compensation for your injuries.
If you have a legal question about a Mesothelioma lawsuit, you don’t have to come into our office. Call us, and you’ll speak directly to a lawyer, and if a lawyer is not available, your call will be returned as quickly as possible.
Fill out our free Mesothelioma case evaluation form and an experienced mesothelioma lawyer will call you to immediately start processing your claim at no cost to you.