Tennessee Workers Mesothelioma Claims
Need Help with an Asbestos Exposure Matter in Tennessee?
Tennessee Workers and laborers that were exposed to asbestos fibers are 7 times more likely to develop an asbestos related disease in their lifetime than the general population. It can take 10-50 years after initial asbestos exposure before symptoms of Mesothelioma may appear.
If you worked in an industry in Tennessee that exposed you to deadly asbestos fibers a Mesothelioma lawyer can help you seek compensation for medical expenses resulting from a Mesothelioma cancer diagnosis.
We connect you with experienced Tennessee Mesothelioma Law Firms that serve all 50 states
Workers in Tennessee were exposed to toxic asbestos dust and fibers with highest exposure years being between, 1930-1980.
Thousands of asbestos-containing products and materials were used throughout the state of Tennessee in commercial buildings, residential buildings, industrial plants, factories, power plants, chemical plants, refineries, shipyards and manufacturing plants.
Mesothelioma is rare cancer that affects the lining of the major organs in the body that includes the lungs, abdomen, and heart. Asbestos exposure has been known to cause life-threatening illnesses, such as Mesothelioma, lung cancer and asbestosis.
Over 27 million Americans are at risk for developing Mesothelioma from asbestos exposure. Tennessee law allows people that develop asbestos diseases or Mesothelioma even from exposure in the remote past, to sue and receive compensation from the responsible asbestos companies.
Tennessee Mesothelioma Asbestos Exposure Information
Tennessee Mesothelioma Settlements and Verdicts
Tennessee Asbestos Exposure Job Sites
Tennessee Asbestos Exposure Products
Tennessee Workers Mesothelioma Lawyer
Tennessee Mesothelioma Statute of Limitations
Tennessee Veterans Mesothelioma Lawyer
Tennessee Mesothelioma Statistics (Asbestos-Related Deaths)
- The mortality rate from Mesothelioma in Tennessee is 8.8 per million.
- 786 Tennessee residents died from malignant Mesothelioma.
- 1,010 asbestos-related deaths were reported in Tennessee since 1979.
- Davidson County, TN has more than 120 asbestos-related deaths and more than 101 Mesothelioma Deaths.
*Statistics on Mesothelioma and asbestos related deaths were compiled from CDC (Center for Disease Control’s National Center for Health Statistics), and NIOSH (National Institute for Occupational Safety and Health) and other cancer reporting sources.
There were 2,376 asbestos related deaths in Tennessee (444 Mesothelioma) from 1999-2013 – EWG Action Fund 2015 Study.
How Second-Hand Asbestos Exposure Occurs
When asbestos is disturbed, broken apart, cut, decayed, or damaged, it releases tiny asbestos microscopic fibrous particles that can cling to hair and clothing. These asbestos fibers are easily transferred to others where they can accumulate in the lining of lungs that cause mesothelioma lung cancer.
Asbestos is Most Dangerous When it is;
Tennessee Worker Duties and Asbestos Exposure
Tennessee Legal Rights and Remedies for Mesothelioma Victims
Mesothelioma victims can obtain substantial money compensation for their cancer under Tennessee law. There are multiple ways in which mesothelioma victims can collect money damages, including:
Civil Lawsuit: Can be filed against asbestos product manufacturers, distributors and suppliers. This is known as a products liability action. A civil lawsuit can also be filed for not preventing workers from the hazards of asbestos.
Asbestos Trust Funds: Asbestos companies who have filed for bankruptcy have set up trust funds for asbestos victims. There are more than 50 asbestos trust funds totaling more than 30 billion dollars.
Workers Compensation: Mesothelioma victims have the right to file worker’s compensation claims under state law or under the Federal Worker’s Compensation Act.
Tennessee Mesothelioma Statute of Limitations
In Tennessee, the Statute of Limitations for Mesothelioma and Asbestos Claims are;
- 1 year from date of diagnosis
- 1 year from the time a loved one passes away to file for wrongful death claims.
Asbestos Laws in Tennessee
Tennessee uses NESHAP federal regulations in the demolition or removal of asbestos material from public property. For asbestos related issues: Tennessee Air Pollution Control 615-532-0554.
Tennessee Asbestos Exposure Hot Spots
More than 37,000 tons of asbestos shipments were received in the state of Tennessee. High asbestos exposure was in Los Clark County, Washoe County, Churchill County and Lyon County.
Asbestos-containing products and materials were used throughout Tennessee included; asbestos ceiling & floor tiles, asbestos mixed in paints, asbestos mixed in cement, asbestos used in boilers, asbestos used electrical wiring, roofing materials, plumbing pipes & gaskets, attic insulation, heating and air-conditioning products, car and truck brakes, welding equipment, fire retardant clothing & gloves, drywall, fiberboard, wallboard, asbestos tape, vinyl flooring, fireproofing materials, fireplaces, ovens, etc.
Asbestos Cover up – Quotes from Asbestos Executives
Evidence in thousands of court documents have shown that asbestos companies hid and destroyed memos, documents and ignored doctor’s medical reports about the dangers of asbestos exposure. Despite all of the information about the deadly dangers of asbestos exposure available in the scientific and medical literature asbestos companies chose not take any action to protect workers.
They chose profit over the safety of their workers and then lied and covered it up. This is why U. S. Courts are making asbestos manufacturers and companies pay millions to asbestos victims for their asbestos cover up.
- “…if you have enjoyed a good life while working with asbestos products, why not die from it.” 1966 memo from an executive of the Bendix Corporation (now part of Honeywell)
- In early 1940s, the president of Johns-Manville called the managers of another company “a bunch of fools for notifying employees who had asbestosis.” When asked by another company executive, “Do you mean to tell me you would let them work until they drop dead?” he responded, “Yes. We save a lot of money that way.”
Mesothelioma has been medically linked to workplace asbestos exposure.
Mesothelioma Facts and Statistics
- More than 20 million American workers have been exposed to asbestos.
- Mesothelioma cases are found in 9 out of every 1 million people.
- 3,000 new cases of Mesothelioma are diagnosed each year in the U. S.
- Each year in U. S 15,000 Americans will die from an asbestos related disease.
- 1 in 125 U. S. males who live over the age of 50 will die from an asbestos-related disease.
- Experts believe 60,000 Malignant Mesothelioma deaths will occur between 2010 and 2030.
Tennessee Veterans and Asbestos Exposure
Military Veterans have a 1 in 3 chance of developing an asbestos related disease in their lifetime. Veterans have the right to bring lawsuits against negligent asbestos companies for exposing them to toxic asbestos-containing products and materials.
There are 21.5 million current living Veterans according to the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs. Veterans who served between 1940 and 1970 have the greatest risk of developing Mesothelioma or an asbestos-related cancer. Navy Veterans who served during World War II and the Korean War have the highest incidence of Asbestos-related diseases.
The U.S. Military used thousands of asbestos-containing products in their ships between the 1920-late 1970’s. 14 in every 1,000 WW II shipyard workers died of an asbestos-related disease compared to 18 in every 1,000 combat related deaths.
- Mesothelioma primarily occurs in Veterans between the ages of 55-75.
- 30% of U. S. Veterans will develop an asbestos-related disease in their life time.
- Asbestos was listed as the top contaminant at 32 U.S. Army base closures during the 1990s.
- A recent study showed that as many as 30-40% of Mesothelioma victims is U. S. Veterans.
Tennessee Veterans Mesothelioma Lawyer
Tennessee Workers and Residents Have the Right to Sue Manufacturers that exposed them to Asbestos in Tennessee.
Tennessee Workers With High Risk Asbestos Exposure
Recent Mesothelioma Verdicts and Settlements
A Mesothelioma claim is a lawsuit filed on behalf of a victim or surviving family members as a result of hazardous exposure to asbestos.
- $4.6 Million Mesothelioma Trial Verdict: For a Tennessee resident for “Take-Home” secondhand asbestos exposure Mesothelioma cancer.
- $2.2 Million Mesothelioma Settlement: For a Tennessee Army Veteran Plumber for a Mesothelioma cancer diagnosis.
- $1.3 Million Mesothelioma Settlement: For a Tennessee Electrician that developed malignant Mesothelioma.
- $3 Million Mesothelioma Verdict: For against Tennessee Valley Authority for a Mesothelioma cancer diagnosis.
- $1.75 Million Mesothelioma Settlement: For a Boilermaker that worked at a Pulp and paper Mill who died from Mesothelioma.
- $1.6 Million Mesothelioma Settlement: For a Puget Sound Navy Shipyard Worker that developed malignant Mesothelioma cancer.
- $1.6 Million Mesothelioma Verdict: For a Mechanic that worked around valves, boilers, and pumps developed Mesothelioma.
- $1.5 Million Mesothelioma Settlement: For an Aircraft Worker diagnosed with Mesothelioma working around insulators, tapers and drywallers.
- $2.1 Million Settlement: For a Navy Veteran and Insulation Installer suffering with malignant Mesothelioma Cancer.
Mesothelioma Cancer Has Been Linked to Workplace Asbestos Exposure in Tennessee
Malignant Mesothelioma is rare form of cancer that affects lining of the lungs, abdomen, heart, and major organs in the body. Mesothelioma is a disease in which malignant cancer cells are found in the sac lining the chest (pleura) or the abdomen (peritoneum). There are about 3,000 new malignant Mesothelioma cases diagnosed each year in the U. S. If you are experiencing any Mesothelioma symptoms you should contact a doctor immediately.
Diagnosed With Mesothelioma?
If you or a family member has been diagnosed with malignant Mesothelioma you are going to have a lot of questions about living with Mesothelioma and what legal options you have against asbestos manufacturers and asbestos companies for your asbestos exposure. Mesothelioma is a seriously deadly disease. According to the American Cancer Society with the average survival time for people with Mesothelioma is 4-18 months.
Call TOLL FREE 888.640.0914 right now to talk with a live Mesothelioma Counselor that can answer many of your questions and give you the peace of mind that you need.
Family Member Died From Mesothelioma?
If you have a family member that has died from Mesothelioma cancer in Tennessee, you should immediately consult with an experienced Mesothelioma diagnosis lawyer about what compensation may be available to you from asbestos trust funds that total more than 30 billion dollars.
It is VERY IMPORTANT that you file your Mesothelioma claim within your states Statute of Limitations.
We have seen many families lose their right to file a lawsuit because their Statute of Limitations had expired while they were grieving. We know it is a tough time to grieve the loss of a loved one, but please do not let your Statute of Limitations expire for filing your Mesothelioma lawsuit.
Tennessee Mesothelioma Lawsuit Damages
There is More Than 30 Billion Dollars Set Aside for Mesothelioma and Asbestos Victims in Asbestos Bankruptcy Trusts
Need a Mesothelioma Lawyer in Tennessee?
If you or a family member has been diagnosed with Mesothelioma or an asbestos related disease, we can help you start a Mesothelioma lawsuit against asbestos companies responsible for your injuries. Our experienced nationwide Mesothelioma lawyers will come to you.
Call our Mesothelioma Toll Free Helpline at 888.640.0914 and get help today!
24 Hour Live Chat Available >>> See Chat button on right side of page.
We can usually tell within a few minutes whether we can help you, and if we can’t, maybe direct you to someone who can. We are always accessible by phone, email and online chat.
We are always available to answer your questions with a phone call and will always keep you informed. We will do everything we can to ensure that you receive the highest compensation for your injuries.
If you have a legal question about a Mesothelioma lawsuit, you don t have to come into our office. Call us, and you ll speak directly to a lawyer, and if a lawyer is not available, your call will be returned as quickly as possible. Call today and get help with Adair County, MO Mesothelioma Claims and Lawsuits.
Mesothelioma Settlement Attorneys
24 Hour Call Back Guarantee!
Fill out our free Mesothelioma case evaluation form and an experienced mesothelioma lawyer will call you to immediately start processing your claim at no cost to you.