Railroad Car Types: Mesothelioma
Railroads Cars and Asbestos Exposure
Railroad car manufacturers used asbestos insulation on boxcars, cabooses, coaches, freight cars, baggage cars and locomotive engines before 1980 because it of its extreme heat resistant and fire-proof properties.
Other railroad car asbestos containing products and materials included brakes, gaskets, sealing cements, pipe joints, valves, boilers, and fireboxes that exposed railroad workers.
As early as the late 1920’s railroad companies had medical information linking asbestos exposure with Mesothelioma and other asbestos-related disease and did nothing to protect their workers from harm for decades.
Exposure to asbestos fibers was an everyday part of employment for thousands of U.S. Railroad workers during the 1950-1980.
How Railroad Workers Were Exposed to Asbestos
People that worked for Railroad Companies may have been exposed to high levels of toxic asbestos from a list of over 3,000 asbestos-containing products.
Tradesman that worked at Railroad job sites installing, repairing and replacing products and materials are also at risk of developing an asbestos-related disease in their lifetime.
Railroad workers working in roadhouses, railroad shops, rail yards and repair shops were regularly exposed to harmful asbestos dust on the job.
People that worked in Railroad buildings that contained asbestos containing products are at higher risk for developing Mesothelioma in their lifetime.
Workers that helped build and tear down Railroad buildings that contained toxic asbestos products are also at a higher risk of developing an asbestos related cancer.
If you have been diagnosed with malignant Mesothelioma or an Asbestos related cancer you may be eligible to receive compensation from responsible asbestos manufacturers for your asbestos exposure.
Mesothelioma and Asbestos Exposure
- There are 2,500-3,000 malignant Mesothelioma cases diagnosed each year in the United States.
- 1 in 3 U. S. military veterans will develop an asbestos related disease in their lifetime.
- Men are 4 times more likely to be diagnosed with malignant Mesothelioma than females.
- 70-80% of all diagnosed Malignant Mesothelioma cases reported had workplace experience.
- Asbestos exposure is responsible for approximately 10,000 deaths each year in the United States.
- 1 in every 125 males over 55 will be diagnosed with an asbestos related cancer in their lifetime.
- More than 20 million U. S. workers have been exposed to asbestos with the heaviest usage during 1930-1980.
Railroad workers diagnosed with Mesothelioma have complained that they were not given any warning, training or respiratory protective gear when handling, installing, loading, repairing, or removing asbestos-containing products.
Railroad workers were daily exposed to toxic asbestos dust and fibers in their workplace where they inhaled and ingested them without any protection.
|Air Conditioning Workers|
|Delivery Truck Drivers|
|Heating System Workers|
|Rail Track Maintenance Workers|
|Railroad Crew Workers|
|Railroad Equipment Operators|
|Railroad Track Workers|
|Rail-Track Laying Operators|
Malignant Mesothelioma has been medically linked to workplace asbestos exposure.
Our Nationwide Toll Free Mesothelioma Helpline Number is 888.640.0914
Federal Employer’s Liability Act (FELA)
Protect Your Legal Rights
The Federal Employer’s Liability Act (FELA) was created to allow injured railroad workers to bring lawsuits against their railroad employers for job-related injuries, including asbestos related diseases such as asbestos lung cancer and mesothelioma.
A Federal Employer’s Liability Act lawsuit is a civil lawsuit where injured railroad workers are required to show the employer’s negligence that contributed to their injury.
The U. S. Supreme Court ruled in 2003 that a group of Railroad workers could bring a FELA claim against their employer based on emotional distress caused by the fear of cancer after asbestos exposure.
Railroad Car Types
|Aircraft Parts Car|
|Double Door Boxcars|
|Double Stack Cars|
|Hicube Box Car|
|High Speed Trains|
|LocomotivesLocomotive Crew Cabs|
|Passenger TrainsPublic Driving Cars|
|RailcarsRailroad Office Cars|
|Rail Road Vehicles|
Asbestos Related Products used by Railroad Workers
|Insulation on Boilers|
|Insulation on Fireboxes|
|Insulation on Pipes|
|Metal Body of Train|
|Rail Car Brake Shoes|
|Shielding in Steam Engines|
|Track Maintenance Equipment|
There is no charge for your initial phone consultation.
Recent Mesothelioma Verdicts
- $7.4 Million Mesothelioma Verdict: For a Railroad worker that developed malignant Mesothelioma from asbestos exposure working at CSX Transportation.
- $1.5 Million Mesothelioma Verdict: For a Railroad worker diagnosed with malignant Mesothelioma.
- $3.45 Million Mesothelioma Award: For a Truck Mechanic that developed malignant Mesothelioma from working on brakes.
- $2.9 Million Mesothelioma Award: For a lifetime Navy veterans that developed malignant Mesothelioma from exposure during his military service.
- $8.5 Million Mesothelioma Award: For a Painter diagnosed with terminal Mesothelioma from exposure to asbestos-containing products.
- $2.7 Million Mesothelioma Award: For a Pipefitter diagnosed with malignant Mesothelioma from exposure at a chemical plant.
- $2.6 Million Mesothelioma Settlement: For the family of a 72-year old shipyard worker with mesothelioma who suffered second hand exposure.
- $1.4 Million Mesothelioma Jury Award: For an Illinois railroad worker that developed lung cancer from asbestos exposure working around asbestos products.
- $7.5 Million Mesothelioma Award: For a woman that developed malignant Mesothelioma from washing her husband’s work clothes.
Malignant Mesothelioma has been linked to workplace asbestos exposure.
Diagnosed With Malignant Mesothelioma?
If you or a family member has been diagnosed with malignant Mesothelioma you are going to have a lot of questions about living with Mesothelioma and what legal options you have against asbestos manufacturers and asbestos companies for your asbestos exposure. Malignant Mesothelioma is a deadly disease.
If you are experiencing Mesothelioma symptoms you should consult with your doctor immediately and get tested for malignant Mesothelioma.
Call TOLL FREE 888.640.0914 right now to talk with an experienced Mesothelioma Counselor that can answer many of your questions and give you the peace of mind that you need.
Family Member Died From Mesothelioma?
If you have a family member that has died from malignant Mesothelioma cancer you should immediately consult with an experienced Mesothelioma lawyer about what compensation may be available to you from asbestos trust funds that total more than 30 billion dollars.
It is VERY IMPORTANT that you file your Mesothelioma claim within your states Statute of Limitations.
We have seen many families lose their right to file a lawsuit because their Statute of Limitations had expired while they were grieving. We know it is a tough time to grieve the loss of a loved one, but please do not let your Statute of Limitations expire for filing your Mesothelioma lawsuit. In most states the Statute of Limitations is 2-3 years. Some states have 6 year Statute of Limitations.
Asbestos Cover up
Evidence in thousands of court documents have shown that asbestos companies hid and destroyed memos, documents and ignored doctor’s medical reports about the dangers of asbestos exposure. Despite all of the information about the deadly dangers of asbestos exposure available in the scientific and medical literature asbestos companies chose not take any action to protect workers.
They chose profit over the safety of their workers and then lied and covered it up. This is why U. S. Courts are making asbestos manufacturers and companies pay millions to asbestos victims for their asbestos cover up.
Asbestos Cover up – Quotes from Asbestos Executives
- “…if you have enjoyed a good life while working with asbestos products, why not die from it.” 1966 memo from an executive of the Bendix Corporation (now part of Honeywell)
- In early 1940s, the president of Johns-Manville called the managers of another company “a bunch of fools for notifying employees who had asbestosis.” When asked by another company executive, “Do you mean to tell me you would let them work until they drop dead?” he responded, “Yes. We save a lot of money that way.”
Mesothelioma has been medically linked to workplace asbestos exposure.
Need an Experienced Railroad Mesothelioma Lawyer?
If you or a family member has been diagnosed with Mesothelioma or an asbestos related disease, we can help you start a Mesothelioma lawsuit against asbestos companies responsible for your injuries. Our experienced nationwide Mesothelioma lawyers will come to you.
Call our Mesothelioma Toll Free Helpline at 888.640.0914 and get help today!
24 Hour Live Chat Available >>> See Chat button on right side of page.
We can usually tell within a few minutes whether we can help you, and if we can’t, maybe direct you to someone who can. We are always accessible by phone, email and online chat.
We are always available to answer your questions with a phone call and will always keep you informed. We will do everything we can to ensure that you receive the highest compensation for your injuries.
If you have a question about a Mesothelioma, you don’t have to come into our office. Call us, and will connect you directly to an experienced Mesothelioma lawyer, and if a lawyer is not available, your call will be returned as quickly as possible.
Fill out our free Mesothelioma case evaluation form and an experienced mesothelioma lawyer will call you to immediately start processing your claim at no cost to you.