Marine Corps Women’s Reserve Mesothelioma Lawsuits
Marine Corps Women’s Reserve and Mesothelioma Claims
We Help U. S. Veterans with Mesothelioma Lawsuits in all 50 States
The U. S. Marine Corps Women’s Reserve served in two World Wars before becoming a part of the regular U. S. Marine Corps. The Marine Corps Women’s Reserve was officially established on February 1943.
From the 1930s until 1980, many U. S. Marine aircraft, bases, planes, vehicles and barracks were constructed with parts containing asbestos, such as engines, brakes, wiring and other materials that needed to be insulated from the extreme heat. Asbestos was used in U. S. base buildings and base housing used by U. S. Air Force Servicemen and Servicewomen and their families.
The Department of Veterans Affairs states that there are over 25 million Americans that have previously served in the U.S. Military. Most Veterans do not start showing asbestos related symptoms until 10-50 years after their initial exposure. Asbestos exposure is responsible for approximately 10,000 deaths each year in the United States.
Navy Veterans that have been diagnosed with Mesothelioma or any Asbestos related diseases may be eligible to receive compensation from responsible asbestos companies and manufacturers.
Marine Corps Veterans and Asbestos Exposure
Thousands of U. S. servicemen and women came into contact with asbestos fibers during their tour of service. Many Veterans diagnosed with Mesothelioma have complained that they were not given any warning, training or respiratory protective gear when handling, installing, loading, repairing, or removing asbestos-containing products.
- Asbestos was used by the U. S. Military in more than 300 different materials and products.
- Millions of U. S. Veterans have been exposed to asbestos during their tour of service.
- A recent study showed that as many as 30-40% of Mesothelioma victims is U. S. Veterans.
- Mesothelioma has affected veterans from all branches of service including those who worked in Navy shipyards.
- The U.S. Military used thousands of asbestos-containing products in their ships between the 1920-late 1970’s.
- Asbestos was listed as the top contaminant at 32 U.S. Army base closures during the 1990s.
- Mesothelioma and other asbestos related diseases primarily occur in Veterans between the ages of 55-75.
- Veterans who served between 1940 and 1980 have the greatest risk of developing Mesothelioma or an asbestos-related cancer.
- 14 in every 1,000 WW II shipyard workers died of an asbestos-related disease compared to 18 in every 1,000 combat related deaths.
- Asbestos was used heavily in the shipbuilding and in military ships. Many veterans working in confined quarters have been exposed to asbestos.
Asbestos is most dangerous when inhaled or ingested. Most U. S. Veterans are particularly at risk because that worked on building and demolition projects that exposed them to asbestos fibers and dust. It was nearly impossible to avoid coming into to contact with asbestos if you worked on military construction sites.
Veterans were daily exposed to toxic asbestos dust and fibers where they inhaled and ingested them without any protection in their workplace. Families of workers and other military veterans that were exposed to asbestos secondhand are also developing Mesothelioma and other asbestos-related disease.
Veterans diagnosed with Mesothelioma have complained that they were not given any warning, training or respiratory protective gear when handling, installing, loading, repairing, or removing asbestos-containing products.
Marine Corps and Asbestos Exposure
- The U. S. Marines and the Navy have been working together since the inception of this America’s military.
- Because asbestos has an ability to withstand extreme heat, it was used widely throughout the U. S. Military.
- The U. S. Armed Forces used asbestos-containing products in ships, aircraft, buildings, barracks, mess halls, and other military facilities.
- The Department of Veterans Affairs states that there are over 25 million Americans that have previously served in the U.S. Military.
- U. S. Marine base at Camp Pendleton in California had an Asbestos contamination problem.
- The American Cancer Society reported U. S. Marines were exposed to toxic asbestos products for decades in older Marine barracks.
- Asbestos was at the top of a list of contaminants at 32 U.S. Army bases before they were closed in the late 1990s.
- Tests were done at the U. S. Marine Camp Grainger, Tarrawa Terrace (1 & 2), and Camp LeJeune found asbestos present but a variety of other Asbestos-containing products and materials were present.
Veterans have the right to sue asbestos manufacturers that exposed them to asbestos.
Women Veterans and Mesothelioma Cancer
Women have a 1 in 16 chance of developing malignant Mesothelioma or another asbestos-related disease in their lifetime.
Women and Mesothelioma Cancer
- Men are 4 times more likely than women to be diagnosed with Mesothelioma cancer.
- Women represent 8-10% of all diagnosed Mesothelioma cases in women with an average age of 60.
- Asbestos-related symptoms in women can occur 10-50 years after their first asbestos exposure.
- Ovarian cancer in women has now been linked directly to asbestos exposure.
- Mesothelioma cases in women are on the rise and studies show that women are more at risk through second hand exposure.
- Researchers in Australia are linking asbestos exposure and women that participated in do-it-yourself home renovations with a rise in diagnosed Mesothelioma cases.
- An Irish Cancer Society study recently showed majority of the women in Ireland who are diagnosed with Mesothelioma due to exposure to fibers on their husband’s work clothes.
- Medical studies have shown that women who are diagnosed with Mesothelioma are more likely to be diagnosed with Peritoneal Mesothelioma in their abdomen.
- Women that worked in shipyards, oil refineries, power plants, steel mills, and factories during World War II have developed Mesothelioma later in life.
- In 1997, a study at Durham and Duke University Medical Centers reported that a history of asbestos exposure was a factor in about 75% of the women who participated in the study.
Military Branches of Service
U. S. Veterans Workers and Asbestos Containing Products
U. S. Veterans Veterans that worked in boiler rooms, engine rooms, installing brakes, gaskets, insulation, valves and pipes have a higher risk of developing an asbestos related disease in their lifetime
Air Handling Systems
Aircraft Stitching Wire
Army Gas Masks
Army Transport Vehicles
Asbestos Cement Sheets
Asbestos Coated Steam Pipeline
Asbestos Containing Coots
Asbestos Containing Gloves
Asbestos containing Parts
Asphalt Plastic Cement
Base Floor Covering Materials
Boiler Room Equipment
Cement Asbestos Shingles
Cement Chalk Boards
Cement Covered Flues
Cockpit Heating Systems
Deck Covering Materials
Engine Heat Shields
Felt and Tar Joint Compound
Fire Resistant Clothes
Flexible Duct Connectors
Heat Resistant Gloves
Heat Resistant Materials
Heat Shields for Engines
Hot Water Pipes
Hot Water Tank Insulation
Insulation of Tanks
Insulation on Boilers
Insulation on hot water pipes
Insulation on Steam Pipes
Joiner Bulkhead Systems
Protective Fire Retardant
Smoke Screen Generators
Sound dampening materials
Systems used to Heat Cockpits
Wallboard Joint Compound
There is no charge for your initial phone consultation.
TO GET HELP – Our nationwide toll free Mesothelioma Helpline number is 888.640.0914
We Do Not Sue the Military or the Government
Asbestos related cancers among Veterans are not the fault of the military or even the government. It is the fault of the asbestos manufacturers and companies. Asbestos companies knew of the potential health issues related to asbestos exposure as far back as the 1920’s, but knowingly hid this information from the public, the medical community and even the U.S. Military and continued to profit off their deadly asbestos materials.
If you are a Veteran and are suffering from Mesothelioma cancer, you can seek justice from these greedy asbestos manufacturers. It’s not unpatriotic to fight back against the big asbestos companies that have exposed you deadly asbestos products.
Veterans injured from asbestos exposure during their service have the right to sue the asbestos companies that produced and sold the asbestos materials and products used by the U. S. Military
Mesothelioma and Asbestos Veteran Related Settlements & Verdicts
- $1.25 Million Navy Veteran Mesothelioma Settlement: For a Navy carpenter that developed malignant Mesothelioma at age 76.
- $2.7 Million Veteran Mesothelioma Settlement: For a Navy sheetmetal worker that developed malignant Mesothelioma at age 79.
- $2.4 Million Navy Veteran Mesothelioma Verdict: For a Veteran telephone installer and repairman that developed Mesothelioma at age 61.
- $1.1 Million Navy Veteran Mesothelioma Settlement: For a Navy mechanic and drywall installer that developed malignant Mesothelioma at age 71.
- $4 Million Army Veteran Mesothelioma Verdict: For a U. S. U. S. Air Force veteran that developed Mesothelioma at age 76.
- $6 Million Veteran Mesothelioma Verdict: For a Navy fireman and boiler tender that developed Mesothelioma at age 64.
- $7.2 Million Air Force Veteran Mesothelioma Verdict: For a Navy electrical engineer and electronic technician that developed malignant Mesothelioma at age 67.
- $2.4 Million Navy Veteran Mesothelioma Verdict: For a Veteran telephone installer and repairman that developed Mesothelioma at age 61.
- $12.3 Million Navy Veteran Mesothelioma Verdict: For a Veteran cement worker that developed malignant Mesothelioma at age 57.
- $32 Million Navy Veteran: For a veteran who worked in fire and boiler rooms of naval ships that he served on.
- $75 Million Navy Supplier Trust Award: Against a Navy Supplier Sets Up $75 Million Trust for Veterans with Mesothelioma.
Mesothelioma has been linked to asbestos exposure in U. S. Veterans.
Asbestos Trust Funds and Mesothelioma Claims
U. S. Asbestos Bankruptcy Trusts Funds have paid out nearly 21 billion to more than 600,000 asbestos claimants. There are about 60 active Asbestos Trust Funds with an estimated $32 billion in remaining assets.
Asbestos Settlement Trusts were established to help compensate workers and their families for asbestos exposure causing Mesothelioma and other asbestos-related diseases. When an Asbestos company establishes a Trust Fund all settlements are managed by trustees that decide the compensation amounts paid to Mesothelioma claimants. U. S. Courts allow Asbestos defendants to file for protection under a legal process known as bankruptcy reorganization. This allows the company to pay claims and stay in business.
Asbestos Trust Fund settlements typically do not come with an admission of guilt by the asbestos company that set up the trust.
If you have a history of asbestos exposure you should be checked each year by a qualified doctor.
We have been helping victims of asbestos exposure and their families for more than 20 years.
If you or a family member has been diagnosed with Malignant Mesothelioma or an Asbestos-related disease, we are here to help you file a claim with an experience Mesothelioma lawyer that will fight for you!
Need Help Choosing a Mesothelioma Lawyer?
We have been counseling Veterans and Mesothelioma patients for more than 13 years on Mesothelioma and other asbestos related cancers. A Mesothelioma case can settle in the seven figure range. Be very careful in choosing a Mesothelioma lawyer to represent you and your family.
Mesothelioma is highly specialized legal field and having an experienced Veterans Mesothelioma lawyer can make a huge difference in the amount of your settlement.
Mesothelioma cases can take 1-3 years in the busy U. S. Court system. Lawyers for Asbestos companies will try to stretch out the time to settle and some Mesothelioma patients will die during this time. At this point, it will become a Mesothelioma Wrongful Death case.
Family members are allowed to seek financial compensation from negligence of asbestos manufacturers for their loss.
Malignant Mesothelioma Cancer
Malignant Mesothelioma is rare form of cancer that affects lining of the lungs, abdomen, heart, and major organs in the body. Mesothelioma is a disease in which malignant cancer cells are found in the sac lining the chest (pleura) or the abdomen (peritoneum).
There are about 3,000 new malignant Mesothelioma cases diagnosed each year in the U. S. If you are experiencing any Mesothelioma symptoms you should contact a doctor immediately.
Veterans Diagnosed With Mesothelioma?
If you or a family member has been diagnosed with malignant Mesothelioma you are going to have a lot of questions about living with Mesothelioma and what legal options you have against asbestos manufacturers and asbestos companies for your asbestos exposure. Mesothelioma is a seriously deadly disease.
According to the American Cancer Society with the average survival time for people with Mesothelioma is 4-18 months.
Call TOLL FREE 888.640.0914 right now to talk with a live Mesothelioma Counselor that can answer many of your questions and give you the peace of mind that you need.
Family Member Died From Mesothelioma?
If you have a family member that has died from Mesothelioma cancer you should immediately consult with an experienced Mesothelioma diagnosis lawyer about what compensation may be available to you from asbestos trust funds that total more than 30 billion dollars.
It is VERY IMPORTANT that you file your Mesothelioma claim within your states Statute of Limitations.
We have seen many families lose their right to file a lawsuit because their Statute of Limitations had expired while they were grieving. We know it is a tough time to grieve the loss of a loved one, but please do not let your Statute of Limitations expire for filing your Mesothelioma lawsuit. In most states the Statute of Limitations is 2-3 years. Some states have 6 year Statute of Limitations.
Mesothelioma Latency Period
Mesothelioma has a long latency period of 10-50 years. Many Veterans, Shipyard Workers, Construction Workers, Power Plant Workers, Mill Workers, Steel Workers, Railroad Workers, Pipefitters, Insulators, Electricians, Carpenters, Welders, Auto Mechanics, Veterans, Factory Workers, and laborers are living in the early stages of a variety of asbestos related diseases.
Many Mesothelioma lawyers will not accept asbestosis, asbestos lung cancer, asbestosis, pleural plaques, pleural thickening, colon cancer and esophageal cancer cases.
There is More Than 30 Billion Dollars Set Aside for Mesothelioma and Asbestos Victims in Asbestos Bankruptcy Trusts
Need a Marine Corps Mesothelioma Lawyer?
If you or a family member has been diagnosed with Mesothelioma or an asbestos related disease, an experienced Mesothelioma Lawyer can help you start a Mesothelioma lawsuit against asbestos companies responsible for your injuries. Our experienced nationwide Mesothelioma lawyers will come to you.
Call our Mesothelioma Toll Free Helpline at 888.640.0914 and get help today!
24 Hour Live Chat Available >>> See Chat button on right side of page.
We can usually tell within a few minutes whether we can help you, and if we can’t, maybe direct you to someone who can. We are always accessible by phone, email and online chat.
We are always available to answer your questions with a phone call and will always keep you informed. We will do everything we can to ensure that you receive the highest compensation for your injuries.
If you have a question about a Mesothelioma, you don’t have to come into our office. Call us, and you’ll speak directly to an experienced Veteran’s Mesothelioma lawyer, and if a lawyer is not available, your call will be returned as quickly as possible.
Military Veterans Occupation List and Asbestos Exposure
24 Hour Call Back Guarantee!
Fill out our free Mesothelioma case evaluation form and an experienced mesothelioma lawyer will call you to immediately start processing your claim at no cost to you.
To get started is easy…
Fill out our form located at the right of your page or call us toll-free at 1-888-640-0914 for a Free Case Analysis.
An Intake Specialist will guide you through the process of providing us the information needed to see if you or your loved one qualifies for any of the more than 65 Asbestos Trust Funds.
THERE IS NO CHARGE FOR YOUR CALL FOR THE CONSULTATION
TO GET HELP – Our nationwide toll-free Mesothelioma Helpline number is 888.640.0914
Nationwide Veterans Mesothelioma Lawyers
There is NO CHARGE FOR YOUR CALL OR THE CONSULTATION